What's new

2 on 2

dreemernj

Ambassador
It is really fun. I've played 2 on 2 in MAME with Shock and 2 other guys. It was very entertaining. It wasn't online, since I don't think there's anyway to do that (yet). It was a computer with 3 controllers and the keyboard hooked up.

RoGE

Noob
dreemernj said:
It is really fun. I've played 2 on 2 in MAME with Shock and 2 other guys. It was very entertaining. It wasn't online, since I don't think there's anyway to do that (yet). It was a computer with 3 controllers and the keyboard hooked up.
So, you did the same control set up trick? I did the same thing, me and my friend were playing MVSC Co-op. :)

Bad thing is, the other person can press your buttons.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Yeah, the way we did it, your teammate could hit your buttons. But that wasn't really an issue since everybody was cool about it.

MvsC you can play 4 player via MAME without any special setup thanks to the people that added the code for 2v2. I wish they would do that for MK as well.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
CorrezZio said:
A shame that Digital Eclipse didn't emulate that bit online, it would've been awesome.

Agreed.

There are actually interviews with Boon and company for future Mk's such as perhaps MK8 for example to have some kind of endurance online mode with more players or tag team mode...

8)

I won't be surprised if they do something like this in the future since a lot of fans believe it or not have brought this idea to Midway's attention, and Boon/Midway are always adding new mini games online, KAK features etc

So who knows? I definitely see this. In one of the post MKA interviews taken 4 months+ ago or so Boon was asked about MK8, he said he couldn't reveal anything obviously like Capcom is keeping lid on SF 4 but he did hint at a DOA 4 lobby mode or something of tag team mode that he'd like to approach. :D

Can't remember which interview or which site had it but he said they'd show interest in new online modes, patches etc.

This mode would be hot for UMK3 though for sure.

I remember back in the glory days, for a limited time ,my friends and I and a whole bunch of other good players would actually spend the whole dollar on a UMK3 cabinet that cost 50 cents per play just to do 2 on 2 matches. It was a blast!
Four players would put in fifty cents, pick their character, and the loser quickly gets off the machine as the next player jumps in! It went on for hours until some douche ended the rotation and just did a single match and of course noobed as ass off with U. Sub., but after he got owned, we tried to get back into the habit, but our joy got killed.
Eventhough it can be done with the Premium pack or XBL (can it be done with XBL?), it just isn't the same without different challengers in a local arcade. To those who have UMK3 cabs, you are lucky because if I had seen one, I'd love to have that feeling again.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, as I said before I'd LOVE for this idea to happen down the line in oldschool MK games revamped like UMK3 360 for example or with MK8+

One guy I'd love to pair up with is Ninja Grinder and myself or konqrr, I think we would make a good team. I've seen his vids. 8)