What's new

3rd variation possiblities (berserker update)

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Would love to see amp baraserker still be -3 if flawless blocked.

So only could be punished with u2s so both using resources

(Hopefully when they hotfix cages vanilla chakram kollector like fireballs and mk9 cyrax on whiff up shadow they change this, id prob put it on par with bone picker then )

I curious to see what match up you think berserker wins that murarder or BP dont? Actually, what match up does berserker win at all? He cant zone, he doesn't do any damage, he doesnt have any real staggers, he has very bad movement...am I missing something? I'm not tryna flame, I'm honestly asking. How do you win with this variation?

Even if punchwalk didnt have a flawless block gap(which it does, so..) it still doesnt win any matchup. I'm so confused.

Skryba

Noob
If leg kabob hadn't been butchered, this variation would be very interesting. Just like scorpion, baraka had plenty of potential for his 3rd variation had the most important move not been murdered framedata-wise.

As it stands, the variations are useless, unfortunately =(

Hopefully, they see this and in a not so distant patch undo (or at least reduce) the nerfs done to leg kabob for baraka and misery blade: 3 for scorpion.

Idk, even if leg kabob was +10 on hit, this variation was be a little more annoying but it would still be largely useless. I wanna know what the philosophy is behind this variation. What is this variation ment to do? Medium risk low reward 50/50 loops with no staggers or combos? He would probably need more than two overheads to do that.

How are his other two special moves supposed to be used? What playstyle does this variation counter? Why would I ever pick it lol memeserker is useless because his special moves dont work together and his base design doesnt complement those random ass special moves. It has nothing to do with a butchered leg kabob.

Skryba

Noob
Idk, even if leg kabob was +10 on hit, this variation was be a little more annoying but it would still be largely useless. I wanna know what the philosophy is behind this variation. What is this variation ment to do? Medium risk low reward 50/50 loops with no staggers or combos? He would probably need more than two overheads to do that.

How are his other two special moves supposed to be used? What playstyle does this variation counter? Why would I ever pick it lol memeserker is useless because his special moves dont work together and his base design doesnt complement those random ass special moves. It has nothing to do with a butchered leg kabob.
Leg kabob used to be somewhere along the lines of +19. That meant you ended your combos in a restand with a possibility of jailing into your 1,1 or 1,2 or f2,1 midscreen. You had less damage potential compared to gutted, but you had amazing restand pressure coupled with a decent low/overhead game.

With baraka-serker effectively giving you a good damage conversion for your f4,4 KB midscreen as well, the variation actually had a lot of potential to offer a different baraka playstyle that could be very competitive.

As soon as a variation offers either an answer to tougher matchups or a different approach to the characters gameplan that is competitive, I think it's a good variation.

As it stands, with leg kabob utterly butchered, the variation has no damage potential but also nothing to weigh in its favour, so it has no gameplan that's competitive, nor does it help with any matchups.

Leg kabob used to be somewhere along the lines of +19. That meant you ended your combos in a restand with a possibility of jailing into your 1,1 or 1,2 or f2,1 midscreen. You had less damage potential compared to gutted, but you had amazing restand pressure coupled with a decent low/overhead game.

With baraka-serker effectively giving you a good damage conversion for your f4,4 KB midscreen as well, the variation actually had a lot of potential to offer a different baraka playstyle that could be very competitive.

As soon as a variation offers either an answer to tougher matchups or a different approach to the characters gameplan that is competitive, I think it's a good variation.

As it stands, with leg kabob utterly butchered, the variation has no damage potential but also nothing to weigh in its favour, so it has no gameplan that's competitive, nor does it help with any matchups.
I get that, and in that sense i definitely see your point.

A safe, low, +19 restand is pretty broken though. I kinda figured they wouldn't keep that the way it was. There is pretty much no counter play to that. I think +7-10 is much more reasonable but its still underwhelming because his normals are lacking in the way that he doesnt have anything to keep that pressure. The best thing he has is f4 but its i12 and it seems like every d3 in the game low profiles it.

If they kept kabob the same then this variation would be viable but only because that move is literally broken.

And then what's the point of the other special moves? A bit more damage off of f44kb mid screen? Then what? Not to mention you get that with BP. Theres nothing to cash out, why would I ever end my combo in anything other than leg kabob?

I just dont see a real playstyle here. Or a matchup where this variation wins.

Skryba

Noob
I get that, and in that sense i definitely see your point.

A safe, low, +19 restand is pretty broken though. I kinda figured they wouldn't keep that the way it was. There is pretty much no counter play to that. I think +7-10 is much more reasonable but its still underwhelming because his normals are lacking in the way that he doesnt have anything to keep that pressure. The best thing he has is f4 but its i12 and it seems like every d3 in the game low profiles it.

If they kept kabob the same then this variation would be viable but only because that move is literally broken.

And then what's the point of the other special moves? A bit more damage off of f44kb mid screen? Then what? Not to mention you get that with BP. Theres nothing to cash out, why would I ever end my combo in anything other than leg kabob?

I just dont see a real playstyle here. Or a matchup where this variation wins.
Thing is, the correct nerf would've been to make kabob unsafe, IMO. Not to keep it safe and destroy its usefulness as a unique tool for baraka.

It would be the variation's go to combo ender, except when you needed the extra damage to actually get the kill with chop chop, and it would provide a low option off of 1,2 that would be unsafe but net you good offensive reward, with decent risk/reward ratio.

Other than that, make blade charge a bit faster (IMO something like 12f startup) and you'd give him a decent mid-range mid tool to punish some stuff he can't really punish.

That would be enough to make a very competitive variation that would be pretty different from the others and would have nothing broken, IMO.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Fyi for people.
F44 kb into bf3 full combo punish if opponent breaks away, amp version also.
Blade charge safer option midscreen when opponent has full defensive bar