What's new

Video/Tutorial 33B2 Tech

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So...this is just something that I found to be rather useful in my rush down/pressure game with Selena that Catwoman players MAY find to be useful. It's somewhat similar to the 1F2 tech...so it's nothing ground breaking or unique.

I've been struggling with dashing in and maintaining pressure (mostly due to adjusting to Injustice and what not) so I started ending combos with 33B2. This still retains decent damage and it really knocks the opponent down hard, thus allowing Catwoman to dash in while they are still bouncing on the ground. Mix up options ensue...

Low, OverHead, Bait wake up, or throw.

Just something I thought I'd share that I found success with against a variety of opponents. ;)

LockM

Noob
Nice, it really does seem with catwoman you have to pass on slightly more damaging combos in favor of the oki afterwards. She needs those hard knockdowns. Midscreen ending with 1f2 and 22b2, near corners you can still do the whip ender.

Stuck

Mid Tier Whore. 1 combo and a dream.
I'll definitely be switching to this. I've been using the jump in 3, 112 bf2 for the extra damage and pretty good follow up. However, it has a very tight window for me, and I drop it quite often. Jump in 2, 3 cat stance 3 does good damage, and I'm consistent with it but I end up full screen. This looks like the best combination of ease, damage, and oki that I've seen so far.

My problem with this is that it is not a hard knock down and they can't easily tech roll afterwards to avoid pressure. If they tech roll and you dash up they are well beyond the range of an overhead or low mixup. You can't even Cat Dash MB or dash Cat Dash to catch the roll. With a hard knock down they can't roll but might be able to back dash out of some hard knockdown set ups, but you can still Cat Dash and try to catch the back dash. So this might be more useful in the corner, but even then you might be able to continue the combo, depending on which combo you do. Anyways, I'm glad new ideas are always being posted.

LockM

Noob
You're right, it's not a hard knockdown. Are rolls not punishable at all, or very difficult to punish? I've tried and it seems there is almost no reason to not roll on a techable knockdown.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
My problem with this is that it is not a hard knock down and they can't easily tech roll afterwards to avoid pressure. If they tech roll and you dash up they are well beyond the range of an overhead or low mixup. You can't even Cat Dash MB or dash Cat Dash to catch the roll. With a hard knock down they can't roll but might be able to back dash out of some hard knockdown set ups, but you can still Cat Dash and try to catch the back dash. So this might be more useful in the corner, but even then you might be able to continue the combo, depending on which combo you do. Anyways, I'm glad new ideas are always being posted.
You're right, it's not a hard knockdown. Are rolls not punishable at all, or very difficult to punish? I've tried and it seems there is almost no reason to not roll on a techable knockdown.
Yeah, unlike the 1F2, they can tech roll. If the opponent doesn't tech roll at all then you use it all day, everyday. If they tech roll EVERYTIME or quite often, I've gotten away with just dashing twice and boom you are right in their face, but this is a gamble on your end. I would say this is best used ~on your way to the corner~ but I won a round and a few matches by throwing this out (against very good opponents) and it clearly caught them off guard and they couldn't react fast enough.

Just something to throw out once in a while...the beauty is the 33B2 deals sufficient damage on it's own.

I don't think they are. I tired knocking them down in the corner and set them to roll and could not hit them with anything.