What's new

Your Injustice opinions that don't change

E

Eldriken

I always wanted to ask, just a terminology thing: is a move is "safe" if it's safe on block?
Yes. If a special move or string is unable to be punished on block, it is considered safe.

MB Venom is a perfect example of a move being safe on block.

Regular Venom is unsafe on block, however.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Yes. If a special move or string is unable to be punished on block, it is considered safe.

Generally I agree, but when it comes to wakeups, it gets me thinking about it a bit more. Say, If you expect a wakeup from DS (I'll drop possibility of not waking up since it's another aspect of oki altogether), you can block and you're safe this way, you also get to punish flip. Or you can jump taking the risk of some damage from flip for possibility of blowing spin up. If we are just talking about those two options none of them are truly safe despite being invulnerable and one of them also being safe on block. The rest of options are universal so w/e.

So, long story short, I don't think that limiting wakeup game to just 2 arbitrary options (block or apply pressure in this case) is the only viable way to design oki game. Obviously, "horizontal party" should not have better risk/reward, but that's given (and DS example kinda fits this principle IMO).

Ofc KD type, rolls and other variables make it harder to theorycraft about it, but I think it doesn't blow my ideas out of the water completely.

TKB

Noob
I don't think she can. D1 and standing 1 whiff if I recall.
She can punish with standing 1 but I think if she's at the edge of the sword spin she doesn't reach far enough to get the punish. So I believe it has to be right next to DS to work.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez

Also mb venom is advantage on block (+10 I believe)
Safe is generally used for moves that are negative but still unpunishable.
Sinestros b12 comes to mind. -5 so he is at minus frames but still "safe" from a follow up attack

E

Eldriken

Also mb venom is advantage on block (+10 I believe)
Safe is generally used for moves that are negative but still unpunishable.
Sinestros b12 comes to mind. -5 so he is at minus frames but still "safe" from a follow up attack
MB Venom is +6 on block. If it was +10, people couldn't backdash his d1.

Not really. The other Marvel movies are good.
Aside from being pure opinion its completely 100% irrelevant to the point you're even arguing. They all still failed to match the sales of movies starring Ironman. By your logic no matter how good they were Marvel shouldn't have made anymore movies without Ironman because nobody wanted to see them. Nevermind that they all (aside from the Hulk) actually still turned a profit. That's basically what you are arguing.

Injustice has a better metacritic score than most of those marvel movies, and sold over a million units, and that's not even counting the tie ins for it like the comic, toys, and cellphone game. The game may be dying/dead competitively but by damn near any other standard has been a successful venture by WB and NRS and they have every incentive to make a sequel. Accept it and move on.

Dedamn666

Big Poppa Pump
Aside from being pure opinion its completely 100% irrelevant to the point you're even arguing. They all still failed to match the sales of movies starring Ironman. By your logic no matter how good they were Marvel shouldn't have made anymore movies without Ironman because nobody wanted to see them. Nevermind that they all (aside from the Hulk) actually still turned a profit. That's basically what you are arguing.

Injustice has a better metacritic score than most of those marvel movies, and sold over a million units, and that's not even counting the tie ins for it like the comic, toys, and cellphone game. The game may be dying/dead competitively but by damn near any other standard has been a successful venture by WB and NRS and they have every incentive to make a sequel. Accept it and move on.
Whats to accept? Its only a game i did not like.You cant use the same logic on different mediums. I'm not saying it didn't do well, just not as well as MK. WB should stay with the money, games are not films and are not budgeted or made the same. Anyway its a pointless argument, tainted by differing opinions. I do feel alot of people forced themselves to like it more than they did, due to MK dying. Same will happen with MKX, Injustice 2, MK11 etc.

Whats to accept? Its only a game i did not like.You cant use the same logic on different mediums. I'm not saying it didn't do well, just not as well as MK. WB should stay with the money, games are not films and are not budgeted or made the same. Anyway its a pointless argument, tainted by differing opinions. I do feel alot of people forced themselves to like it more than they did, due to MK dying. Same will happen with MKX, Injustice 2, MK11 etc.
Not liking it is a perfectly fine opinion, but suggesting that it was somehow a disappointment and/or may not have done well enough to warrant a sequel is simply in conflict with reality. Actually AAA game development and movies share many similarities, but even if we accept for the argument they aren't it still makes no sense. Do you think EA would be better off making nothing but FIFA games going forward? Hell, maybe Capcom should drop Street Fighter entirely and focus on Resident Evil.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I think that, conceptually speaking and from a gameplay design standpoint, NRS absolutely fucking nailed the characters I've always loved. Flinging opponents around and bopping them on the head with the tank that is Grundy, powering through and giving zero fucks whatsoever when the venom's flowing with the freight train that is Bane, bum-rushing and smothering them relentlessly with that beast Doomsday, etc. Every fighting game has balance issues and for how incredibly different each character plays from one another and how true to their comic book personas they feel, I think NRS did the DC universe proud.

Hades

Noob
I love the game but the only way i can play it is online and i swear i can only get the worst connections. This coupled with the fact that there aren't an abundance of players in my area make getting regular games really difficult :(

But as a whole i love the game, the characters and design. Its just finding people to play against is the issue

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Black adam sucks. Superman isn't that good.
Well they didn't used to suck, lol.

• Batgirl's ridiculous corner damage and mixup rape.
  • Learning to, and even after, perfecting blocking Doomsday's earth shaker.
  • Everyone has the walking speed of old men with canes.
  • Batman's shitty wakeups. b23 doesn't make up for it.
  • Should have never added Scorpion to the roster.
  • The fact Black Adam was nerfed to a degree that is just stupid.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Anyway, on topic, even though I'll probably gonna eat some flak for that:

- DC is as good as you'd expect a result of market-driven storytelling to be;
- Trait is just another move and there's nothing that warrants comparing it with another move in vacuum and/or without context of a character, just like any other special it is;
- I agree that characters being very much unlike each other is a strong point of NRS and they should stick to it and try to do the best of it - if anything, they can homogenize stuff later if something didn't work as they expected;
- Character diversity (and not just in pools lol) is what makes tournaments fun to watch;
- MikeZ, Lab Zero and their Skullgirls support is support for FG done right and NRS should take some notes, pretty please;
- Inputs that can be minimized should be minimized.