What's new

Strategy 39% smoke combo mid screen no meter

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I have one as well:

JIP 3,down 1, 2, 3,down 1,2, 3,2,smoke bomb, jump kick, teleport punc=39%

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You guys should start posting combos without the JP. Without, it does 36%, which is 1% shy of 3d12, b23 xx smoke bomb, 3d12, JK xx airthrow.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I'm not sure how it turned out this way, but it seems that almost no one is aware of my "backup bnb" that I came up with about 2 weeks before the hated OTG smokebomb patch; it's still currently the highest damage he gets midscreen. It's in the combo thread (somewhere) but I guess it's pretty far back. Anyway, here it is again:

jpunch > 3d12 > njp > b2,3 > smokebomb > 3d12 > jkick/airthrow 42% no meter. (39% without jpunch)

Does maybe 45% with an EX bomb, but I would advise against that unless they have no breaker and that 3% will win you the match. It's pretty simple. The timing of the b2,3 smokebomb is tricky but you get used to it. Even online I land the combo about 90% of the time.

Sigh... I remember when Smoke could do upwards of 50% midscreen :(

You guys should start posting combos without the JP. Without, it does 36%, which is 1% shy of 3d12, b23 xx smoke bomb, 3d12, JK xx airthrow.
it's just that jpunch is the most reliable way to land a 3d12, fishing for a launch from a grounded 3d12 almost never works unless it's thrown meaty.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I have a 39% percent combo with smoke midscreen no meter and no njp. If you add the njp it does 43%. You can add the EX smoke bomb after the air throw for a total of 53%.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I have a 39% percent combo with smoke midscreen no meter and no njp. If you add the njp it does 43%. You can add the EX smoke bomb after the air throw for a total of 53%.
43%? orly?

also, I find that OTG ex bomb for 10% never ever ever ever ever ever ever works. People hold block for dear life until they stand up.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The only way to get the OTG EX Smoke Bomb is to do the air throw very low to the ground. But like JHCRANE 14 said, it's a win/win because it prevents wakeup.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
The only way to get the OTG EX Smoke Bomb is to do the air throw very low to the ground. But like THTB said, it's a win/win because it prevents wakeup.
I should have been clearer: I didn't mean I was unable to do it, I meant that it was always blocked. Not worth the meter to me. I also feel like making good reads on people's wakeups is one of my strong points. I like it when they wake up attack because then I can get a full combo punish.

Though throwing every once in a while adds to unpredictability. Just like invis.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Very nice combo, but this is actually not his strongest meterless combo at midscreen. Also, Smoke tends to have trouble using his air throw after a jumpkick when you've already landed so many hits before a Smoke Ball. I think the wall helped you to connect the air throw.

I will be releasing a Combo Collection video focused around Smoke combos of all varieties, so when it's up you might get a look and see what else Smoke can do.

"Where there is Smoke, there is fire!"

Dan

KomboMaker
Very nice combo, but this is actually not his strongest meterless combo at midscreen. Also, Smoke tends to have trouble using his air throw after a jumpkick when you've already landed so many hits before a Smoke Ball. I think the wall helped you to connect the air throw.

I will be releasing a Combo Collection video focused around Smoke combos of all varieties, so when it's up you might get a look and see what else Smoke can do.

"Where there is Smoke, there is fire!"

Yeah! Thx for keeping the Smoke thread alive.

I have an alternative 42% from KT Smith's, which personally I think is a bunch easier. To each their own.

jip, 3 d1 2, dash, smoke bomb, 3 d1 2, 3 d1 2, jk xx air throw, whiff telepunch.

The dash isn't necessary at all, but it makes timing the smoke bomb much easier for me.

PeeJaeys

Sabi
Here's a video that I JUST made. NO JIP. and both can be added to. I just like to use these offline because I feel most comfortable with them. Super easy too. My bad if people have already posted this one in writing or video, I just don't feel like reading all the posts lol. I'm going to post it on my thread aswell. Just to for safe keeping.

I have an alternative 42% from KT Smith's, which personally I think is a bunch easier. To each their own.

jip, 3 d1 2, dash, smoke bomb, 3 d1 2, 3 d1 2, jk xx air throw, whiff telepunch.

The dash isn't necessary at all, but it makes timing the smoke bomb much easier for me.
Never though of a dash to smoke bomb, i like this variation :)