What's new

10th Anniversary

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I never played it, but I'm learning that many people were first introduced to MK with Mk9 and then it makes sense when so many people recall it so fondly.
It wasn't my first MK game, but it was the second one i enjoyed as much as i did MK Trilogy.
And it was a great game despite the bugs and shit we get to fix over the years with the engine, the freedom that game offered was insane.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
First off, I'd just like to say that Ketchup/Mustard make THE BEST MK content on YouTube and no one is even REMOTELY close. Their Competitive History of series is the best fighting game series I've ever seen.

Secondly, it's crazy that it's already been a decade since MK9 released. To me, it's without question the greatest MK game of all time. Get your "rose colored glasses" bullshit out of here. I still enjoy the shit out of it a decade later. I will NEVER go back and play MK11, no matter how pretty it looks.

I'd pay whatever I had to for a remaster of MK9 with rollback netcode.

While MKX is my favorite as a fighter, MK9 is by far my favorite Mortal Kombat game of all time.
I personally consider the entire soft reboot trilogy to be very, very strong, and the best Mortal Kombat games since the original trilogy. Of the soft reboot trilogy, Mortal Kombat XL is my favourite in terms of gameplay, mechanics, and online play, but Mortal Kombat (2011) is definitely the one that plays nostalgia and tribute to the original trilogy while actually bringing the franchise to a proper, competitive design for the first time since Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.

Makuholick

Killa Queen
It also had a lot of good designs, a lot of which are even better than their designs in MK11. And looking at the stories of the other two, its own is still bounds ahead.

Mk9 is my all time favorite game. I wish everyone still played it.
I think online is only playable on the PC Steam version now, though the game is no longer for sale on Steam (You can still buy keys off keyseller sites). For the other three platforms, I believe used copies are the best you'll find now. It's such a shame they never made it backwards compatible on modern consoles. I believe it's the only NetherRealm Studios title to be so.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
They're content is, without question, fantastic. They're also exceptional commentators.
And just good dudes, very approachable, no elitism. With the amount of ego and elitism in the fgc, it's awesome that K&P have not let their much-deserved success go to their heads.

Mk9 is my all time favorite game. I wish everyone still played it.
I would play it in a heartbeat if the PC version was even somewhat functional.

If it wasn't for mk9 I wouldn't have found this site. Always have been an MK fan but this one was special. I'm a character loyalist and this is the ONLY game where I played 3.
Same here!

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
I think online is only playable on the PC Steam version now, though the game is no longer for sale on Steam (You can still buy keys off keyseller sites). For the other three platforms, I believe used copies are the best you'll find now. It's such a shame they never made it backwards compatible on modern consoles. I believe it's the only NetherRealm Studios title to be so.
You can play it if you subscribe to Playstation Now. I still jump on it every day and practice old bnbs like im gonna need to bust out a pocket cyrax and hit someone with an unbreakable reset one of these days. Ill always love this game.

You can play it if you subscribe to Playstation Now. I still jump on it every day and practice old bnbs like im gonna need to bust out a pocket cyrax and hit someone with an unbreakable reset one of these days. Ill always love this game.
It works on PlayStation 4?