What's new

XBOX 360 Controller D-Pad Fix

Ok so I was fed up with my D-PAD being shitty. I thought it was wierd that when I bought I brand new 360 wired controller, that the D-PAD was bad from the beginning. The reason the D-PAD is bad is because the buttons are hitting the side of the controller. There's a way to sand it to make it 100X better than it is (or so I hear).

http://www.ufighterx.com/guides/videogame/360dpadfix/360dpadfix.htm

I'm currently doing this, so I haven't tested it yet. I only have thin sandpaper so it'll take me awhile.

NOTE: Doing this voids your warranty.

I have finished with this fix, and my d-pad is soo much better. It went from 15%, to 90% accurate (ex. when I jump, I actually jump; or when I do a spear, it actually works). But due to the design of the controller, it's still not 100% accurate, but it's way better than it was. I recommend everyone here who uses a d-pad to do this.

So now my only excuse for losing is delay, haha! :)

I have finished with this fix, and my d-pad is soo much better. It went from 15%, to 90% accurate (ex. when I jump, I actually jump; or when I do a spear, it actually works). But due to the design of the controller, it's still not 100% accurate, but it's way better than it was. I recommend everyone here who uses a d-pad to do this.

So now my only excuse for losing is delay, haha! :)
-_-

Enigma

Noob
If you had to take it back, I doubt anyone would notice or even give a damn that you sanded the d-pad shell down.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Tim, that default pic you have is the best!! LMAO! hp,hp,pickle,cheese to bun,lp, bun,bun,pickle,ketchup,hk!

im am waiting for this product....dual shock ps2 conbtroller on 360 (best d-pad ever!)

http://www.xcm.cc/XFPS_3.0_Sniper.htm
Yeah, you gotta love that Mac on Mac violence. ;)

Anyways, that thing is cool, but fighting games are the only thing I would want to play on a DS2 or DS3. Any kind of shooter or sports game, especially with analog controls, I'd take the 360 pad anyday. But Dual Shocks are perfect for the fighters.....but still, this is what you need:

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Yeah, you gotta love that Mac on Mac violence. ;)

Anyways, that thing is cool, but fighting games are the only thing I would want to play on a DS2 or DS3. Any kind of shooter or sports game, especially with analog controls, I'd take the 360 pad anyday. But Dual Shocks are perfect for the fighters.....but still, this is what you need:

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
damn dude, this shit is starting to get expensive, now that you showed me that stick, i need one! i want the converter and the stick,damn!!!

as far as the mac on mac violence, macintosh plays winner!

Tim Static

Adminerator
damn dude, this shit is starting to get expensive, now that you showed me that stick, i need one! i want the converter and the stick,damn!!!

as far as the mac on mac violence, macintosh plays winner!
Dont forget about...

Yeah, but seriously, save up for that 360/PS3 stick dude. Best money ever spent ;)