What's new

21B2 as anti wakeup

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Try this:

- Combo opponent in corner, end combo with 21B2 so that they splat
- Back dash a little
- Mash the shit outta 21B2, the 2 will miss, but the 1 and B2 will connect against characters that lack ranged wakeups, like Cages nutpunch & Flipkick, Jaxs grab, Noobs upshadow.

I've found it will beat out these wakeups so far, not gonna check everybodies though.

Cage: NP and Flip Kick
Jax: Gotcha grab
Kitana: Pretty kick, Cutters, Square wave and square boost.
Cyrax: Buzzsaw & AA grabs
KL: Spin

The best thing about this is, when you know how to space it so the opponent has to block it on wakeup, you're still at neutral and perfect shoulder range, you also get a free RK attempt, which will ultimately lead to a 50/50 attempt which both launch once they respect the RK.

If they dont block then they'll lose 36-40% depending on what combo you choose.

The way it works is by whiffing the 2, which will be active during their wake up attack, this means that by the time the 1 comes out, they've recovered from their wakeup invincibility so your attacks will work, then the B2 just launches.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I think i know what you're on about.
Its rough stuff against characters like Kitana and Cage, neither of them can do any wakeups in the corner unless its their most unpunishable option, either Shadow kick or Fan lift, and I think the 21B2 may have potential to beat out the regular fan lift.

Zwooosh

Worst Lao Ever.
Its rough stuff against characters like Kitana and Cage, neither of them can do any wakeups in the corner unless its their most unpunishable option, either Shadow kick or Fan lift, and I think the 21B2 may have potential to beat out the regular fan lift.
Just keep breaking things.

nice stuff, but wouldnt you want to get away from cage if you had the chance to? or do you feel he actually has the edge over cage upclose if kenshi has him cornered?

Vagrant

Noob
Good stuff foxy. I actually use 2 1 b2 quite a bit in the corner with kenshi. I'm glad someone made a thread about the anti wakeup factor it has.