What's new

22b1 follow up inconsistency

I had no idea whether or not to make a new thread for this but screw it.
Black Adams 22b1s follow up has some pretty big inconsistencies against some of the cast , the only string that could combo off of 22b1 is f12 (without using trait) so a bnb would go like this : 22b1 , f12 black magic , dash b23 2. But landing that f12 is extremely difficult against some of the cast (and if you land it then the black magic won't launch them high enough for a dash and a b2) , I thought it was just my execution when I almost never landed it against robin but when I tested it on other characters ( even on catwoman) I had no issues whatsoever but this also happens against some other characters aswell. these inconsistency issues happen on these characters :

Robin -

Dr fate -

Blue beetle -

Captain cold-

Firestorm-

There could be more. only tested this on my own so I could be wrong here . I thought I'd put this out so black adams know whether or not to change their timing on specific characters

Last edited:

Shaka

Tier Whore.
That's how it works, without trait is a bit tight to combo why you need to use trait of 22b1.

It's still doable just very tight.
Without trait I go for f12, f12 throw.

That's how it works, without trait is a bit tight to combo why you need to use trait of 22b1.

It's still doable just very tight.
Without trait I go for f12, f12 throw.
I'm not talking about the version with trait , the one without , which is very different with these 5 chars for some reason compared to the cast.
The whole point of this is to show that the timing differs depending on the character (these 5 in particular) if you do it on any other character than the ones I mentioned you'll notice a big difference (even on catwoman for example ) It's much easier on them than these 5
Note that if you use 22b1 trait, put a divekick in there before f12.
Optimal with trait is 22b1 4 j3 df3 f12 1+3 , I'm not talking about the version with trait though

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
I'm not talking about the version with trait , the one without , which is very different with these 5 chars for some reason compared to the cast.

Optimal with trait is 22b1 j3 df3 f12 1+3 , I'm not talking about the version with trait though
Word you can fit that j3 in without trait? That's nice.

Edit: I actually read that really wrong. Word tho.

Don't mind me i'll see myself out.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
@Shaka you seem to be missing the point. He understands that it's likely to whiff if not timed right, he's talking about how doing the F12 followup on the 5 mentioned characters is a lot more inconsistent. No need for the inappropriate ad hominem.

@Shaka you seem to be missing the point. He understands that it's likely to whiff if not timed right, he's talking about how doing the F12 followup on the 5 mentioned characters is a lot more inconsistent. No need for the inappropriate ad hominem.
Thanks For explaining it to him , it's funny how he resorted to insulting and then eventually not replying though

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Depending on how black magic works after the patch, it might be easier to do f12xx4 112xxdb1 df3 f12 1+3 on the characters you listed. 113 also works, but is much harder. Note that on some characters you need to step a smidge forward after the trait cancel for the s1 to combo, otherwise it whiffs.

Could also be something we just have to get down, like b23 conversions in the first game.

Error

DF2+R2
Have you tried doing a slight walk forward after 22b1 into f12? I usually just do 22b1 f12 f121+3 when I have no trait though as it works on everyone usually.

Have you tried doing a slight walk forward after 22b1 into f12? I usually just do 22b1 f12 f121+3 when I have no trait though as it works on everyone usually.
Yeah that's what I usually do , it's just that on those characters it feels extremely inconsistent compared to the rest of the cast and also if you do hit it then they're so low that you won't be able to black magic , dash and do the b23 (which is what I prefer doing)