What's new

Video/Tutorial 2 Quick Tricks vs Martian Manhunter

Jermball

Noob
Punishing Martian Manhunter's wake-up game.
Psionic push is -2 on block, causes knockback on hit, and one of martian's better wake-ups if not one of his best wakeups...however, vs harley it is not invincible. If you time your tantrum stance correctly, you can actually avoid psionic push altogether and tantrum stance him for free! It requires some decent practice but, technically if you lay in tantrum stance and he does psionic push, because of how low harley lays, the push goes over her. MMH isn't the only person harley can do this do, i found she can do this to wonder woman's lasso spin and amazon uppercut.

Updated! 11/29/13
Punishing Martian Manhunter's Overhead Teleport
Originally I had assumed that B3 cancelled into a B22 was legit and that you can hit martian manhunter grounded, this was not the case deg222 corrected me so credit goes to him for the correct way to punish. blocking cross-up and immediately attacking will hit martian out of the air, you can't punish him when he touches the ground.

Enjoy! I hope this helps someone out there.

Last edited:

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
B3(MB),J3,J2,12xxPD(MB)=47%
B22xxTS1,B3,J2,J2,12xxPD(MB)=47/48%
I think it's much more practical not to cancel B3. (2 bars anyway)

And can you check if her D3 goes below his wake-up? because she has extremely low hitbox during the active frames.

Jermball

Noob
B3(MB),J3,J2,12xxPD(MB)=47%
B22xxTS1,B3,J2,J2,12xxPD(MB)=47/48%
I think it's much more practical not to cancel B3. (2 bars anyway)

And can you check if her D3 goes below his wake-up? because she has extremely low hitbox during the active frames.
Not true. MB B3 does not gain the 50% dmg buff if you get hit during MB, so the 47-48% for 2 bars, actually is only 41%
the second combo i just do B22xxTS1, b3, j3, f1, PD (MB) instead. its 46% which i think is more than that combo (because i'm pretty sure the combo you listed is 38% also with no jump-in)

also, D3 does not go below his wake-up....tried it and didn't work

CommonNick

Not true. MB B3 does not gain the 50% dmg buff if you get hit during MB, so the 47-48% for 2 bars, actually is only 41%
the second combo i just do B22xxTS1, b3, j3, f1, PD (MB) instead. its 46% which i think is more than that combo (because i'm pretty sure the combo you listed is 38% also with no jump-in)

also, D3 does not go below his wake-up....tried it and didn't work
:( It works on Joker's wake-up, oh well, we still have our godly tantrum stance (godly=batman's D1 can't hit us in that stance lol)

I didn't know that it cancels the dmg buff if you get hit, are you sure about it?

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
If you block overhead teleport as a crossup you should be doing 11 xx db1, jij2, 12 xx pd

Btw, are you sure you can punish him while he's grounded? I thought he was considered airborne the entire time when recovering. Make sure the recording is crouch blocking long enough.

CommonNick

If you block overhead teleport as a crossup you should be doing 11 xx db1, jij2, 12 xx pd

Btw, are you sure you can punish him while he's grounded? I thought he was considered airborne the entire time when recovering. Make sure the recording is crouch blocking long enough.
He's grounded, so I think 12xxTS1...bnb should be much better.

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
He's grounded, so I think 12xxTS1...bnb should be much better.
That's my point, he's never grounded while recovering from overhead teleport. So when you punish, you're hitting him out of the air which is why 12 xx TS1 won't work.

CommonNick

That's my point, he's never grounded while recovering from overhead teleport. So when you punish, you're hitting him out of the air which is why 12 xx TS1 won't work.
Damn, it only means that every MMH I've ever faced before is a button masher -_-
So, 11xxDB1,Ji2,12xxPD=25.99%~26%+8%(MB)=34% Not bad at all for a punish!

Jermball

Noob
Thanks for your input deg. This was a quick video. When I get home later...ill def check everything you said and let you know sir. Happy thanksgiving to my fellow harley players

Jermball

Noob
:( It works on Joker's wake-up, oh well, we still have our godly tantrum stance (godly=batman's D1 can't hit us in that stance lol)

I didn't know that it cancels the dmg buff if you get hit, are you sure about it?
200% sure my good sir, test it yourself. it's roughly 16% with the dmg bonus (i think 16% could be like 15.50%) and if you get hit during the MB, you drop back down to 11% B3

Jermball

Noob

Upon further testing, Deg you are correct. B22 doesn't come out fast enough when they touch the ground, same with 11. i'll have to fix the first video.

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!
I resently found out that if you silly slide at the right time, you completely avoid the over head teleport. Yet,the low teleport will hit if you silly slide.