What's new

Strategy - A-List 04/10/16 A-list patch - Cancelling system clarification

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Forget his offense.

What are peoples thoughts on his defense? I have never seen one so bad.

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike
Forget his offense.

What are peoples thoughts on his defense? I have never seen one so bad.
But is it, really?

It is weak. Defence in this game is weak. The agressive win.

He has forceballs which were left untouched, and he really doesn't need to stay defensive since he has a safe 2 armor 1 bar move across the entire screen. Ex shadowkick is better than it ever was.

No need for him to stay defensive. He closes the gap, stays safe, and either baits the armor or just aplies pressure.

Thats what I think.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
On paper A-list is fine.

It's just the idiotic extra execution barrier that has no sense and doesn't add any depth, or value to the character, or the game, that we complain about. There is absolutely no logical explanation why cancels should differ on block from on hit, execution wise. It is absurd.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
I play tremor and he has a flash parry via cancelling ex stone punch into normals. Can JC do this in a list by cancelling EX shadow kick or does he lose the armor after running out of it?

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I play tremor and he has a flash parry via cancelling ex stone punch into normals. Can JC do this in a list by cancelling EX shadow kick or does he lose the armor after running out of it?
A-List doesn't have any kind of flash parry, ex shadow kick can't be cancelled

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
A-List doesn't have any kind of flash parry, ex shadow kick can't be cancelled
Ah I see, ty for the info. Looks like tremor is the only one then, im sure itll be taken away =[ honestly it seems like it could be too strong

Vini_Strife

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Tremor is the only char with armor launcher and fucking 6f string lol

Shadow Kick EX is useless, any opponent can easy bait that move and punish u.

DB4 ex was only launcher in the corner and must be on combo, i don't know why Paulo removed his armor.

JC NP should be with armor, and if u want to combo, spend another bar.

12(1) and 11 the mid hits whiffs on most character after any "skrc" move. Like Kitana, Mileena, Sub Zero, Reptile, Classic Ermac, Tremor (alternate costume), and u can be punished if u play against a good player.
Example: tremor with his f1 punish u between 11 (punished) 3, 11 (punished) 4 and 12(punished)1.

Because Paulo don't know how to test the shit he does in the game. A lot of Mid Hits whiffs on block because the hurtboxes have more bugs than Windows Vista. And because of that, JC A-List drops from Tier A to Tier B. But i love that char and still playing with him.

Last edited: