What's new

Tech Zatanna safe jump setup and follow up options

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
so here's the setup....

b3, dash, j2, 3~MB teppup retsam, tropelet ni tnorf x2 (for meter build), f3. - 32%
f3, j2, 3~MB teppup retsam, troplelet ni tnorf x2 (for meter build), f3. - 32%

note: im aware u can get a extra few % with j3/j2~levi,d2 but j2 is more consistent on the full cast and ill always go for consistency 1st.
this thread is just to show the concept of the set up, by all means try the other versions if you want :)

after these combos you are left with great spacing and frame advantage for oki.
opponent cannot tech roll also as the f3 ender in combos provides a un-techable knockdown.

possible follow ups:
*empty jump bait is save vs everything in game.
*dash in bait is save vs everything in game (you even have enough time to MB b3 a corp charge wakeup which is 6 frames)
*dash in to b1 cannot be backdashed.
*dash in to b2 can be backdashed.
*dash in crossover (messes with wakeups and can also send them wrong way)
*set up a MB erif ssik (punishes corp charge which is fastest furthest advancing non-super move in game)
*activate trait

also on other high damage combo variants with a f3 un-techable knockdown ender that punishes you further away there are also setups you can use.
*tropelet ni tnorf to b1 cannot be backdashed.
*tropelet ni tnorf to b2 cannot be backdashed.
*activate trait

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Love these setups, but when I get MB puppet master, I go for the vortex reset. From there you can get like 38% damage 1 bar, or 30% 1 bar for another reset.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Thanks for the info, will apply.

But can the über-nerds in this forum please stop typing her goddamn moves backwards? It's the definition of absurd. Or failing that, just use notations like a grownup. Writing "d,u" or "TP" is way faster than "tropelet ni tnorf, prehpred."

I read like 800-1000 words per minute and I feel like every other post in this forum drags me down to half that because I have to decode emos gnikcuf esnesnon that only exists because people think it's tsuj os gnikcuf etuc.

1man3letters

Love these setups, but when I get MB puppet master, I go for the vortex reset. From there you can get like 38% damage 1 bar, or 30% 1 bar for another reset.

true true, im just looking at all her possible options.
and that she dubbed as a setup char, more setups the better lol

Thanks for the info, will apply.

But can the über-nerds in this forum please stop typing her goddamn moves backwards? It's the definition of absurd. Or failing that, just use notations like a grownup. Writing "d,u" or "TP" is way faster than "tropelet ni tnorf, prehpred."

I read like 800-1000 words per minute and I feel like every other post in this forum drags me down to half that because I have to decode emos gnikcuf esnesnon that only exists because people think it's tsuj os gnikcuf etuc.

lol yea sorry, just didnt want the people heavy into zatanna giving me shit for not writing the names backwards.

Secret tech:

Her frame data is backwards too.

Everything she has is actually +2 or +9 on block.

Also, nice setups. I'll have to practice them tonight. Best part is the small added bonus of that extra meter building after trance.

1man3letters

Secret tech:

Her frame data is backwards too.

Everything she has is actually +2 or +9 on block.

Also, nice setups. I'll have to practice them tonight. Best part is the small added bonus of that extra meter building after trance.

cheers, yea i was just doing a trolly smoke and mirrors before the final f3 before i found u could get 2 teleports instead.