What's new

YOMI DJT wins Mortal Kombat X at Atlanta Kombat Arena, Week 10

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Fresh off his victory at CEO 2015, Yomi Denzell Terry rejoins his entourage at the Yomi Gaming arcade to continue his training for the grandest FGC tournament set to happen in two weeks from now: Evolution 2015. With a swarm of new faces mixed in with the regulars, we saw a total of twenty players storming the Atlanta Kombat Arena, determined to seize the crown for themselves. When YOMI Slayer (or SlayHER) actually knocked Denzell into Loser's Bracket, everyone's expectations were thrown for a loop! Would we be looking at a new champion?

Denzell's answer to that question would be a resounding "NO." With Slayher having also been knocked into Loser's by REO, Denzell clambers his way back to Loser's Finals and exacts his revenge against his would-be maker. With the Grand Finals set for a climactic clash between REO and Denzell, the crowd watched with bated breath as the two warriors kept trading wins and losses.

Finally, the stand-off ended...and Denzell stood victorious, having just dodged the sting of defeat by an inch!

Yomi Gaming MKX Kombat Tuesday Week 10 Grand Final YOMI DJT vs YOMI Reo   YouTube.png

Week after week of the Atlanta Kombat Arena has proven phenomenal for us to be a part of and this one was no different. We congratulate Denzell for making an extensive comeback from the Loser's Bracket to win it all, and props go out to all of the players for leaving us in so much awe of what transpired, we were left speechless!

Our training continues all the way to the week of Evolution 2015. Keep checking back for more!

Bracket results: http://challonge.com/mkx63015

Top 8 Results

1. YOMI DJT (Sub-Zero, Kung Lao)
2. YOMI REO (Shinnok)
3. YOMI Slayher (Kung Jin, Kung Lao)
4. YOMI RM SaltFace (Mileena, Kitana)
5. YOMI Diesel (Kung Lao, Kung Jin)
5. YOMI Michaelangelo (Quan Chi)
7. YOMI ATL Clint the Beast (misc.)
7. YOMI MIT (misc.)

We now bring you the full playlist for all Mortal Kombat X matches that were broadcast on our grand stage. The link to access the page is below.

Mortal Kombat X Playlist for AKA Week #10

As a preview, we have two matches from the first rounds of Winner's Bracket, including a classic brawl between the Terry Brothers! We hope these will whet your appetite.

Winner's Bracket, Round 1 - YOMI DJT (Kung Lao) vs. YOMI MIT (Scorpion and Sonya Blade)

Winner's Bracket, Round 2 - YOMI RM JagoBlake (Kitana) vs. YOMI RM XEN0M0RPH (Cassie Cage)

If you are in the Atlanta area or any of the surrounding cities, we courteously invite you to join us for the experience of a lifetime every Tuesday evening at 9 P.M. With the closure of Capcom Mondays, we've now combined half their roster with half of ours to bring you the following titles every week:
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Killer Instinct
  • Ultra Street Fighter 4
  • Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Sign-ups open at 8 P.M. EST, but our doors are open for anyone seeking the chance to obtain experience from our players at all hours of the day. The fee to sign up is $10 plus another $10 per game, or only $5 if you're looking to spectate. We offer free food (usually pizza) for those visiting us. :)

Contact information is featured below. Please PM myself or @YOMI Reno_Racks if you have questions.

Address:

643 Shelton Ave SW
Atlanta, GA, 30310

Landline Number - 404-458-3991

it was his 2 day old shinnok lol thats how easy it is to play bone shaper because you were +24 on block at the time for ex hell sparks

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
It's still easy, don't get it twisted.
it was his 2 day old shinnok lol thats how easy it is to play bone shaper because you were +24 on block at the time for ex hell sparks
Boneshaper Shinnok is one of thes easiest characters to use and win with. Like, his setplay is easy to understand and you don't really have to deviate from it that much.

MUERTE

Banned
good shit djt.
Now am I the only one who hears the chorus of Simon and Garfunkel's - Mrs. Robinson every time lao starts comboing? Kreygasm

D. R.

Noob
Boneshaper Shinnok is one of thes easiest characters to use and win with. Like, his setplay is easy to understand and you don't really have to deviate from it that much.
This whole game is easy and that's part of the fun of it for me. Really doesn't take more than an hour to learn a character. Muscle memory and application is where it gets interesting though to see how much is actually retained.

This whole game is easy and that's part of the fun of it for me. Really doesn't take more than an hour to learn a character. Muscle memory and application is where it gets interesting though to see how much is actually retained.
agreed thats why im picking up kung lao lol. space control is a big deal in this game and kung lao has the best space control. i feel shinnok has very good space control as well

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i regret not entering in this, it was my last chance to show off my Liu Kang before he was "fixed".

D. R.

Noob
Top 8 was pretty ridiculous in general though as everyone was basically safe or left at major adv after almost everything.
Lol My post was more so in jest and partial envy. Yomi has a solid scene so for me to get as far as I did with what little scene I have, I'm content. Wish more people played to win around my area as I hate online with a passion but I digress.

Now Shinnok... Meter burn Hell Spark was a universal buff that all his variations needed to compete with what the meta seemed to be evolving into at the time; chip damage. The restand buff really wasn't needed, I will say that, as he had access to it before the buff, he just wasn't +8 (neutral originally.) It only changed up my gameplan slightly but yeah it was and still is nice. His recent nerf from +24 to +14 really changes nothing for good Shinnok players. Not being biased but the character is fine now. He has lots of rushdown and zone control options but lacks a great wake up and AA options. I'm not downplaying, he's definitely top 10 easily.

I rambled a bit due to being distracted to go see Ted 2 and losing my train of thought but hopefully I made some sense in there.