What's new

Tech Wonder Woman's Instant J1 Pressure and Bounce Cancels

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
The first half of the video is showing how to apply pressure with B1 and Instant Air J1 into Divebomb. It's great to use against fuzzy guarders expecting a standard high/low mixup, and it leaves you with frame advantage. Credits to Sonic Fox's older twin brother.

The other half of the video is a branch off a thread I saw about bounce canceling Instant Air Demigoddess (Thanks @P2W ) but I wasn't sure if people knew it works with J1. This is good because people will respect the J1 in fear of the Amazonian Smash, and when they try to counterpoke on her landing, they will get hit by the MBB3 or F3. Disclaimer: [Situational and punishable.]

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Great idea, but would the opponent not be aware enough to counterpoke if the Amazonian Smash doesn't come out? Or would you just delay the Amazonian Smash? Wonder Woman's j1 is -16 and that's going to be more negative if you hit them on the way up, that's why I'm wondering.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Great idea, but would the opponent not be aware enough to counterpoke if the Amazonian Smash doesn't come out? Or would you just delay the Amazonian Smash? Wonder Woman's j1 is -16 and that's going to be more negative if you hit them on the way up, that's why I'm wondering.
Poor Harley it's the battle series all over again :( but seriously that's cool.
Harley can actually get out of this on hit or block with a D2. Either you anti air her completely or it's 2 hits and breaks armor. It comes down to a guess. People are less likely to poke WW in the air out of fear of the Divebomb. It's just another thing to think about.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
B2 is not punishable, 33 is + on block. This is pointless.

You're mbing it and you have a gap between j1 divebomb.

Overall, there is a better mixup in B2/33
I had it on meterburn to show the crossup potential. No one's forcing you to use this. If you don't like it, ignore it.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Harley can actually get out of this on hit or block with a D2. Either you anti air her completely or it's 2 hits and breaks armor. It comes down to a guess. People are less likely to poke WW in the air out of fear of the Divebomb. It's just another thing to think about.
Yea that's one good about her d2 that it breaks armor

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
@Filipino Man has been doing this for months I don't understand why you keep posting "new tech" that's been around forever. Like I get that you're fiending for props but oh my goodness. You're just spamming the forums at this point.

4x4lo8o

Noob
@Filipino Man has been doing this for months I don't understand why you keep posting "new tech" that's been around forever. Like I get that you're fiending for props but oh my goodness. You're just spamming the forums at this point.
It's better than 75% of the stuff that gets posted to this site. He's at least posting videos and attempting to put forward gameplay discussion.

Admittedly this one's pretty fucking old, but he didn't go out of his way to claim the tech is new or groundbreaking or even that he found or should get credit, so what's the point in giving him flack about it not being new?

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
It's better than 75% of the stuff that gets posted to this site. He's at least posting videos and attempting to put forward gameplay discussion.

Admittedly this one's pretty fucking old, but he didn't go out of his way to claim the tech is new or groundbreaking or even that he found or should get credit, so what's the point in giving him flack about it not being new?
Then post it in the character's general discussion. Don't make 50 different threads. It's pretty obvious that he's fishing for props and it makes the forum extremely obnoxious.

Youphemism

Poor @Dark Kent :( props for posting this, yes j1 divebomb is old but the different ways to mix up after j1 are new to a lot of the others on TYM. This is probably the reason sonicfox isn't posting stuff, all the people backlashing (that's a word right?).

We're just curious man, we want to know all it's holes and its problems otherwise we'd probably all be crying "broke!". Because, you know, a lot of people on this website are going to cry that things are broke *cough*Batgirl*cough* that they haven't taken into the lab and found ways around themselves first. That's why I made a huge in-depth guide about the WoWo tech I posted, so people wouldn't need to criticise or ask questions because I'd already explained everything and found everything for them :)

Edit: Also normal Amazonian Smash is +6, by MBing it you're actually making it -4 as far as I'm aware :confused:

4x4lo8o

Noob
Then post it in the character's general discussion. Don't make 50 different threads. It's pretty obvious that he's fishing for props and it makes the forum extremely obnoxious.
There's a maximum of 3-5 people who follow any given general discussion thread and those are the same people who probably already know. Come on, I bet you've posted stuff in the Doomsday general discussion thread before and then later seen someone make a thread(or even better posting about it later on in the same general discussion thread) claiming credit for it or asking if it's known. I know it's happened to me on multiple occasions with Ares.

No one's gonna see shit you post if it gets buried on page 37 of a 50 page long general discussion thread. The Wonder Woman general forums is an appropriate place for this and even if he's props fishing people who might be looking for this or benefit from it will see it

Last edited:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
There's a maximum of 3-5 people who follow any given general discussion thread and those are the same people and those are the same people who probably already know. Come on, I bet you've posted stuff in the Doomsday general discussion thread before and then later seen someone make a thread(or even better posting about it later on in the same general discussion thread) claiming credit for it or asking if it's known. I know it's happened to me on multiple occasions with Ares.
No one's gonna see shit you post if it get buried on page 37 of a 50 page long general discussion thread. The Wonder Woman general forums is an appropriate place for this and even if he's props fishing people who might be looking for this or benefit from it will see it
People asked for all of Sonic Fox's character tech to be shared after he revealed he's known about the Frost Freeze for awhile. We just sit in training mode for hours and upload things people might find interesting. The stupidity you're responding to is the whole reason he doesn't post tech on the forums. I don't blame him at all.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Poor @Dark Kent :( props for posting this, yes j1 divebomb is old but the different ways to mix up after j1 are new to a lot of the others on TYM. This is probably the reason sonicfox isn't posting stuff, all the people backlashing (that's a word right?).

We're just curious man, we want to know all it's holes and its problems otherwise we'd probably all be crying "broke!". Because, you know, a lot of people on this website are going to cry that things are broke *cough*Batgirl*cough* that they haven't taken into the lab and found ways around themselves first. That's why I made a huge in-depth guide about the WoWo tech I posted, so people wouldn't need to criticise or ask questions because I'd already explained everything and found everything for them :)

Edit: Also normal Amazonian Smash is +6, by MBing it you're actually making it -4 as far as I'm aware :confused:
Yeah thanks, and that's fine. The only thing that bothers me is when the condescending assholes come in and say "Derp Day 1 tech" when no thread was ever posted. As for the Divebomb, I know, I just meterburned it for the crossup.

Youphemism

Yeah thanks, and that's fine. The only thing that bothers me is when the condescending assholes come in and say "Derp Day 1 tech" when no thread was ever posted. As for the Divebomb, I know, I just meterburned it for the crossup.
There's always one TYMer that "knew about it" -_- aw ok I was talking about the first one that got blocked, but I get you now