What's new

16bit and Gameinformer Breakdown Cetrion's Moveset

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!

shades of sinestro lol
And Enchantress as well, but with actual zoning.

She's an Injustice mashup, and that's okay. I am gonna be all the way on my bullshit with Noob and this woman.

SquidlyB

Noob
Not big on zoning characters, but she seems to have some solid defensive options (mix up projectiles, aquaman trait, ring of fire). Her f234 mix initially looks good, but I expect the string to get predictable and baitable. Patience will be a virtue when matched against her, but at the end of the day I prefer combo damage over gradual projectile damage. Just me tho.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Three things that were very much clear:
Reporter doesn’t know anything so he responds “Ok” to everything.
Injustice jokes.
Didn’t like one bit of her. First thing I don’t like about MK11.
Either than that, fighter pack 3 for Injustice looks dope

D

Deleted member 35141

Injustice jokes.
Feel the same of all the characters, story and stages shown she is the only thing im not liking

SquidlyB

Noob
Injustice jokes.
I don't mind her aesthetic, but her gameplay is pretty corny.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I liked how the Black Adam reference was totally ignored by Steve. Cracked me up.
yeah one of the take aways form this vid is... "hosts should shut the fuck up and just let 16Bit do his thing!!"

Lisbeth

Kitana stole my sai
I love how the GameInformer guy was like: sooo, can you do something cool with her? maybe a combo?

She seems to be those anti-fun character, both to play as and specially against.

LDA_DIgi

A changed man...or shokan master lol.
She looks fun. I'll probably play her the wrong kinda way.

Rush that shit down!

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Idk man, she really does look out of place. Watching her murder and mutilate people feels forced, like her appearance doesn't match what she's doing on screen at all. I know that's the case for most characters, like how in MK9 Johnny didn't even want to kill Baraka, but in his fatalities he's having the time of his life. But it just looks especially out of place when this weird, nature angel lady is ripping people apart.

First new character I'm not feeling. At all

MR.EVL

I am you
Just MEH!
too many recycled elements in her gameplay (showcased so far) imo. but I am happy for those who are happy!
#saltfree

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Lol if anyone thinks I'm EVER playing against that crap, they have another thing coming.

Spamming anti combo aquaman ring from fullscreen and then constantly spamming projectiles so you can't even punish it with teleport combos.

No thank you, I'm literally quitting to main menu from the char select screen. Enjoy your bullshit char lol.
OMG WE SHOULD ALL PANIC AND BE OVERLY DRAMATIC BEFORE THE GAME IS OUT!!!!1!1!!111!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
https://www.gameinformer.com/exclusive-video/2019/04/05/exclusive-breakdown-of-cetrions-moves-in-mortal-kombat-11

Looks like Skarlet has a rival in the strict-zoner department.

Really interesting moveset so far.
Skarlet isn't looking like just a zoning character at all, in fact she looks more and more like a Jack of all trades master of none so far, which is where archtype goes often, ppl are just too focused on zoning, but her zoning isn't definitely the best in the game, specially when the rest of the cast comes which can outzone other characters with much faster tools.

Parasurama

Dragon
Idk man, she really does look out of place. Watching her murder and mutilate people feels forced, like her appearance doesn't match what she's doing on screen at all. I know that's the case for most characters, like how in MK9 Johnny didn't even want to kill Baraka, but in his fatalities he's having the time of his life. But it just looks especially out of place when this weird, nature angel lady is ripping people apart.

First new character I'm not feeling. At all
I think it is ok. One of the things I liked from the trailer was 'This is mercy!'.
She is not for me though and dislike the idea of fighting against her based on the GI video.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lol WTF, wait so because she's not combo heavy means she's not a fun character? To quote Spock "That is simply not logical"

Hmmm not sure why people are going on about Black Adam, I saw no lightning. I think some folks are getting Cetrion confused with another God, his name is Raiden lol.

Anyway, great breakdown. Watched it yesterday afternoon but had to go out, came back slept and now woke up lol. So maining Cetrion for sure, her zoning is easily going to be among the best in the game. I just wish they showed us her wind keep away move because her tornado toss is meh. I wish it could stun for a combo but whatever. That vapor move I got excited about just reading about, works exactly how I imagined. If you're a zoner and/or player who likes to play from a far she's the character for you no doubt about it.

Last edited:

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Lol if anyone thinks I'm EVER playing against that crap, they have another thing coming.

Spamming anti combo aquaman ring from fullscreen and then constantly spamming projectiles so you can't even punish it with teleport combos.

No thank you, I'm literally quitting to main menu from the char select screen. Enjoy your bullshit char lol.
okay.