What's new

12 string

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'm pretty sure 1,2~UpKnee wiffs on block. It only connects if 1,2 hits. Your still completely safe after each option.
You were clearly talking about a whiffed upknee, and it isn't safe, because it whiffs. If it can be done online it sure as hell can be done offline.

Am I reading the frame data wrong? the cancel advantage on a blocked 12 is +26. upknee has a 39 frame duration, so that's 13 frames you can be whiff punished, yeah?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
anyway, @OP

i like to establish either a D3~Shadow(any of the 3 work to be honest, make them respect the tackle to set up pressure, or the upknee if you want to set up a defensive game, use slide occasionally for the mixup) or if they're poke happy, i'll wait and hit them with a D4 into a 212 string or D4 and then just walk back. jumpers give you time to NJP fairly easily or back up and AA, whatever works more consistently. at the same time, you can check them immediately with a tackle, and once you make them respect any of these options, you can just walk back after it hits to start zoning again, or you can hit them with just about any poke or string if you feel ballsy, beware of armor.

this is just what i do though, it works fairly decently.

You were clearly talking about a whiffed upknee, and it isn't safe, because it whiffs. If it can be done online it sure as hell can be done offline.

Am I reading the frame data wrong? the cancel advantage on a blocked 12 is +26. upknee has a 39 frame duration, so that's 13 frames you can be whiff punished, yeah?
I'm a man, and I can always admit when I'm wrong. In this case I wasn't wrong. I was telling Lemon1991 that UpKnee whiffs after 1,2 on block correcting his error.

You can pull w/e frame data you want out of your ass dude. Like I said before, UpKnee is 200% safe on block.

You were wrong now your trying to cover your ass, but anyone can clearly read the entire 1st page and see I wasnt talking about a whiffed UpKnee. You crack me up kid lol.

D

Deleted member 9158

I'm pretty sure 1,2~UpKnee wiffs on block. It only connects if 1,2 hits. Your still completely safe after each option.
I find it's hit or miss. sometimes it connects, other times it doesn't. Works well in the corner though

D

Deleted member 9158

Could be a hitbox thing. B1,2,1,4~UpKnee connects on Mileena if she blocks high, but the UpKnee will whiff against Cage if he blocks high.
Curse this game and it's hitboxes. I noticed that 12 upknee will whiff against some characters and not against others. So you could be onto something here

I didn't want to read through this whole thread,

but outside of "pressure" lol.

I use it to catch people who like to jump after I hit them with D3.

you know those guys that when they get poked, for whatever reason their brains tell them to cross you up?

1, 1,2 1,2 teleport combo coming up if you try to jump after my D3 on hit.

EDIT:
if they don't jump?

well then you're just hitting their block with 1,2. Thus you cover the jump option after d3, as well as just stand there and block option.