What's new

Discussion 2018 MKXL TIER LIST

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I don't agree with everything (obviously, there are like over 100 variations), but I'd say this is one of the best tier lists I've seen.

I still think Sektor is a bit overrated though and I'd put Jason up there instead. Also Impostor is way better than Bone Shaper at the moment.

Last edited:

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
I don't agree with everything (obviously, there are like over 100 variations), but I'd say this is one of the best tier lists I've seen.

I still think Sektor is a bit overrated though and I'd put Jason up there instead. Also Impostor is way better than Bone Shaper at the moment.
Cheers bud, honestly was unsure about Shinnok, i couldn't really remember which one is considered the best at this point, Jason is actually mad OD

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Making a tier list in that format isn't right for this game. Since there are 100 Variations for the characters, it's not good to pick just one Variation and say that there are no Variations just so you can make a tier list in the same way for other games, especially that there are some chars that have 2 or even 3 Variations that are equally as good. In the case of Reptile both Noxious and Nimble are on the same level and they are both excellent, each in their own way, and Deceptive is also very good. Even in that format, Reptile is way higher and way more well rounded, that's one of the things that make Reptile great, that's he is a very versatile jack of all trades. As for comebacks, he can destroy the opponents' comeback potential in Noxious, while he has a huge comeback potential of his own in Nimble. And as for normals, he's got the fastest overhead in the game in B2, a super sneaky low (no pun intended) in B3, and his F21 is also a good mid that can be used well in the right range.

I get that this is your first attempt at a tier list though, so just so you know all these points going forward.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Making a tier list in that format isn't right for this game. Since there are 100 Variations for the characters, it's not good to pick just one Variation and say that there are no Variations just so you can make a tier list in the same way for other games, especially that there are some chars that have 2 or even 3 Variations that are equally as good. In the case of Reptile both Noxious and Nimble are on the same level and they are both excellent, each in their own way, and Deceptive is also very good. Even in that format, Reptile is way higher and way more well rounded, that's one of the things that make Reptile great, that's he is a very versatile jack of all trades. As for comebacks, he can destroy the opponents' comeback potential in Noxious, while he has a huge comeback potential of his own in Nimble. And as for normals, he's got the fastest overhead in the game in B2, a super sneaky low (no pun intended) in B3, and his F21 is also a good mid that can be used well in the right range.

I get that this is your first attempt at a tier list though, so just so you know all these points going forward.
yeah just be gentle with Waz, he's not a god at fighting games like you Roy

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator

This is more so about the general meta and direction the game has headed in, if every variation was used consistently it'd be necessary to include a bunch, this was moreso a "these variations are used the most, lets figure out why" kind of video

I'm definitely not making 100 variation tier list when 50 + of the variations arent used, but I agree Reptile is very good in all variations, i just picked the one I see more often :)

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
This is more so about the general meta and direction the game has headed in, if every variation was used consistently it'd be necessary to include a bunch, this was moreso a "these variations are used the most, lets figure out why" kind of video

I'm definitely not making 100 variation tier list when 50 + of the variations arent used, but I agree Reptile is very good in all variations, i just picked the one I see more often :)
Fair enough. Also, like I said, I understand that this is your first attempt at making a tier list, it was just me pointing some things out. Hope I made myself cleared :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Have to agree with this.

At this point, they really just don't matter for this exact same reason, its all way more subjective than tier lists already are.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I guess it‘s because of matchup unfamiliarity but man you really need to put ruthless way higher, he‘s nowhere near bottom 5. also hqt needs to be higher imo.
Otherwise it‘s looking good, the top 5 is pretty spot on.

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
I guess it‘s because of matchup unfamiliarity but man you really need to put ruthless way higher, he‘s nowhere near bottom 5. also hqt needs to be higher imo.
Otherwise it‘s looking good, the top 5 is pretty spot on.
Yeah I've never really had a chance to play many FT for a long time, also I dont think hes bottom 5

This tier list is basically a top 20, moreso for discussion than anything

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
Have to agree with this.

At this point, they really just don't matter for this exact same reason, its all way more subjective than tier lists already are.
Yeah to be honest a big reason I didnt do every variation is because
1. It takes mad time
2. Its not as exciting to watch considering itd take atleast 5x as long probably

Appreciate the feedback tho and thanks for not being toxic about it haha

Just want more discussion for the game at this point

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Yeah I've never really had a chance to play many FT for a long time, also I dont think hes bottom 5

This tier list is basically a top 20, moreso for discussion than anything
That‘s fair. I don‘t think he‘s better than the top 10 you listed but he should be somewhere in the top 15, at this Point his only weakness is playing with basically 3/4 of his health (which is kinda huge) and having problems against characters who can Control the neutral with long reaching attacks like shinnok or takeda due to his slow run and walk speed.

I‘d really want to see hqt but it‘s so hard to argue against anyone in the current top 10, they‘re all Great characters. Grandmaster is the only character I Could see a little Bit lower but idk.

Dude, I think even going with your 1-variation system, Dvorah should be swapped with Cassie. Kitana, Takeda and Quan Chi should be up there with Shinnok and Jacqui. I also believe Raiden and Predator can be higher but I don’t really play them so not sure.

I am open for further discussion but I think the game has 15-20 chars sitting at A tier and above, then a big gap to B tier, then big gap to C tier (like Bo rai cho or Erron Black has no chance to compete).