What's new

Match Footage - High Tech Yo did you guys catch that awesome High Tech Jacqui on stream?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
No? Neither did I, because she sucks. High Tech Jacqui is an execution heavy character with little reward. She is hardly compensated for her massive stamina dependency and t-rex limbs. She's a poor man's Liu Kang or D'Vorah.

Please make Jacqui viable. Basically everything she does everyone else does better.

She needs the following:

- Tech shield has slightly faster startup (9 frames down from 11)
- Tech shield builds 1/4 a bar of meter for successfully absorbing a projectile
- ex bf2 is safe on block (-4)
- f121 comes out on block.
- 4u4 input timing loosened (change to d+f4 PLEASE!!!) and hitbox adjusted to anti-air more consistently
- d2 fixed so IT ACTUALLY ANTI-AIRS
- d3 is 1 frame faster (7 frames down from 8)
- faster d4 (9 frames down from 13)
- Faster startup on gauntlet charge (45 frames down from 60)
- Faster startup on quick burst (10-11 frames down from 15)
- (Non gameplay related) VOs after regular bf4/bf1/bf2

Reasons:

Tech shield in it's current form is not all that useful. Making it slightly faster and having an actual reward would be incredibly helpful. As it stands she gets like 1/10th a bar of meter and is stuck in recovery so long they can often run in and pressure you, even though you did the right thing.

There is literally no use for ex bf2 in it's current state. Since it doesn't grant a combo on hit (while regular one does) it's not too much to ask for this to at least be safe.

What's the point in f121 if it only comes out on hit? It's only +6 and can be tech rolled. There really isn't any reason to use it considering you can hit confirm the string into bf4 anyways. It seems like it's a bug considering there is block advantage listed in the frame data for the full string.

4u4 looks like an anti-air move but the hitbox is wack as hell and the input is stupid.

Shittest d2 in the game is not fair.

Her d3 has terribad range, it doesn't also need to be 8 frames startup.

Again, d4 doesn't have exceptional range, why it is 2 frames slower than Cassie's b1 absolutely perplexes me.

The current startup of gauntlet charge is ridiculous. 45 frames is more than enough considering flame fist buff startup.

Making quick burst faster would help her immensely.

@SaltShaker
@rev0lver
@WidowPuppy
@MsMiharo
@StormGoddess
@Youphemism
@karaokelove
@other Jacqui mains

Last edited:

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Not really aimed at you, but what's with a lot of people feeling that their character is entitled to be top tier? 90% of the time there's gonna be a character that does what yours' does but better.

Why can't people be content with a solid mid tier character nowadays?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Not really aimed at you, but what's with a lot of people feeling that their character is entitled to be top tier? 90% of the time there's gonna be a character that does what yours' does but better.

Because she's not even solid mid tier, and I'd like to see more character variation.

I want Jacqui to have the tools to be viable competitively.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
whoa whoa. Jacqui buffs, now you might be crazy.

Does she has a true run cancel block string that can't be armored out?

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Would love to see some of the lesser used characters played offline at high level, I've never seen anyone who even uses Jacqui stick it out with her in a tourney. Most likely due to lack of some of the above mentioned properties.

Her D3 getting a slightly increased hitbox along with the one frame faster start up is extremely reasonable in my opinion. I would actually suggest her d4 possibly also gain a slightly faster start up, like 10 or even 11 versus the current 13.

Stanky Leg would be great as an [on read] anti air if the hitbox was slightly adjusted. And she is desperate for an on reaction universal anti air that could be viable in HT and SG, that's where the D2 improvement mentioned in the next paragraph would help. And for the love of Jacqui! As stated about the command of this move [4U4], please change this... This move is an outstanding normal, but with not only a special's command, but the most awkward command in the game when needed in pressure situations. I believe the entire Jacqui community agrees that the command is risky, giving you a possible neutral jump if the window is missed. Ouch...

Her D2 suffers terribly with it's current 11 frame start up in a game where jump ins are really strong. [Well, not Jacqui's, hers is terrible] D2 could also use some slight hitbox adjustments.

F121 coming out on block would vastly improve her game, where F12 is one of her best footsie tools and F12~DB2 is duckable [whiffs] while blocking. The last hit is an overhead that literally can not be used as one. The block advantage on the last hit of F121 could be lowered in order balance this. As it stands it's at plus 2 but will not come out on block making the frames in the move list non applicable. I do not think this should be plus on block in any way shape or form, but would love for it to have some purpose.

MB BF2 is currently only used by Jacqui players for a brutality, and she should be able to have one universal safe wake up option at the cost of a bar. Maybe -6/7 isn't asking too much, making it viable against most of the cast.

Tech shield having the slightly faster start up as suggested down from 11 to 9 would be another great addition, and would also just make something unique to this character used more and seen more giving the game a good look as far as showcasing different play styles.

As far as HT and SG are concerned, I'm not familiar enough with those variations but look forward to hearing others opinions on the suggested changes as I'm bound to dabble in these at some point.

These reasonable requests will allow Jacqui to be the bad ass she looks like she was meant to be. Believe me, I am well aware of her strong points, and she is a really solid character in certain aspects. But it's the weak points that are driving players towards other characters.

Would love to see Ms. Briggs get these adjustments and see more people try her out without saying "Next". And, would love to see her on stream in some tournaments being played at a high level. Maybe even by people who tried her and put her on the back burner.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
whoa whoa. Jacqui buffs, now you might be crazy.

Does she has a true run cancel block string that can't be armored out?
She has like 1 or 2 with really strict timing that can't be looped. One comes off her b14 string which has a horrible hitbox.

This variation is truly bottom tier. Shotgun is not far off (maybe worse). It would be so much more interesting to have these variations at least be somewhat competitive.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
No? Neither did I, because she sucks. High Tech Jacqui is an execution heavy character with little reward. She is hardly compensated for her massive stamina dependency and t-rex limbs. She's a poor man's Liu Kang or D'Vorah.

Please make Jacqui viable. Basically everything she does everyone else does better.

She needs the following:

- Tech shield has slightly faster startup (9 frames down from 11)
- Tech shield builds 1/4 a bar of meter for successfully absorbing a projectile
- ex bf2 is safe on block (-4)
- f121 comes out on block.
- 4u4 input timing loosened (change to d+f4 PLEASE!!!) and hitbox adjusted to anti-air more consistently
- d2 fixed so IT ACTUALLY ANTI-AIRS
- d3 is 1 frame faster (7 frames down from 8)
- Faster startup on gauntlet charge (45 frames down from 60)
- Faster startup on quick burst (10-11 frames down from 15)
- (Non gameplay related) VOs after regular bf4/bf1/bf2

Reasons:

Tech shield in it's current form is not all that useful. Making it slightly faster and having an actual reward would be incredibly helpful. As it stands she gets like 1/10th a bar of meter and is stuck in recovery so long they can often run in and pressure you, even though you did the right thing.

There is literally no use for ex bf2 in it's current state. Since it doesn't grant a combo on hit (while regular one does) it's not too much to ask for this to at least be safe.

What's the point in f121 if it only comes out on hit? It's only +6 and can be tech rolled. There really isn't any reason to use it considering you can hit confirm the string into bf4 anyways. It seems like it's a bug considering there is block advantage listed in the frame data for the full string.

4u4 looks like an anti-air move but the hitbox is wack as hell and the input is stupid.

Shittest d2 in the game is not fair.

Her d3 has terribad range, it doesn't also need to be 8 frames startup.

The current startup of gauntlet charge is ridiculous. 45 frames is more than enough considering flame fist buff startup.

Making quick burst faster would help her immensely.
Finally, someone kindhearted on TYM. I'm going crazy.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Full-Auto is viable. But High-Tech and shotgun are both bad. I actually enjoy using HT over FA, but this variation is pretty much not worthy on its current state (at least against good players).
I agree on those buffs!! The universal ones are not even that bad. Except that I think her absorb's meter gain on successful absorb should stay the same in Full-Auto, but give her more meter gain in HT/SG. The start up and recovery should definitely get fixed.

Would love to see some of the lesser used characters played offline at high level, I've never seen anyone who even uses Jacqui stick it out with her in a tourney. Most likely due to lack of some of the above mentioned properties.

Her D3 getting a slightly increased hitbox along with the one frame faster start up is extremely reasonable in my opinion. I would even go as far as possibly suggesting her d4 also gain a slightly faster start up, like 11 or even 12 versus the current 13.

Stanky leg would be great as an anti air if the hitbox was slightly adjusted and she is desperate for a universal anti air that could be viable in HT and SG. And for the love of Jacqui, yes please... This move is an outstanding normal, but with not only a special's command, but the most awkward command in the game when needed in pressure situations. I believe the entire Jacqui community agrees that the command is risky, giving you a possible neutral jump if the window is missed. Ouch...

Her D2 suffers terribly with it's current 11 frame start up in a game where jump ins are really strong. Also could use some hitbox adjustments.

F121 coming out on block would vastly improve her game, where F12 is one of her best footsie tools and F12~DB2 is duckable [whiffs] while blocking. The last hit is an overhead that literally can not be used as one. The block advantage on the last hit of F121 could be lowered in order balance this. As it stands it's at plus 2 but will not come out on block making the frames in the move list non applicable. I do not think this should be plus in any way shape or form, but would love for it to have some purpose.

MB BF2 is currently only used by Jacqui players for a brutality, and she should be able to have one universal safe wake up option at the cost of a bar. Maybe -6/7 isn't asking too much, making it viable against most of the cast.

Tech shield having the slightly faster start up as suggested down from 11 to 9 would be another great addition, and would also just make something unique to this character used more and seen more giving the game a good look as far as showcasing different play styles.

As far as HT and SG are concerned, I'm not familiar enough with those variations but look forward to hearing others opinions on the suggested changes as I'm bound to dabble in these at some point.

These reasonable requests will allow Jacqui to be the bad ass she looks like she was meant to be. Believe me, I am well aware of her strong points, and she is a really solid character in certain aspects. But it's the weak points that are driving players towards other characters.

Would love to see Ms. Briggs get these adjustments and see more people try her out without saying "Next", and would love to see her on stream in some tournaments being played at a high level. Maybe even by people who tried her and put her on the back burner.

What do you guys think?
Very reasonable buffs sir

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
She has like 1 or 2 with really strict timing that can't be looped. One comes off her b14 string which has a horrible hitbox.

This variation is truly bottom tier. Shotgun is not far off (maybe worse). It would be so much more interesting to have these variations at least be somewhat competitive.
Exactly this.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
The neglect for Jacqui is a total joke on NRSs side. We have seen a few updates with character changes, yet Jacqui, who is arguably the worst in the game, remains all around terrible. Why even waste a roster slot on her when NRS doesn't even give a shit about the character.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
The neglect for Jacqui is a total joke on NRSs side. We have seen a few updates with character changes, yet Jacqui, who is arguably the worst in the game, remains all around terrible. Why even waste a roster slot on her when NRS doesn't even give a shit about the character.
Although I admire your desire for Jacqui to be better, as I totally agree with Pan1cmode's original post. She is far from the worst character in the game, but... she is seriously lacking in the above mentioned specifics that would lead people [after trying her] to believe this to be true. That and the lack of current representation that will undoubtedly continue in her current state, especially as other chosen characters grow stronger. As far as neglect of her by NRS [as you stated]... they are definitely busy working hard on balancing as we can see from a number of character changes. The prior updates to Jacqui were more so fixes than buffs, and the "buffs" being suggested here, will in no way send her from her current tier to leaps above. Hoping that Jacqui can get a little of the love suggested here though so she's not viewed in a "Who's Jacqui" kind of way.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
As a high-tech user, the title got me butthurt..

But yeah outside of Full-Auto Jacqui blows lol, Shotgun is okaaaay but high-tech is really lacking.
Like after seeing the Liu flame fist buff I don't see how they can't give Jacqui's gauntlet buff quicker start-up/recovery, especially that Jacqui doesnt get as good of a chip damage threat and doesn't have fullscreen options that get jacked up with the gauntlet buff..

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
OMG also I forgot... The lack of AA as Jacqui is dumb, people can jump like idios for free against her, it makes me soooo salty. Like, I can understand Full-Auto having to make a read to AA, but in shotgun and High-tech? Really? I mean her DF2 in high tech is an ok AA but it's so inconsistent. And lol at shotgun not even having a wannabe AA like her other 2 variations.

omooba

fear the moobs

the dream is for every character to be top tier. i don't think the community should settle for anything less especially this early in the game