What's new

Question - A-List 114 SKRC three times? Pressure

Dravum

hello darkness my old friend...
any tips for it? the timing is so strict for the third cancel to come out without being a dash. I do it so fast that the cancel is invisible and the 3rd still doesnt come out.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
I thought the max was only two cancels due to stamina constraints?

114xxSKRC (lose a bar of stamina) --> 114xxSKRC (lose another bar) --> whatever button you want.
Nope you can do 3 cancels on block with johnny, if you're losing a bar of stamina then you certainly aren't doing it fast enough, which means its not jailing anyway.

To answer op, if it comes out as a dash, look at your stamina bar and see if it flashes red. If it does, it means you aren't cancelling the first 2 correctly, and you're losing more stamina than needed. If it doesn't and you just keep getting dashes then its your execution on the third one instead. Either way, the only way is practice.

If i can give a terrible but hopefully accurate illustration, with | representing the stamina bar, and / representing where your bar disappears after a correct cancel, I can try to show you.
It should be; |||/|||||/|||||/|||.

You should be left with enough bar to dash cancel into another move if you were to cancel from your 3rd 114.

I don't know if that illustration helps but this should give you an idea of how to improve your cancels, besides that, just practice.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
To get the run cancels perfect, you have to input the cancel as a pure run, which is f,f+BL. When you are doing it wrong, you are dash canceling with ff, and pressing block during the dash afterwards, which consumes more stamina.

It's a bitch to get down though, very hard and requires tons of practice.

Also, are you sure you can cancel 3 times? That would be four 114s in a row which is a shitload of chip. Never saw that anywhere.

I think the OP meant three 114s, which means 2 cancels, like this:

114 x cancel1 x 114 x cancel2 x 114

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
ive never seen 3 cancels be done, can someone do me a favor show me a video of it?

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
I've never seen anyone do more than two cancels, but I'm not a Johnny Main, so I cannot speak. Can anyone verify if it's possible to do three F3[4] cancels on block, consecutively? I'm also thinking about frightening amounts of chip you can get with stuff like 114SKRC --> 114SKRC --> 114SKRC --> 114xxEX Forceballs --> F2 or D4, then either combo or continue pressure if you connect a D4.

God, I wish I threw much more time into Johnny.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
To get the run cancels perfect, you have to input the cancel as a pure run, which is f,f+BL. When you are doing it wrong, you are dash canceling with ff, and pressing block during the dash afterwards, which consumes more stamina.

It's a bitch to get down though, very hard and requires tons of practice.

Also, are you sure you can cancel 3 times? That would be four 114s in a row which is a shitload of chip. Never saw that anywhere.

I think the OP meant three 114s, which means 2 cancels, like this:

114 x cancel1 x 114 x cancel2 x 114
Oh my mistake, i was confusing 3 114s with 3 cancels, its two cancels and one dash cancel max. Apologies guys.
With that being said, take the last slash away from my "illustration" and thats how much stamina you'll have.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Oh my mistake, i was confusing 3 114s with 3 cancels, its two cancels and one dash cancel max. Apologies guys.
With that being said, take the last slash away from my "illustration" and thats how much stamina you'll have.
Yeah I knew you could do three 114s, but you made it seem like three cancels... which would be so much chip and meter build

omooba

fear the moobs
wait till tuesday. this might not be reasonable anymore assuming he even keeps run cancels

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Well the variation itself is based on cancels, they're probably going to make f2 a mid, remove armor from ex nut punch and increase stamina penalty so you can only cancel once.

That is to help him in the grandmaster matchup, of course.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
You can cancel Run cancel twice and dash cancel twice in a row before no more cancels can be made.

n1kosh

Train harder
No guys. 3 cancels -> Two Run Cancel and One Dash Cancel = 1 blockstring. Don't forget [4] can SKDC...

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
4 SKDC is +5 (or 6, idk) on block. You can use this with F3(4) dash cancel, 12(1) dash cancel (which are both minus on block) for fun