What's new

Breakthrough - Hat Trick 11212 into call back (no launch) its actually around 17 on hit, enough to link a standing 4, but...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Sadly call back is ruled by the infamous "Auto Block" mechanic existent in MKX, which prevents certain normals to connect no matter how super plus a character is after canceling a string into a special on hit.

So it turns this into a frame trap instead, plus enough to hit anyone trying to do anything else that its not blocking.

If you try to x-ray, armor, backdash, neutral crouch, poke under, jump, anything that its not blocking, will make you get hit by the standing 4 or anything else that its faster, however blocking kills the hitstun and the character is allowed to block if anything that is not the hat hits in range of the character.

To remind you, unbreakable frost aura and ex frost aura used to have this, but they removed to give him links.

The video is self explanatory

Anyway, i'm sad, with this we could actually have the hat anywhere in the screen even above and not worry since we would still be able to convert into combos with some execution and muscle memory, but unfortunately NRS might have though this would be too much for Hat Trick.

The last part is just the possibility of combos this would give if it he could "link" normals after call back without triggering the auto-block, i think he would be a lot more scarier more fun and, the other hats would be in play alot no matter the range or direction.

If you think this would be a pretty good buff for Hat Trick, just put the following hashtag under your comment:

#NotPaulo'sVision

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
11212 INTO CALL BACK (NO LAUNCH) ITS ACTUALLY AROUND 17 ON HIT, ENOUGH TO LINK A STANDING 4, BUT...

Everytime someone pokes out it plays the whole Shooting Stars song.

._. sorry, just seemed like a lead in to one of THOSE youtube vids.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
The only usefulness I found and had it implemented into my armory, was calling the hat back and immediate teleportation 2.

90% of time, I place low hat, and when the hat returns, KL is on the other side. We have psudo hard to blockable (low-high) scenario. Leads to small combo, but in case of HT, anything legitimate is a gold, in his arsenal, at least, it is the way I see it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The only usefulness I found and had it implemented into my armory, was calling the hat back and immediate teleportation 2.

90% of time, I place low hat, and when the hat returns, KL is on the other side. We have psudo hard to blockable (low-high) scenario. Leads to small combo, but in case of HT, anything legitimate is a gold, in his arsenal, at least, it is the way I see it.
Still bad, it would be better if linked, not only would be an awesome combo mechanic, but it would allow us to have the hat anywhere in the screen.

But this is in the past now, hopefully next MK characters will have a much better gameplay perspective.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Honestly, I dont remember a character, that would be so much fun to play and watch in years. He is easy in TOP 10, when it comes to unique and free style game play. Even though I lost pretty much every tournament I played with HT, I still enjoy the hell out of the character, like none other - that said, there is just no way we will see him again, and that is shame.

I bought I2, I bought T7, and I did not found the drive, to play these games. In MK9, I had couple of characters, I loved to play with. But in MKX, in reality, only one produced that drive, desire, pleasure to play - that is KL HT.

Now regarding, the link ... I dont even wanna talk about it. Its either: The analysis of the character was bad, or they simply at some point didnt give a shit. Imo, the first, because we can see that in I2, the way they balance the game is much better.

I understand that, we players, are players and there is a line, or perhaps certain degree of considering what we players, say. But in case of KL HT, we can tell that the work they did was sloppy.

This characters - variation, almost did not exist, yet his mechanics is so advanced. It is clear as the sun , that reducing the requirements the product, get more sells, but if they decide to implement certain content (in this case HT KL), they should finish the job. Not because we want, but because the content is unfinished and even though its good content, while applied, you can clearly see that there are a lot of flows - the work is/was not done.

That is of course, my perspective, and those who do not agree, I will not try to convince, or I would care.