What's new

2019 UMK3 Tier List Discussion

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
I made a long discussion video about UMK3's tiers. In the video I examine some past tier lists and see if they accurately reflect today's meta game. Then I attempt to create a fully ranked tier list and share some of my thoughts on each character and how they compare to the characters around them. This is a good video for anyone looking to learn more about competitive UMK3 today, but I have posted all the time stamps for each topic as well. Also all of the links to the references I use are in the description too.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So it changed now for 2019 or this just really an opinion vid? Kabal, Smoke etc are still top dogs right?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm not saying this is the definitive tier list, more of a public opinion / personal take. Kabal and Smoke aren't going anywhere, mainly you see change everywhere after them.
Oh I see, all good. Was just curious if something changed. I hope they re-release UMK3 again for the Xbox One or Switch or something like that again. I miss the classics.

nwo

Noob
I'm not here to have a tier list discussion over the internet, because it couldn't possibly change my mind.

But, here's my 2 cents...

ded

Elder God
I'm not here to have a tier list discussion over the internet, because it couldn't possibly change my mind.

But, here's my 2 cents...

I am so glad you realize how different lao and reptile are offline and online.

Reactions: nwo

nwo

Noob
You may lose access to more optimal situations, but in lag he is unreactable and can pretty much do whatever he wants. Anything over 70ms and Lao is god
So there's a whole bunch of god Kung Lao's online? LOL, come on man.

You could not be more wrong, there's a reason why so many people think he's bad. This game is played online like 90% of the time.

Reactions: ded

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
You may lose access to more optimal situations, but in lag he is unreactable and can pretty much do whatever he wants. Anything over 70ms and Lao is god

You could not be more wrong, there's a reason why so many people think he's bad. This game is played online like 90% of the time.
If you're opponent's connection is slow then THEIR teleport has no gap before the PS, HP, HP, LP, LK, HK, B+HK

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Considering the character is based around jumping divekick mixups and general movement, I would think that it is fair to say those strengths become much more difficult to deal with in egregious lag where you cannot react accordingly. I don't really see how you won't accept that much, but we can agree to disagree

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Considering the character is based around jumping divekick mixups and general movement, I would think that it is fair to say those strengths become much more difficult to deal with in egregious lag where you cannot react accordingly. I don't really see how you won't accept that much, but we can agree to disagree
This is why I have been saying for over a decade that a vast majority of lag is one-sided and screws the other person despite all the people trying to rationalize "oh lag is mutual, it's affecting both of us"...

Chances are @nwo just usually ends up getting the shit end of the stick

Reactions: nwo

nwo

Noob
This is why I have been saying for over a decade that a vast majority of lag is one-sided and screws the other person despite all the people trying to rationalize "oh lag is mutual, it's affecting both of us"...

Chances are @nwo just usually ends up getting the shit end of the stick
Yeah, I didn't want to turn this into an "online sucks" and "its more unfair to me" thread. That's why I made two tier lists (offline and online) and it looks like everyone agrees that the tier list changes, at least.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Yeah, I didn't want to turn this into an "online sucks" and "its more unfair to me" thread. That's why I made two tier lists (offline and online) and it looks like everyone agrees that the tier list changes, at least.
That's why I asked you to voice your opinions on what aspects of the characters moved in placement specifically affect them being better or worse online, for example i mentioned Lao's teleport, another good example is not being able to block after Nightwolf's Axe-ender and the next rushdown HK-starter, Ermac losing juggle freedom, height of IA-projectiles, etc