What's new

3rd Tournament Variation

E

Eldriken

Hook Grab will allow for one bar 40% combos in the corner super easy.

Gas Blast restands the opponent and is +5 and is +15 on amplify.

Surielx

Noob
And amp Gas Blast has some sick attributes, right? Like if it misses, the cloud stays there healing Kabal. I will lab it tomorrow.

Thujal

Noob
Really gutted he didn’t get slight gas.

Getting higher damage is nice (and is hook grab a decent anti air? Not tested this).

But did he really need a third variation with another restand?

And aren’t these two moves only two slots? Did they miss a third move? Or did Steph make a mistake and actually mean slight gas? Maybe there is still hope?!?

JeffX

Remove armor on fatal blows now
Can someone post the optimal for Kabal with hook grab mid screen? I remember it being difficult to connect a second 23 after amp hook grab.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Can someone post the optimal for Kabal with hook grab mid screen? I remember it being difficult to connect a second 23 after amp hook grab.
23, Amp Hook Grab, 23, Nomad Dash, ender of choice

The main thing I wanna know is can Kabal end long Hook Grab combos with Gas Blast mid screen? Gas Blast has a pretty tiny range normally.

Last edited:

DarkNoobz

Banned
This tournament variation really sucks. Kabal will be the king of mids, and suffer from the same problems Kano did at launch.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
+5 restand is potentially STRONK. Unlike +2 (iirc) from hook grab they can't poke out of grab or trade with F4. Get ready to guess grab/F4 stagger/F4 1+3 :)))

E

Eldriken

I'm willing to bet that it will receive some adjustments with the patch. If not, suh-weet.

How is Low Spinner? I've never used it
It's like nomad spin. Extra hits for low damage.

You can do some combos after the amplified launch, but the damage you get is poor and not worth it. It needs retooling to be effective.

Only good thing I can see is that there is a low attack on the third or fourth hit. Lows is what Kabal lacks.

E

Eldriken

It seems like it'll be rather useless whether on hit or block (lul who would use it on block anyway?) unless it receives some changes in the patch. As it stands, it's about as useful as Nomad Spin.