What's new

3 Weeks in, How do you feel about Krushing Blows?

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Now that we've had a couple weeks to play the game and begin adjusting to the new mechanics how do you guys feel about the Krushing Blow mechanic?

Before the game's release I was open to the idea of krushing blows changing up some parts of the game. A once per match mechanic that would allow some mind games, and increase combo potential. First evident with the universal D2 KB pop up that allowed for a combo, and then other KBs shown that would help with damage output. While this is kind of still the case for KBs, i'm rather disappointed by them now as I feel they missed their mark a bit.

I thought KBs would play into helping smooth out some characters edges such as an unsafe big body character like Kotal having more KBs that aren't too difficult to do so he has the brutish damage potential when he does get in. Instead we got inconsistent KBs requirements on characters, some limited by special moves currently not in tournament variations and some characters with much more KBs. I think KBs have missed their mark a bit. The mind games don't really feel there, and stronger characters like Geras can combo well, be generally safe, and pull off KBs fairly easily.

I love them. Adds depth and strategy to matches however ...

Right now they are ridiculously unbalanced. Why some characters have 3 kbs that simply need to comnect multiple times or act as a punish while others have ridiculous requirements (looking at you Johnny Cage) really makes other wise viable characters not worth it.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I'll sum this thread up ahead of time:

Some people's mains have good ones: I like them they add depth.

Some people's mains have okay ones, little tedious to line up: They could be better but eh

Some people main Johnny Cage: $$%%#$ #@$@!&^^ $! %^^$~ @#$%% $#%#REW#$T^#!

Like other people have said, they are fine, but some characters are unfairly shafted and then you have Geras who gets massive damage off of easy KBs

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Me right now.

I really like them, like a lot of people already said, it adds depth and if you can combine more than one in a combo then not only does it look freaking cool, it also does a ton of damage!

Vagrant

Noob
Cool idea. Spread them around better please. Also worried about how difficult it may be to add them to different moves during balance patches because they would require new animations wouldn't they?

Bliss

Noob
They're cool in this game because this game lacks damage.

Yeah, I know, (some) characters can do 40% without meter in the corner.

That isn't 60-70% like I'm used to. :DOGE

Now that we've had a couple weeks to play the game and begin adjusting to the new mechanics how do you guys feel about the Krushing Blow mechanic?

Before the game's release I was open to the idea of krushing blows changing up some parts of the game. A once per match mechanic that would allow some mind games, and increase combo potential. First evident with the universal D2 KB pop up that allowed for a combo, and then other KBs shown that would help with damage output. While this is kind of still the case for KBs, i'm rather disappointed by them now as I feel they missed their mark a bit.

I thought KBs would play into helping smooth out some characters edges such as an unsafe big body character like Kotal having more KBs that aren't too difficult to do so he has the brutish damage potential when he does get in. Instead we got inconsistent KBs requirements on characters, some limited by special moves currently not in tournament variations and some characters with much more KBs. I think KBs have missed their mark a bit. The mind games don't really feel there, and stronger characters like Geras can combo well, be generally safe, and pull off KBs fairly easily.
I feel like JC needs actual KBs

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
They seem all over the damn place. The characters who have reasonable prerequisites are great. I like the added depth. But some have outlandish requirements and some are locked to one variation and inaccessible to the other. Ripper has.... 1(?) more than Dirtbag. They really need to straighten it out.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Some requirements are ridiculous and lazy. I agree that they dropped the ball on this one.....for now. Clearly things were rushed but i would like to see all characters get easy KBs and damage like Geras or at least close to it.

Skarlet's KBs are horrible. That bitch gets NO damage off her B2 KB. Just make them consistent across the board its not that hard.

I'll sum this thread up ahead of time:

Some people's mains have good ones: I like them they add depth.

Some people's mains have okay ones, little tedious to line up: They could be better but eh

Fucking dead

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Like the variations, the Krushing Blow requirements seem arbitrary and unfinished. I'm not a Cage player, but I know his requirements are horseshit.

As a Shao Kahn player, I resign myself to the fact that aside from the universal D2 KB, my only really shot at hitting another is the reversal front throw. Trying to get the Shadow Priest out during a match for the Annihilation KB is not a great idea.

I feel like NRS threw a dart at a board to determine the requirements for some of these. I'm surprised the Cage player doesn't need to be wearing aviators with a full erection while Bloodsport plays in the background to get his to trigger.