What's new

12 string

Matix218

Get over here!
What is the best follow up on a landed 12 string? I believe this string is advantage on hit and I am just curious as to how you guys are using this string. I know people are using ex upknee for spacing when 12 is blocked but I am curious as to the best options on hit.

Thanks!

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
id kinda watch the players style before id make a decision if they r jump happy u can 12 , neutral jump punch or 12 upknee for distance .. 1 upknee links , ehm u could 12 portal to set up an anti air 12 into throw , also 12 into either clone or slide for ''a mixup'' i like 12 d3 b1214 stuff like dat

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
on hit: 12, d1 xx shadow tackle/shadow slide or 12, grab

on block : 12 xx upknee, upknee or 12, dash backwards xx special move of your choice

Flagg

Noob
I was playing around with Noob last night, his 12 is pretty good in the corner, I found this little combo, jip, F34, up shadow, 12 upshadow (repeat this twice more), D1 up shadow.... did over 40%

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
I was playing around with Noob last night, his 12 is pretty good in the corner, I found this little combo, jip, F34, up shadow, 12 upshadow (repeat this twice more), D1 up shadow.... did over 40%
You get do 12 xx upknee a few times and end it with d4 portal to put pressure on the wake up game of your opponent. Expect them to jump away though! (obviously corner only lol)

fr stack

the best starter in the corner is 212 ex or otherwise u can get up to 42 % meterless with no jump in

a_guardian_devil

"We share blood, we are not brothers!"
1 2 on hit followed by d1 upknee is unavoidable.

on block i do dfb2 and catch then with njp since most peopl jump on me when they see a portal, if they decide to combo me they usually falls into the portal, if they jump back shadow tackle will knock them.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
1 2 on hit followed by d1 upknee is unavoidable.
Can't they counter poke you after the blocked d1?

First thing is I'd do what fr stack said and study how they like to react after the string. What I like to do after a 1,2 connects is -- throw, another 12, f33, b1, d3 into more pressure or cancel into tackle/slide for the 50/50. If they like to jump after the 1,2 connects, you can go for a njp into xxxx, jip/jik into xxxx, d1 into xxxx, a standing 1 into xxxx or straight up teleslam their happy jumpin ass. There's also the tried and true 1,2 (on hit)~upknee for the +4 advantage.

After a blocked 1,2 I like do pretty much everything I said above except for cancel into upknee because the upknee will whiff entirely. Getting them to respect the shadow tackle will make pressuring easier, but I'm sure you know certain characters can punish you hard off a blocked 1,2~tackle/slide.

fr stack

Can't they counter poke you after the blocked d1?

First thing is I'd do what fr stack said and study how they like to react after the string. What I like to do after a 1,2 connects is -- throw, another 12, f33, b1, d3 into more pressure or cancel into tackle/slide for the 50/50. If they like to jump after the 1,2 connects, you can go for a njp into xxxx, jip/jik into xxxx, d1 into xxxx, a standing 1 into xxxx or straight up teleslam their happy jumpin ass. There's also the tried and true 1,2 (on hit)~upknee for the +4 advantage.

After a blocked 1,2 I like do pretty much everything I said above except for cancel into upknee because the upknee will whiff entirely. Getting them to respect the shadow tackle will make pressuring easier, but I'm sure you know certain characters can punish you hard off a blocked 1,2~tackle/slide.
i also like just abusing pokes say 4 d3's in a row followed by a d4 portal or wotever anythin to get dem into the corner , sometimes ill just keep walking backwards until im in the corner then i start my match

Matix218
After 1,2 on hit:
- D1 check is unavoidable; Can't be jumped out of.​
- Throw after d1 check is established.​
- Attempt a blockstring.​
Be aware that d1 is -13, so your opponent can bait and counter-poke. If your opponent is good at counter-poking use D1~Tackle to discourage them from counter-poking.

D

Deleted member 9158

On block upknee is your safest bet. Pushes them back from you as well, which is always nice.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Matix218
Be aware that d1 is -13, so your opponent can bait and counter-poke. If your opponent is good at counter-poking use D1~Tackle to discourage them from counter-poking.
Do not do D1~tackle unless you make a read that will block low, try to jump, or attack you with their normals. D1 only has 3 cancel advantage on block, so D1 to shadow tackle at 11 frames has an 8 frame gap to poke or armor through.
D1~tackle in no way discourages counter-poking, instead it actually promotes the opponent trying to poke because they can't punish the D1 with a fast mid if you link to tackle.

Do not do D1~tackle unless you make a read that will block low, try to jump, or attack you with their normals. D1 only has 3 cancel advantage on block, so D1 to shadow tackle at 11 frames has an 8 frame gap to poke or armor through.
D1~tackle in no way discourages counter-poking, instead it actually promotes the opponent trying to poke because they can't punish the D1 with a fast mid if you link to tackle.
Yes it will. Characters like Cage won't be poking back with low pokes they will use fast mids. We are talking high level, not the basic block a poke-poke back.

You guys kill me with this string gap nonsense lol. Anything with gaps can be used as bait in itself.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Yeah RYX is right. After you do a 1,2~upknee on block and the upknee whiffs, some characters can punish your whiffed upknee. Reptile, Raiden, Cage' F3 I believe, and others I'm sure.

Reactions: RYX
Because you're not + frames when Upknee whiffs, lol

Elbow Dash, Superman, Dash Punch, Shadow Kick.
Nice catch, but you know damn well I wasn't talking about a whiffed UpKnee lol. I was talking about 1,2 on hit and UpKnee on block. They are both +frames, and CAN'T be punished.

Also, you dont need a fast special to punish a whiffed UpKnee. Scorpion can punish it with Spear, B2, and F4. None of those moves are particularly fast.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Nice catch, but you know damn well I wasn't talking about a whiffed UpKnee lol. I was talking about 1,2 on hit and UpKnee on block. They are both +frames, and CAN'T be punished.

Also, you dont need a fast special to punish a whiffed UpKnee. Scorpion can punish it with Spear, B2, and F4. None of those moves are particularly fast.
um

12 Upknee isn't safe on block, because Upknee will whiff 100% of the time, lol. 12 on hit into a blocked Upknee is + though.

RYX
I'm pretty sure 1,2~UpKnee wiffs on block. It only connects if 1,2 hits. Your still completely safe after each option.
I guess it's true, nobody ever reads the manual lol.

Obviously you didn't read any of the previous post, so I'll get you up to speed. The OP is asking for follow-up options after 1,2 on hit. UpKnee canceled from 1,2 on hit will always make contact with the opponent. Lemon1991 said after 1,2 on block cancelling into UpKnee is your safest option, but it's the complete opposite. I responed with the quote above.

UpKnee is only the best option when you've established a solid mindgame after a blocked Upknee.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
RYX

I guess it's true, nobody ever reads the manual lol.

Obviously you didn't read any of the previous post, so I'll get you up to speed. The OP is asking for follow-up options after 1,2 on hit. UpKnee canceled from 1,2 on hit will always make contact with the opponent. Lemon1991 said after 1,2 on block cancelling into UpKnee is your safest option, but it's the complete opposite. I responed with the quote above.

UpKnee is only the best option when you've established a solid mindgame after a blocked Upknee.
I don't think you read, tbh. I said nothing more than 12~Upknee on block isn't completely safe because characters with fast advancing normals can punish it. Also I just said that 12 on hit connects to Upknee, lol.

I don't think you read, tbh. I said nothing more than 12~Upknee on block isn't completely safe because characters with fast advancing normals can punish it. Also I just said that 12 on hit connects to Upknee, lol.
You were wrong in the first place. I thought I made it clear that I was never talking about a whiffed UpKnee? What game are you playing my friend? UpKnee is 200% safe on block. You can't even punish moves that are +0 on block, so how in the hell would you be able to punish a move that's +anything? lol

Seems like you play a little too much online bro lol.