What's new

Ya boi Soup is transforming (Fitness Discussion)

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
Can someone please help me get big. I weigh about 135 and have no idea what I'm doing. Here's my current pic
Was that really you??? You're fucking huge now hahaha. I don't think I could ever be as big as you, but I did really like seeing your progression when you were training for competitions

Insuperable

@Insuperable

Keep at it man. You know the basics and that will take you far. Key things I tell people.

1) Consistency is better than just about everything
2) Know your goal
3) Have a good plan

I read the OP and some of the posts in here. What is your goal?
My only goal is to have a body that's aesthetically pleasing. I want to be healthy (I want to do a lot of cardio, but I don't plan on doing marathons. I do wish to be able to run 6-8 miles consistently, though), I want to stay proportionate, and I want to stay slimish. The only goals I have in weights are 200lb bench, 225lb squat, and a decent deadlift. I've never done a deadlift before, so I don't really know what a good number would be.
I really want to get my weight to around 160-170 pounds, but I also don't know what % body fat I have at the moment, so I can't say where I want to be for that.

Marvaz

come at me
Was that really you??? You're fucking huge now hahaha. I don't think I could ever be as big as you, but I did really like seeing your progression when you were training for competitions
What you talking about? I have never competed. I would love to one day in a NATURAL league, non of that NPC or IFBB bull shit that use steriods. And That is me, right now. I need help. Please help me.

Insuperable

What you talking about? I have never competed. I would love to one day in a NATURAL league, non of that NPC or IFBB bull shit that use steriods. And That is me, right now. I need help. Please help me.
I'm the one asking for help! hahahaha

Wasn't it you posting about competing on MKU, though? Or was it that Aure guy??

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
My only goal is to have a body that's aesthetically pleasing. I want to be healthy (I want to do a lot of cardio, but I don't plan on doing marathons. I do wish to be able to run 6-8 miles consistently, though), I want to stay proportionate, and I want to stay slimish. The only goals I have in weights are 200lb bench, 225lb squat, and a decent deadlift. I've never done a deadlift before, so I don't really know what a good number would be.
I really want to get my weight to around 160-170 pounds, but I also don't know what % body fat I have at the moment, so I can't say where I want to be for that.
Those are very reachable goals. If you have lower back issues avoid dead lifts. Finding your body fat % is more important than anything. A good BF range is 8-12%. At the 10% mark you should have a 6 pack and 8% you will have obliques.

My suggestion for you is to not go by anyones suggested weight. Do all your sets at 12x3 and write down the weight. Then the next week do 10x3 but incease weight, then the following week do 8x3.

The best rep range for muscle growth is 12-8. Also on your first exersice of a muscle group do a mojor compound movement for 4 sets then head into your isolation exercises.

Try to seperate your workouy with push/pull days as well.

Chest/Tri/Calves
Cardio
Back/Bi/Abs
Cardio
Shoulders/Traps/Calves
Cardio
Legs/Abs
Cardio

Is my training spilt.

Insuperable

Those are very reachable goals. If you have lower back issues avoid dead lifts. Finding your body fat % is more important than anything. A good BF range is 8-12%. At the 10% mark you should have a 6 pack and 8% you will have obliques.

My suggestion for you is to not go by anyones suggested weight. Do all your sets at 12x3 and write down the weight. Then the next week do 10x3 but incease weight, then the following week do 8x3.

The best rep range for muscle growth is 12-8. Also on your first exersice of a muscle group do a mojor compound movement for 4 sets then head into your isolation exercises.

Chest/Tri/Calves
Cardio
Back/Bi/Abs
Cardio
Shoulders/Traps/Calves
Cardio
Legs/Abs
Cardio

Is my training spilt.
I have no lower back issues, but I've never done a deadlift and I don't want to just go out and try it on my own. I've watched a lot of videos, but I feel like I need someone to physically show me how to do one properly. My friend is gonna be showing me how to do them tomorrow, so hopefully I can start putting numbers up.
I usually do my first set at either slightly lower, or normal, set. If I can do 12 fairly easily, I'll go up in weight and go for 10 reps, then either go up for 8 or stay and do 10 more. Is that okay, or does that affect anything??
I will definitely try out that split next week and come back with feedback!
Is there a "best" way to calculate BF%? I know @AK L0rdoftheFLY was able to help Pig calculate this, so he could answer this as well.
Thank you both for the suggestions/feedback!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Deadlift may cause more injuries than most other exercises but it is actually a very common exercises used to treat back pain...with lower weight, higher reps and better form. Typically, during a deadlift, the transverse abdominus needs to be activated to lower your risk of injury.

Why? If i were him I would stay in the 10-15 range. Once in a while going heavier is ok but not necessary for the goals he is looking for. His strength goals he will probably hit within 6 months but the body weight increase will take much longer.

Studies are showing ideal rep range is 12-15 reps at muscle exhaustion.

Chest/Tri/Calves
Cardio
Back/Bi/Abs
Cardio
Shoulders/Traps/Calves
Cardio
Legs/Abs
Cardio

Is my training spilt.
There are hundreds of different splits you can do. It comes down to how often you have gym time. How many days a week is your minimum?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Sure thing champ.
ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) certified for 6 years.
Personal training for 7 years (3 different gyms)
Bachelors degree sports medicine Kennesaw State U
Masters degree Kinesiology Kennesaw State U

Got bored of lifting stuff and started a business.

Have fun though champ. I'm out. Sorry soup. If you want real info just pm me or Decay or TTG. Most people on here are just giving you their personal routine.

GGA Wafflez

the kid
yo soup, im right there with ya bud. but really a lot of what you gain or plan to gain (or loose) is done in the kitchen. also, you can look up what ever you want on the internet, but i suggest you make your own work out, obviously targeting different areas of your body each day, cause everyone is different. most efficient exercises are military press, squating, dead lifting, and pullups. good luck breh