What's new

Tech 45% wall trap setup

xMx M9 xSx

I <3 dogs
There have been similar combos posted, and I don't know if this is discovered, but here's a nice little corner setup that still does decent damage.

Jip 21xxfreezeball, jip 211+2, njp, 4^^, 211+2, 34. Then dash back and do a close bomb. The bomb, of course, will only hurt them, but this is where the "setup" part kicks in.

^^for the 4 to hit consistently, try to delay the njp as long as possible while in air to land faster.

So basically, with a kharacter like subby you can bait the wake up and punish or 21 1+2 and do another combo. Simply look at how the person your fighting has played this far. Are they aggressive? Do they take risks? Are they easily overpowered? Just act accordingly. Worst case scenario, depending on the person you're fighting, you take a little wake up damage and they get bombed. The bomb is 8% I believe, so chances are that the combo does more than the bnb anyway. I do not know if they can jump out or not but ill assume that they can.

Options (I plan on updating strengths/combos):
2,1,1+2 - most consistent trap, it hits them up after the bomb for a quick juggle combo, and if the bomb hits them, then you can actually do another bomb-trap setup.

3,3,2 - stuffs a lot of wakeups, but does not hit them up for a combo.

Parry - just a way to block SOME wakeups and people that try to crossover jip.

Njp/diagonal jump kick - if your opponent is jump-happy, then this is a quick and easy punish

D4xxfreezeball(?)
En-tele(?)

So basically it's a little setup that is not too unsimilar to a corner version of altaire's reset. Oh shoot has anyone done anything with u4 in the corner? Bout to check it out.

Take it or leave it, it's barely less than his normal bnbs of 47% or 48%

updated feb. 5

Flagg

Noob
The 4 isn't an issue, it's all in the njp, if you delay that slightly, then the 4 hitting high is guaranteed. Hitting the njp very quickly usually results in the 4 whiffing.

I did try this out today....the window for hitting the 34 at the end must be small cause a lot of the times the 4 misses which can result in the opponent getting up and punishing you! However this does have some potential on hit with the ice bomb.

I find his corner uppercut combos too ridiculous to pull off consistently so this a decent change to the mix.