What's new

WNF featuring MK9, "in an effort to keep the NRS presence at Super Arcade"

Cash

Noob
So, last week was the saddest attendance I had ever seen for Injustice in the history of WNF. So in an effort to keep the NRS presence at Super Arcade I've reached out to Mike Watson and asked if we could run Mortal Kombat 9 at Super Arcade, to which he agreed. I do this to keep NRS community relevant in the West Coast and to make sure that we have a strong presence leading up to MKX. Now, I'm not expecting this to save the Injustice side but it does give the NRS side of the community an option to get in local play in an otherwise Capcom dominated region and to hopefully generate more revenue for the arcade that has done so much for us. I know people aren't willing to drive just for Injustice but if MK9 is there they may travel for that and while they are there they may enter Injustice as well.

To offer incentive for people to show up for MK9 and hopefully Injustice I will through the help of @FRQGaming sponsors donate a Pair of LSTN Headphones, a Case of GENX Energy drink, a pair of NoScope gaining glasses and $300 season pot bonus to the winner of the MK9 season (if our numbers are strong). I'm not expecting a huge turnout for this week but I think next week we could see a big turnout. For those of you worried about getting a copy of the game to Super I will Donate a Copy of MK9 Komplete edition (XBOX 360) to Super to ensure that the community is not relying on one person to bring MK9. SoCal don't let the NRS community be labeled as people who don't support their games and only come out when a new game comes out. Lets try and keep our community alive and hopefully bring in new blood.

sa.jpg

@EGP Wonder_Chef
@RDK|Tyrant
@EMPEROR_THEO
@Red Reaper
@SatsuiYesHadou
@Son ov Timett
@WhatsHerName
@Krayzie
@CrimsonShadow
@STORMS

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Last edited by a moderator:

usbigboy

You weren't on frame bro
I apologize for not pulling enough strings to get to WNF more I'll be there this week and hopefully every week from now on. Thank you cash for the effort

Cash

Noob
Man your doing alot cash. I hope everyone down there follows your lead
Thanks man I try! To be honest I'm not proficient in MK9 so this will help me get better lol As far as the tournament goes I'm not too much into competing anymore I'm usually busy running my team and working but I do go to super and enter every week that I can. I have friends in the SF community that have interest in MK9 so that they can play MKX and they might not be as inclined to play if our community is non existent or toxic . I hope this motivates people and we can maintain a solid entrance of like 20 people lol

4x4lo8o

Noob
This is great, I really hope the SoCal scene can pull through until MKX. Hopefully between this and some hype from Summer Jam and WCW it'll give the scene the boost it needs. I've had a ton of fun playing and hanging out with all the guys from SoCal, I'm really sad to see the scene dying

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Maybe I'll go for MK, but I don't have a ride. I'm staying out in Yucaipa (right off the 10, east of San Bernardino) for the next month or so. Anyone coming from that direction?