What's new

3rd variation possiblities (berserker update)

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
EDIT: WE GIT BARASERKER, BLADE CHARGE AND LEG KEBOB!!!

So mr.boon said they are coming.

Im guessing they won't use moves already in a variation.

So were left with,
Blade charge, (still crazy to be baraka without a blade charge)
Leg kebob,
Barakaserker (punchwalk)
War banner bash
War banner charge
Staked

I hope we dont get the flag moves tbh.
Bash overlaps with flag plants inputs so its harder to actually get flag out than in other variations and while having armor on special move is crazy tool to have in this game on paper with flag being harder to get out because of input overlap its not as good as it could be.
staked imo is his worse ability. with very poor combo damage, no access to new krushing blows (i know the blood lunge one VERY rare but its possible) dont think the flag moves give enough when compared to bone picker/maurader.

The trio of blade charge, kebob and punchwalk is what i hope we get, while lacking launcher like mauarder or bone picker in corner damage could be made up for with the 3 moves being able to kb and being able to mix up close with kebob
I really like the side switching of blade charge and punchwalk aswell

@colt
@16 Bit
Guessing these are already long decided in the most part but hopefully will be able to be blade charge krushing blow fools soon

What rest you guys think?

Last edited:
I wouldnt even know where to begin. His 2 vairations pretty much cover everything. Maurader for damage, BP for zoning. What else is there? A mix up vairation? I'm pretty sure the devs want to get away from heavy mix like MKX. Most characters with a lot of overhead/low mix ups aren't very good. The mix usually come with a steep price/easy way out of it.

All of the moves outside of the tournament vairations dont seem very viable in their current state with the exception of kebab.

I just hope they rework his db4 flag move. That shit is currently useless in both vairations. Please make it absorb fireballs or something. Lessen the blockstun of f4 And give my mans a good wave dash like the rest of the outworld characters lol then Hed be perfect.

Last edited:

Spektor

Noob
They are REALLY going to have to buff some of these moves or no one will use these third variations lol. Here are my predictions using no overlap moves when I could:

Shang- Force Lift, Shake, Slide
Shao- Skewered, Spear Charge, Seeking Wrath Hammer
Frost- Ice Auger, Core Trap
Nightwolf- Ancestral Hunter, Spirit Tracks, Hana's Wrath
Johnny- Stunt Double, Pissed Off
Sonya- Summon KAT, Turret Trauma
Cassie- Air Advance, Flying Glow Kick, Bullet Ricochet
Jax- Buckshot, Enhanced Outrank, Ground Shatter
Scorpion- Demon Dash, Fireball, Demon Breath
Noob- Sickle Snag, Sickle Toss, Shadow Dive
Baraka- War Banner Bash, Staked, Banner Charge
Raiden- Lightning Storm, Jo Push
Jacqui- Bionic bounce, Enhanced Air Blast, Prototype Rocket
Sub- Creeping Ice, Arctic Trap
Kano- Bio Magnetic Pull, Snakebite
Kabal- Gas Blast, Air Slight Gas
Lui Kang- Nunchaku Stance, Kusari Slam
Kitana- Edenian Fade, Upward Fan Toss
Kung Lao- Possessed Hat, Spiritual Guidance
Jade- Deadly Assassin, Vanishing Winds, Delia's Dance
Skarlet- Boiling Point, Red Mist, Red Rain
Erron- Netherbeast Trap, Acid Pour
DVorah- Bombardier Beetle, Flippin Out, Air Fly By
Kotal- Directed Rays, Tonatiuh Burst, Chicahtoc Totem
Geras- Rewind Time, Sand Simulcrum
Kollector- Relic Lure, War Quoit Toss, Vial of Sorrow
Cetrion- Deadly Winds, Conflux of Elements

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
They are REALLY going to have to buff some of these moves or no one will use these third variations lol. Here are my predictions using no overlap moves when I could:

I think this is dead on basically, and I can't wait!

1man3letters

A thing i found out i didnt know before

If you use the kb from baraserker you cant use the kb from blade charge and vice versa.
(You have to have blade charged equipped to even be able to use the baraserker one) but this is news to me both cant kb in same match

I'm honestly just really happy with Marauder. If anything I wish I could remove the flag altogether with no other changes. More than one or two times I've tried to B4 from a crouching block and thrown out the flag instead.

Looks like our third variation is barrage(extended d1/d3/jd1) and blade charge..... I'm really hoping they changed blade charge or gave him more strings or something cause it sounds useless.

Honestly, I just want them to give him a wave dash. His movement is hot ass garbage.

Spektor

Noob

Well looks like I got about half the moves right haha. They surprised me a bit.

1man3letters

Looks like our third variation is barrage(extended d1/d3/jd1) and blade charge..... I'm really hoping they changed blade charge or gave him more strings or something cause it sounds useless.

Honestly, I just want them to give him a wave dash. His movement is hot ass garbage.
16 bit said name of move wrong. (She acted out the punchwalk animation though haha)
Its baraserker, leg kebob and blade charge

If leg kebob makes it to game as is right now, hot damn we in for a good time

16 bit said name of move wrong. (She acted out the punchwalk animation though haha)
Its baraserker, leg kebob and blade charge

If leg kebob makes it to game as is right now, hot damn we in for a good time
Yeah I saw that. Leg Kabob is alright but only because its safe. Punchwalk & charge are basically the same move... and blood lunge is better than both if you wanna play that way. There are no launchers either so we dont really get anything in the corner... The only decent thing about this variation is that we get a safe 50/50 from b312/b31 kabob but the reward is pretty bad.

Not really sure what the're going for in this build but I'm assuming that they heavily reworked the moves cause its not looking good right now

1man3letters

Well am i glad i didnt make a preview video haha

Leg kebob down from +19 on hit to +5.
That means not really getting anything of it midscreen and only getting a d1 in corner, even f4 will trade will alot of pokes in game.

Amp baraserker is -3 now but still -13 if last hit flawless blocked so still be able to be punished outside of fb u2/3

Need time to reflect on all this but at 1st glance knee jerk over reaction, man kinda disappointed they gimped with leg kebob and while amp baraserker slighty improved dont think was even trade off

Lol man berserker is ass. I was thinking they were going to change a lot of it but nah. Theres like no gameplan it's like they just took random shit and threw it together. Its disappointing.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Well am i glad i didnt make a preview video haha

Leg kebob down from +19 on hit to +5.
That means not really getting anything of it midscreen and only getting a d1 in corner, even f4 will trade will alot of pokes in game.

Amp baraserker is -3 now but still -13 if last hit flawless blocked so still be able to be punished outside of fb u2/3

Need time to reflect on all this but at 1st glance knee jerk over reaction, man kinda disappointed they gimped with leg kebob and while amp baraserker slighty improved dont think was even trade off
+19 on hit for leg kabob was pretty crazy, didn't expect it to stay that way tbh.

Is it just me or are Blade Charge and Baraka-Serker the exact same move? They do about the same damage, seem to combo from the same strings and both knock the opponent away.

Perhaps there’s one or two situational options where one would be better than the other, but it seems a bit redundant to have them both loaded into a variation.

1man3letters

Is it just me or are Blade Charge and Baraka-Serker the exact same move? They do about the same damage, seem to combo from the same strings and both knock the opponent away.

Perhaps there’s one or two situational options where one would be better than the other, but it seems a bit redundant to have them both loaded into a variation.
Baraserker does more damage.
Blade charge faster advancing movement even though slower start up and lets you side switch without using meter

Only way they really linked is there kbs.
Amp baraserker turns last hit of move into a blade charge, if you use the kb from one you can't with other, thought nrs would change this that amp baraserker -3 instead of -13 now but they still linked

They're the same move. They do the same things. Meter is almost irrelevant in this variation cause theres no real reward for spending/not spending it other than 20 more points of damage. You can argue that blade charge is more of a whiff punisher but you're not gunna be punishing anything with a 16 frame start up that you couldn't punish with f4~gutted for half life. Same goes with block punishing.

Also, if you're looking to whiff punish, you losing the best thing about this vairation which is the 50/50 leg kabob/overhead.

The options in this variation are: struggle to get in with the worst movement in the game(like every other baraka variation), and if you do get in, get 1 50/50. If you guess right on the overhead you get 70 damage knockdown(same as b4) and if you guess right on the leg kabob you get basically the same damage and lose your turn because they are to far away to keep your pressure. And if you guess wrong you lose your turn and have to fight your way back in again. Lol this variation is cheeks.

Just give him a wave dash and murarder would be perfect.

Day 1 for me with the patch and yet again Baraka's third variation is garbage yet I expected that; matter of fact, I wasn't expecting anything at all so there's my consolation prize.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I don't think the third variation is total garbage, but imo Marauder is still the best by far. Berserker looks like Bonepicker, a utility variation for some matchups, but not suitable for solo main. The leg kabob adds a very scary mix but he loses too many things to get that. Baraserker is good for corner carry and to chip out. If the mb version didn't have the flawless blockable gap, it would be much better.

Last edited: