What's new

Tech 48% meterless corner reversal set up.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.

i made this video quick to show you guys the tech, the optimal damage i found was 48%.
Optimal combo: b2 trait, 22b1 j3 close dive kick, 22b1 Black magic, 3.
now this tech is extremely good for a couple of reasons.

first of standing 3 is a hard knockdown, so his other corner reversal set up only worked if you did a grounded 223, in the air you could tech roll a 223.

this still gives you a cross over dive kick or non cross up dive kick set up that you would normally do with b23 up 2. Black adam still has enough time to block any wake up attack INCASE you mess the set up, up. BA also still maintains frame advantage after the dash up for a meaty b2 or whatever. this tech is on the flash's f3 double cross up level, meaning that you should IMO always do this set up, there is no downside to it minus the 2% less damage. once you condition your opponent to block on wake up is where it gets fun for BA with cross up divekicks, frame traps and even his bomb unblockable.

BA players, if you can please post a follow up combo that would best be suited to whiff punish wake up attacks. include meterless and metered combos separately.
enjoy.

@AK Smarrgasm
@Qwark28
@Indecisive
@R.E.O.
@Rico Suave
@AK Pig Of The Hut
@EMPEROR_OF_OUTWORLD
@LanceMonsoon
@Emperor DMS you've been waiting for a video :)

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Oh man how did I miss this. This is an excellent setup @Zyphox. Here are some other combos that lead into the set-up.

b23, 112~bm, 3 (26%)
112, 112~bm, 3 (24%)
112~bm , neutral J3, 3 (26%)
MB bootstomp, NJ3~far bootstomp, 22b1~bm, 3 (42%)

I will definitely be stealing this

Last edited:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Oh man how did I miss this. This is an excellent setup @Zyphox. Here are some other comboes that lead into the set-up.

b23, 112~bm, 3 (26%)
112, 112~bm, 3 (24%)
112~bm , neutral J3, 3 (26%)
MB bootstomp, NJ3~far bootstomp, 22b1~bm, 3 (42%)

I will definitely be stealing this
thanks, whats good about this is you can option select after the forward dash and meaty them as they get up, and you don't have to worry about wake ups hitting you unless they have a backwards hitbox, and it messes with teleport characters since they will tele into the corner.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
thanks, whats good about this is you can option select after the forward dash and meaty them as they get up, and you don't have to worry about wake ups hitting you unless they have a backwards hitbox, and it messes with teleport characters since they will tele into the corner.
There is no reason to not do the wake-up reversal. I tried it on deathstroke and I could still block after his spin hit me from the back. However the flash f3 set-up is more messed up safe 50/50's for days.