What's new

“TER” from the Steam leak is actually Geras

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
If you’re like me and haven’t been regularly checking the 30+ pages of responses in that thread, you may not have seen this news. I figured it deserves its own thread.

From what I’ve gathered, I believe @Braindead originally found the picture and posted to Discord? (Feel free to correct me here if I’m wrong.)

Anyway here’s the thread and the photo:

https://testyourmight.com/threads/steam-database-achievements-roster-speculation.68075/page-33#post-2431880

Notice the variation names.

Last edited:

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
i wouldn't believe that if there is no son_var2 next to ger_var2. sonya_variation2 vs terra_variaton2

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Well, it frees up a spot in the wiggle room roster

that means rain, noob saibot, and shang tsung can all co-exist now without someone losing out
Shang Tsung won't be coming man.

So this morning I was watching this:

...and at 10:20, an intro for Raiden's mirror match goes like this:

R1: "Your illusion bore me Shang Tsung."
R2: "That evil sourcerer is long dead."
R1: "Just who are you, impostor?"

So yeah, he's not coming back. What a disappointment.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
D'Vorah: "Liu Kang."
Liu Kang: "You will stop your attack on Earthrealm."
D'Vorah: "Only victory will stop it."

-MKX

I guess we have 100% concrete proof that Liu Kang will be revived back to life at some point in MKX? Non-canon combat intros would never ever lie to us!

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
D'Vorah: "Liu Kang."
Liu Kang: "You will stop your attack on Earthrealm."
D'Vorah: "Only victory will stop it."

-MKX

Using your logic, I guess we have 100% concrete proof that Liu Kang will be revived back to life at some point in MKX? Hmm.
I guess they had to invent something for Liu Kang's non-canonical skin?

Honestly I'm torn. I mean it's not like Shang has absolutely no chance of coming back, but after that specific choice of words I feel like it's pretty damn close.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I guess they had to invent something for Liu Kang's non-canonical skin?

Honestly I'm torn. I mean it's not like Shang has absolutely no chance of coming back, but after that specific choice of words I feel like it's pretty damn close.
Two things I don't trust one bit after MKX.

1) character default skins

2) pre-combat dialogue.

Like, not one bit. You could tell me that Kabal and Jade are resurrected in the first 5 minutes of story mode and I'd believe you. Or that Jade is actually not a Revenant at all, but possessed by the woman from her MK9 ending. I'd believe that too.

Especially in a game like MK11 where the plot deals with different timelines. Even if the dialogue WAS canon, it might be said by a Raiden from a different timeline, so it would still be irrelevant.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Two things I don't trust one bit after MKX.

1) character default skins

2) pre-combat dialogue.

Like, not one bit. You could tell me that Kabal and Jade are resurrected in the first 5 minutes of story mode and I'd believe you. Or that Jade is actually not a Revenant at all, but possessed by the woman from her MK9 ending. I'd believe that too.

Especially in a game like MK11 where the plot deals with different timelines. Even if the dialogue WAS canon, it might be said by a Raiden from a different timeline, so it would still be irrelevant.
I don't share your confidence but I hope you're right.

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Shang scores pretty high in polls. If not base roster then dlc for sure.
Yeah, that I expect too. Honestly though I'm not a huge fan of DLCs since my favorite time for fighting games is day 1, when everything's still new and to be explored, but I guess I'll make do.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Don't confuse me for some desperate fan who wants to believe against hope his favourite is in, I don't care about the character. Shang makes sense on multiple levels and i'd bet on him over anyone else that isn't already basically a lock.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Yeah, that I expect too. Honestly though I'm not a huge fan of DLCs since my favorite time for fighting games is day 1, when everything's still new and to be explored, but I guess I'll make do.
I'm the exact opposite: I prefer games to be fleshed out. Probably because I suck.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Don't confuse me for some desperate fan who wants to believe against hope his favourite is in, I don't care about the character. Shang makes sense on multiple levels and i'd bet on him over anyone else that isn't already basically a lock.
Man you guys make me feel like the most pessimistic guy on this forum. Why do you say that?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Man you guys make me feel like the most pessimistic guy on this forum. Why do you say that?
Ok with the ter=geras thing with the leak we now basically know 22 of the 25 characters

Rain and Noob are soft locks due to them being on various menus, making it 24/25 characters spoken for with one left.

So basically think along these lines, One spot left open. If not Shang Tsung, then who? Cause it ain't gonna be like fucking reptile or fujin or some shit.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Ok with the ter=geras thing with the leak we now basically know 22 of the 25 characters

Rain and Noob are soft locks due to them being on various menus, making it 24/25 characters spoken for with one left.

So basically think along these lines, One spot left open. If not Shang Tsung, then who? Cause it ain't gonna be like fucking reptile or fujin or some shit.
A new character or like everyone else? I mean we got D'Vorah, everything's possible.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
A new character or like everyone else? I mean we got D'Vorah, everything's possible.
I wouldn't believe in a new character due to the fact ed boon already specifically stated there is a de-emphasis on new characters in the game, and more of a focus on bringing back characters who "haven't been in a MK game in a while". KOL CET and Geras = 3 new characters which I think is enough by that thought process.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I wouldn't believe in a new character due to the fact ed boon already specifically stated there is a de-emphasis on new characters in the game, and more of a focus on bringing back characters who "haven't been in a MK game in a while". KOL CET and Geras = 3 new characters which I think is enough by that thought process.
True, but MKX gave us 8 new characters, so it's not like having 4 is off the table.