What's new

Youphemism (KW Goro) Wins Glasgow Kombat Weekly #2

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Tuesday the 22nd was the second week of Glasgow's weekly brackets and we decided to bring the hype with all matches being contested with the same character - Goro! We even had two new faces turn up in Shoddyplum and TYM's own @Rearawt ! Here's hoping to see more new faces :D

Top 3 for this week are:
1st. Youphemism (Kuatan Warrior Goro)
2nd. Nausea (Dragon Fangs Goro)
3rd. Bigfool (Kuatan Warrior Goro)

From left to right (excluding the photobomb): Nausea (beating his chest), Youphemism, Bigfool

Commiserations to
Azarath (Kuatan Warrior Goro)
Ricey (Dragon Fangs Goro)
Superjohn (Dragon Fangs Goro)
Shoddyplum (Kuatan Warrior Goro)
Scott the Scot (Tigrar Fury Goro)
rareqq (Kuatan Warrior/Tigrar Fury Goro)

For the full bracket click here: http://www.challonge.com/mkglasgow2

No archive this week unfortunately because the recording began to mess up about 10 minutes in and I don't know why :(

Of course if there are more Scots near enough the Glasgow area reading this that would like to get into competitive MK then feel free to come along and join in! We'll help you out as much as we can :) Anyone interested in coming along can join the Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/GlasgowKombat or those that don't have Facebook can just come visit, we run every Tuesday night at MaxXP Gaming: 29-31 Duke St, Glasgow from 3:30pm to 9:30pm. Tournament signups start at 6pm and the tournament starts at 6:30pm.

Glasgow_MKX_banner.jpg

@Scott The Scot
@Nausea
@BigFool
@Hawfy
@Wigy
@VSTheJanitor
@JTB123
@Espio
@Hollywood DMS

Attachments

Youphemism

Nice Youph. For the Shokan! No archives though, booo. Damn hardware issues...
I know, I was pretty gutted :( hope to have it resolved for next time though!
wtf everyone used goro?
Fuck yeah! We decided it would be fun to all play Goro so we went with it and GlasGoro Kombat was great fun :cool:
how many times did both players EX punchwalk simultaneously?
Once or twice actually! It was pretty hype and it makes it even more crappy the archive failed :mad:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
@Scott The Scot dammit, i gave you so many tips about Goro and yet you lost. :DOGE
I don't know man, I tried punchwalking but it seemed to not work :DOGE

Nah, I just didn't bother learning Goro so I was kind of learning him on the spot lol. If the footage was there, between matches I looked at the move list and discovered that he had Fireballs haha :p

Immortal

Blind justice....
I don't know man, I tried punchwalking but it seemed to not work :DOGE

Nah, I just didn't bother learning Goro so I was kind of learning him on the spot lol. If the footage was there, between matches I looked at the move list and discovered that he had Fireballs haha :p
Lmao, atleast you entertained everybody. :DOGE

Haha Glasgoro! Glad to see these events are going well. I can't make them cause I've got casuals over here on Tuesdays too but when people are wanting MK I point them your way.

Also November Reign 28th of November in Kirkcaldy, would be awesome to see some of you guys in the MKX Bracket

Youphemism

Haha Glasgoro! Glad to see these events are going well. I can't make them cause I've got casuals over here on Tuesdays too but when people are wanting MK I point them your way.

Also November Reign 28th of November in Kirkcaldy, would be awesome to see some of you guys in the MKX Bracket
I should be able to make it, and it's even better that it's on XB1 since that's what I have and PS4 pad kills me inside.
Great day again, really enjoyed the all Goro shenanigans! It's such a shame TYM are gonna miss @Scott The Scot's 8/8 m8 comment8!

GG's @Youphemism Enjoy your win! This will be you next week ;)

I'm 100% there man! Looking forward to it :D
LMAO! But if this week taught you anything it's that when I go lab something I lab the shit out of it. You better be ready for next week :tonyt
"Yeah guys, let's all play Goro next week for hype, I don't even know the first thing about Goro..."

Don't fall for his plans again boys.
Heh if only that'd been the reason, it was easier because they decided on it, not me :rolleyes:

Reactions: GAV