What's new

[03/11/12] New England Fight Scene presents BATTLEBORO 2012 (Brattleboro, VT)

Cla

Noob
This is a New England area event being thrown together by SRK member Tito887.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/mar-11-2012-new-england-fight-scene-presents-battleboro-2012-brattleboro-vt.154529/

He does not have the privileges to post a new thread here, so I'm doing it. Here's the information from the original thread:

I extend an open invitation to all willing participants to New England Fight Scene's first tournament, "BATTLEBORO 2012!" Produced by Michael Garcia. I have listened carefully to our community and have come up with an event that I hope will inspire you to show up.

http://www.facebook.com/events/334629063246778/?context=create

Here are the details.

I have reserved the meeting room of the Holiday Inn Express for, Sunday, March 11. The Venue Fee will be five dollars for the day. If you bring a setup to the tournament (Console,TV, and cables), your venue fee will be waived. I will be purchasing an evo monitor and will be able to bring three consoles on my own (2 PS3s 1 360). LevelUpNH will also be attending and supplying me with two set ups of their own (2 360s and tvs).
http://www.facebook.com/LevelUpGaming

This meeting room does not have the capacity of the prior location I found in Keene. But this is offset by the minimal charge for the venue. In order to attract the participants that would have to travel long distances, I will be opening the event at 12:00AM on Sunday. This way you can get in some serious warmups and have the opportunity to socialize with your fellow tournament goers.You will of course, need to reserve a room for the night. The meeting room is not a space available for crashing. I intend to host as many games as possible, but will be realistic with what I am able to accomplish. Here is the list of games.

Mortal Kombat 9
Tekken 6
Super Street Fighter 4 AE 2012
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Street Fighter X Tekken
Soul Calibur 5

All games will run off the standard rule set for each respective game. I believe that each game can be run with a ten dollar buy in. Unless there is overwhelming objections to ten dollars, it is my belief that this is the correct price point to shoot for each tournament. If there is an issue with the buy in, I will approach the topic on an individual basis. Prize distributions will be:
1st place 70%
2nd place 20%
3rd place 10%

(Sunday Morning) 12:01AM-6:00AM Early morning casuals/training

11:00AM-12:00PM sign ups

1:00-2:00 warm-ups (of course we can start as soon as everyone is ready which is my preference)

2:00-12:00 Tournaments are on.

2:00 Street Fighter

2:30 Tekken 6

2:45 UMVC 3

3:30 MK9

4:15 SCV

5:00 SF X TK

This whole schedule is tentative. I would gladly appreciate help from the community on this front.

I will be seeking out a caterer to provide for the event, so that you don't have to worry about where to go for food. I highly encourage those with streaming capabilities to shoot me a message. I would love to talk to you. I hope to see you in March. I want our region to start growing in both size and scope. Get out here and helps us grow!

(and yes, I will be there)

For nearby hotels, I recommend:

Super8 ($57)
America's Best Inn ($52)

Oh and if you all would like to have UMK3 in the event, that could certainly be arranged.