What's new

Discussion 10/21/16 Tier List (Spicy)

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Since no one has posted a recent tier list, and I'm slow at work I thought I would take the liberty of upsetting some people. This tier list is based on the best variation used for each character depending on the matchup.

*No particular order in each tier*

S
: Sonya, Takeda, Sektor, Sub Zero, Shinnok, Mileena

A+: Jason, Kitana, Ermac, Quan Chi, Smoke, Kano

A: Cassie, Predator, Reptile, Goro, Liu Kang, Cyber Sub, Scorpion, Bo'Rai Cho

B+: Kenshi, Jacqui, ?Johnny Cage?, Alien, Tanya, Tremor, ?Leatherface?, Kung Lao

B
: Kotal Kahn, Raiden, Erron Black

C: Kung Jin, Ferra/Torr, D'Vorah

D: Cyrax, Jax

I admit I am not a guru so there will be obvious things people are gonna want changed, please comment and explain somewhat so I can update this as it's out.

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Raiden should be higher than B-tier in my opinion, at least if we're talking Displacer. He's looking pretty good these days.

Ferra/Torr in C-tier? Did he get hit THAT hard in the patch?

Rest of the list seems fine enough, though seeing as this is a tier list thread I should probably put on my salt-proof clothing until further notice.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
Sub-Zero shouldn't be S-Tier, he's in general A+ Tier.
Individually: Unbreakable went from C to A+, Cryomancer went from B to S- and GM stayed the same.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
New shinnok has every tool imo
So does mileena. What exactly did she lose?

Still gains meter the same way. Still zones the same way. Still counter zones the same way. Damage is only 2% less. Piercing ender is still gdlk on hit.

Yea b1 became a high but it's faster and it's still an advancing normal that's safe and hard to whiff punish. Very good footsie tool. Couple that in with her newly buffed f2 and she's still good upclose. Her having to spend a bar to launch is fine. It still has armor and it's still an OH, meaning her mixup game is still there, just slightly less threatening. It's not like the armor is useless either since she goes full screen on hit, resetting the neutral and going right back to zoning and building meter.

So again, what did she lose? I'm not saying she's top 2 like before but she's still top 10 imo, probably still top 5

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Also Ermac and Kitana are an easy S Tier. Reptile could be argued to be A+, and Mileena should be at least A+

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
Do you think mileena should move to A+ or S
Maybe S because she barely got touched to where it affects her gameplan. In this new meta, her zoning is stronger than before. Maybe piercing isnt the S tier variation anymore since her abusable mid became a high and her mixup game requires more resources. I believe Ethereal is the new S tier Mileena. With the amount of meter she builds with sais and backward fades she always has meter for ex fade which imo is the best armor move in the game. The utility of ex fade is damn near endless.