What's new

10sec Throw KB info

Afumba

Noob
Just FYI, below moves/strings will void the 10sec no jump throw KB. So if you wanna go for it you need to avoid using them.

F12
F124
F43 (F4 itself doesnt count as airborne)
F43 1+3
B2
S4
Telekick
Thunder roll

Patch 26th Jan 2021 added
F4
11 1+3
Dash amp

I honestly think its a bit ridiculous. Hopefully its not working as intended but probably is.

Edit: seems obvious but FB as well as other KBs reset the timer too. End of a round will also reset it.

Last edited by a moderator:

foxdie

Noob
she doesnt really seem fleshed out as a character to be honest... like why have this as a condition for kb when its clear that her toolset fights against that logic. i think if F1 is changed to a mid and/or make F1,2 special cancellable would be the best place to start IMO

foxdie

Noob
F1 a mid would be overkill, it would be too good.

I agree that F1, 2 should be cancellable.
lol you think so? i think that's the most normal buff you could give her, considering the ridiculous dirty shit people get away with vs mileena because of her t-rex arms.

Afumba

Noob
lol you think so? i think that's the most normal buff you could give her, considering the ridiculous dirty shit people get away with vs mileena because of her t-rex arms.
If you make the string cancellable and f1 a mid i am pretty sure it would be bonkers. Imagine Jade b2 being a 9f mid with a cancellable string... wouldnt that be a bit much?

Just make f1, 2 cancellable and increase the B1 range (its range is way to short wtf). No need for F1 to be a mid.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
If you make the string cancellable and f1 a mid i am pretty sure it would be bonkers. Imagine Jade b2 being a 9f mid with a cancellable string... wouldnt that be a bit much?

Just make f1, 2 cancellable and increase the B1 range (its range is way to short wtf). No need for F1 to be a mid.
You are basically describing every one of jacqui's advancing 9f mids right?

Anyways yeah F1 doesn't need to be a mid. But I agree there are glaring issues with her design.

My requests or wishlist for Mileena:

• F12 special cancelable or make F124 -8 ob
  • F431+3 becomes -7 ob
  • 34 becomes -7 ob
  • Her strings don't reset the 10s KB or the KB has it's requirements changed.
  • Increase B1 range to her D1 reach.
The reason I ask for the (F43 & 34) to be more safe is because several characters including the DLC have multiple fast mids with tons of range and overheads that are -6. Not to mention half the cast can punish -8 with 7 frame high starters and with the new buffer it's loads easier.

In a perfect world I'd add:

• Air Sai's and tele-kick becomes base moves
  • Kahnum Dash doesn't replace Ball Roll and has a different input. BF4

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I do have to agree that things about her design seem a bit off. I understand that she’s supposed to be this risk/reward character... but honestly?

•112 full combo punishable?
•Most strings leaving her -8 or more with no pushback?
•Her only plus string (2334) being completely useless? (Meanwhile, Liu Kang’s functions the same but starts from a mid, ends in a mid, has a KB attached to it, and is more plus on block. Mileena’s starts with a high. Ends with a duckable high. And she can’t even jail into sais unless she equips the low version.)
•B1’s tragic range combined with the fact that it ends with a duckable high and full combo punishable mid. Why? I get that it’s a guess, but at least give the mid SOMETHING. (KB if only the kick lands?)
•Air sais taking a slot? Really? Air sais are about as iconic for Mileena as air fans are for Kitana. That ones really bizarre (part of me feels like they ran out of ideas and/or time for Mileena. She shares Terminator’s d3 animation for her d4, Jade’s f4 animation, and her b34 is a straight up copy and paste from her MK9 version. I’d argue her b2 is a reskinned version of Baraka’s, but that feels more like a stretch).
•f124 being full combo punishable. There’s not even a mixup there. It’s not like she can cancel the f12 into a low at all.

All these things lead to her customs being only chosen to cover her weaknesses. Her command grab and additional strings are damn near mandatory for her to be competitive, and her style ends up feeling a lot more streamlined than the likes of her fellow DLC counterparts.

Now, I truly do enjoy her. She’s Mileena after all. Her sais are an amazing zoning tool, her backdash is awesome, and I love her f1. But my god... there are some glaring issues with the way she’s designed lol

Afumba

Noob
You are basically describing every one of jacqui's advancing 9f mids right?

Anyways yeah F1 doesn't need to be a mid. But I agree there are glaring issues with her design.

My requests or wishlist for Mileena:

• F12 special cancelable or make F124 -8 ob
  • F431+3 becomes -7 ob
  • 34 becomes -7 ob
  • Her strings don't reset the 10s KB or the KB has it's requirements changed.
  • Increase B1 range to her D1 reach.
The reason I ask for the (F43 & 34) to be more safe is because several characters including the DLC have multiple fast mids with tons of range and overheads that are -6. Not to mention half the cast can punish -8 with 7 frame high starters and with the new buffer it's loads easier.

In a perfect world I'd add:

• Air Sai's and tele-kick becomes base moves
  • Kahnum Dash doesn't replace Ball Roll and has a different input. BF4
Oh yea i am with you on the design issue part. I just dont think turning everyone into Jacqui is the best thing to do. F1 is a good button as is and i'd rather they fix the things that arent. Like B1, its pitiful. So i'd rather take more range on that, as it would solve more issues.

I am totally on board with your wishlist +
  1. Add extra strings to base kit
  2. Able to cancel into air sai/air tele out of airborne moves as well as being able to cancel into air sai out of telekick. At the very least make it an ability that includes all this.

LawAbidingCitizen

Oh yea i am with you on the design issue part. I just dont think turning everyone into Jacqui is the best thing to do. F1 is a good button as is and i'd rather they fix the things that arent. Like B1, its pitiful. So i'd rather take more range on that, as it would solve more issues.

I am totally on board with your wishlist +
  1. Add extra strings to base kit
  2. Able to cancel into air sai/air tele out of airborne moves as well as being able to cancel into air sai out of telekick. At the very least make it an ability that includes all this.
Absolutely, I was trying to add changes that didn't go overboard. There awhere actual requests to Paulo for her F1 to become a mid. I'm like damn that's too far.

But wiffing issues and KB fixes or making part of her safer or even fixing her one true mid

The B1 is definitely one that wouldn't be to strong in this game where many characters are blessed. Add to that string can only trigger KB on the end of a combo.

But I agree we don't want everyone to be Jacqui geras or cetrion or master of all. We just want them to be well rounded enough to deal with those S+ tiers while staying fair with flaws.
Overall I think she is good. Just some things design wise just doesn't make sense.
Air Tele-kick and air Sai's should absolutely be base.
I think the Play Time strings should be a given. Just a thought but if those where made base tools like CMD Grab would be 2 slots. But shh be quite I don't want NRS knowing how powerful that move is.

LawAbidingCitizen

I do have to agree that things about her design seem a bit off. I understand that she’s supposed to be this risk/reward character... but honestly?

•112 full combo punishable?
•Most strings leaving her -8 or more with no pushback?
•Her only plus string (2334) being completely useless? (Meanwhile, Liu Kang’s functions the same but starts from a mid, ends in a mid, has a KB attached to it, and is more plus on block. Mileena’s starts with a high. Ends with a duckable high. And she can’t even jail into sais unless she equips the low version.)
•B1’s tragic range combined with the fact that it ends with a duckable high and full combo punishable mid. Why? I get that it’s a guess, but at least give the mid SOMETHING. (KB if only the kick lands?)
•Air sais taking a slot? Really? Air sais are about as iconic for Mileena as air fans are for Kitana. That ones really bizarre (part of me feels like they ran out of ideas and/or time for Mileena. She shares Terminator’s d3 animation for her d4, Jade’s f4 animation, and her b34 is a straight up copy and paste from her MK9 version. I’d argue her b2 is a reskinned version of Baraka’s, but that feels more like a stretch).
•f124 being full combo punishable. There’s not even a mixup there. It’s not like she can cancel the f12 into a low at all.

All these things lead to her customs being only chosen to cover her weaknesses. Her command grab and additional strings are damn near mandatory for her to be competitive, and her style ends up feeling a lot more streamlined than the likes of her fellow DLC counterparts.

Now, I truly do enjoy her. She’s Mileena after all. Her sais are an amazing zoning tool, her backdash is awesome, and I love her f1. But my god... there are some glaring issues with the way she’s designed lol
Amen!

With that said I think it's good to have several flaws but it seems like most her moves are unsafe with no base way to make her safe and play this meta. I'm not saying she is bad by any means just that her design just doesn't make sense and most of it is very simple fixes that shouldn't skyrocket her into broke land.

The ten second KB is fucking rediculous. She can't jump, Short hop, Fatal Blow, Krushing Blow, tele-kick, S4, F43, F431+3, B2, 233, 2334, JIP or JIK or use air Sai's or the timer resets.
That seems unnecessary and that doesn't even count the opponents moves that reset it like KB's/FB's or them kicking you down.

Like you said multiple moves are unnecessarily unsafe for no reward. B112/B114 being punishable with no way to capitalize off your success means they won't be used.
B1 having zero range and wiffing issues I believe should be addressed the most.

Many of her special moves don't feel like they should be slots. It's pretty sloppy like they rushed it. But Mileena looks amazing and I love her so it's bitter sweat.

Afumba

Noob
@Afumba

So after latest patch you can add to things that reset kB throw timer

F4
11 1+3
Kahnum dash mb

The 11 1+3 one is a real wtf moment

Edit: I'll just edit op actually
Thanks. Saw that you updated it.

For the record, all of them are real wtf moments. For examples i dont know what has to be wrong with somebody to go like "lets give KD even more downsides".

And they seriously wonder why people wont stop making fun of them.