What's new

Match-up Discussion (1.06) Superman Matchup Discussion

chronos411

Last Kyptonian of VA
How are people approaching Green Lantern now? I'm having way more trouble with him than I was pre patch. If i get him to the corner its still the same but i cant force him into bad back dashes mid screen since all he has to do is walk back now and then B1 since it out ranges F2. I guess I need to start practicing back dashing out of B13 to punish him. Any other ideas?

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
You can still interrupt b13 or b12 with a poke into pressure of your own. he shuts down your air game so you need to stay grounded on approach. Zoning Green Lantern is still the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
You can still interrupt b13 or b12 with a poke into pressure of your own. he shuts down your air game so you need to stay grounded on approach. Zoning Green Lantern is still the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Man I have to disagree here. Zoning Green Lantern is really bad to do. I don't know since the recovery on lasers just does not seem good to zone Green Lantern. Well maybe zone from mid distance. Sure we can still zone with heat zap.

xQUANTUMx

Man I have to disagree here. Zoning Green Lantern is really bad to do. I don't know since the recovery on lasers just does not seem good to zone Green Lantern. Well maybe zone from mid distance. Sure we can still zone with heat zap.
that's what I meant. 3/4 screen to full screen. I dont throw out lasers any closer than that anymore for any character I play against. Heat zap catches a lot of stuff Lanterns try to do, especially air turbine.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
that's what I meant. 3/4 screen to full screen. I dont throw out lasers any closer than that anymore for any character I play against. Heat zap catches a lot of stuff Lanterns try to do, especially air turbine.

Well it still ok, not like Bane will stop lasers from full screen lol.

Though vs Green Lantern it just seems like a bad idea to zone him. Rockets>zap and lasers

xQUANTUMx

Well it still ok, not like Bane will stop lasers from full screen lol.

Though vs Green Lantern it just seems like a bad idea to zone him. Rockets>zap and lasers

I dont just yolo throw them out if that's what you're thinking.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
I played someone yesterday who I had no MU experience against and was very frustrating since I never knew how to play against him before. Any of you know how to play against Shazam? He destroys my game that I do when opponent on wake up.

EMPEROR_THEO
xQUANTUMx

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Batman vs. Superman is easily a 5-5. Hold dat, Superman players.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
i am just getting used to the MU discussions but i was thinking 6-4 batman. but i am sure you are right.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
i am just getting used to the MU discussions but i was thinking 6-4 batman. but i am sure you are right.
Superman does much better full-screen than Bats. Hmmm. Maybe it is 6-4, but I'm hesitant to agree.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
i say that because a batman that cycles bats well can put a stop to Superman's full screen game. and up close some well timed parries hurts f23 a lil. they both are pretty safe but batman has better mixups and with trait cancels it brings more opportunities to open Supes up. supes just lacks more tools IMO. its close but i would give a little bit of an edge to Batman.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
LOL. not at all. i am actually testing my MU breakdowns. i have been hesitant in fear of sounding dumb. but i really want to level up so i got to get over it.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
LOL. not at all. i am actually testing my MU breakdowns. i have been hesitant in fear of sounding dumb. but i really want to level up so i got to get over it.

I understand, but I think that match up is 5-5. From what I saw is the Cyborg forums when looking at match up chart Superman loses 6-4.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
oh i thought it would be 6-4 Superman. i know his zoning is hard to deal with and i have yet to get around it because i cannot duplicate the IAFBs and i have only played 1 person that can play a good cyborg. but when i do get in it seems good for Superman and if i can stay in the better. i do think it can be a very tough match for Superman but winnable. but i may be wrong.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
oh i thought it would be 6-4 Superman. i know his zoning is hard to deal with and i have yet to get around it because i cannot duplicate the IAFBs and i have only played 1 person that can play a good cyborg. but when i do get in it seems good for Superman and if i can stay in the better. i do think it can be a very tough match for Superman but winnable. but i may be wrong.
I agree with it, since Superman has tough time to get in. Cyborg has has that iAFB if he tries to jump. Maybe up close Superman can do something, but I think Cyborg can do the same. It is frustrating though.

xQUANTUMx

Let's not be that community that starts throwing around numbers pre-maturely.

Rude, make your case in more detail please or your comment is useless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
Let's not be that community that starts throwing around numbers pre-maturely.

Rude, make your case in more detail please or your comment is useless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree I actually hate discussing in MU numbers. Just like to tell people how to play against certain characters. Though the Superman forums are pretty much dead.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
i agree too. i really came in here just to start convo again because it is so dead and i want to continue to level up with supes.