What's new

Will There Be Stage Fatalities?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Have I missed something?

It seems like everything major in the scope of MK reality/possibility, from basic combat to the story, from online play to factions, from the cast to meter-burning to Onaga and back, has either been confirmed, deconfirmed or discussed at one point or another by now.
Everything except one topic whose still-glaring absence has thrown me for a loop.

No pits or stage finishers.

I know in the most recent leak of details that Stage Brutalities were made mention of, which at the least means that we're going to see the interactibles system turned lethal and used like the Death Traps from MKD/MKA (
omfg I wonder if you'll be able to kill someone with Blanche), but there hasn't been so much as a whisper or hint of classic stage finishers or any level that resemble a new or classic pit.
Out of all the MK titles, only Deadly Alliance had no stage kills to speak of whatsoever, but the fact that we're this close to release and still haven't heard or seen a thing on the subject leads me to believe that either Stage Brutalities are going to be the new Death Traps and there won't be any conventional pit kills, or they're keeping it as under wraps as humanly possible.

Thoughts?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Uh probably. I think they'll be replaced with the interactable brutalities or whatever they're called but honestly, if you're on this site as much as some of the people here then you'd know that we don't know. And if some of we don't know then some of we needs to start sharing information. Sharing is caring! Unless it's pirating. Then it's illegally caring for sharing.

wot?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Uh probably. I think they'll be replaced with the interactable brutalities or whatever they're called but honestly, if you're on this site as much as some of the people here then you'd know that we don't know. And if some of we don't know then some of we needs to start sharing information. Sharing is caring! Unless it's pirating. Then it's illegally caring for sharing.

wot?
You just fucking blew my mind.

But you're a fellow Stunt Double, so I appreciate your confusing wisdom.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
I wonder if they'll work like regular brutalities.

Like they have a requirement in order to work, or will they have a standard input like fatalities.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I wonder if they'll work like regular brutalities.

Like they have a requirement in order to work, or will they have a standard input like fatalities.
Probably more like Brutalities... If they were like Fatalities, they would have just called them "Stage Fatalities" like usual. Like others said, they probably have something to do with interactables.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Probably more like Brutalities... If they were like Fatalities, they would have just called them "Stage Fatalities" like usual. Like others said, they probably have something to do with interactables.
That's what I'm thinking. That's how it worked in the 3D games...there were no conventional stage finishes like MK9, you had to go through the motions of setting up the finish, and they all ranged in difficulty. Some were complicated as fuck (ala the Foundry or the Dark Prison that had a transition and only one wall for the Trap) and some were painfully easy (ala the Falling Cliffs or the Dead Pool where all sides led to certain death).

I'm really hype to see the Sky Temple return :D. I'm hoping we'll eventually get some DLC stages and get some throwbacks. Say what you will about the 3D games, but they had some of the most awesome stages in MK history.

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
They should have stages where you can accidentally kill yourself, like fall in the water and drown, and it'd be called "Stupidity".

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Stage Brutalities are the new Stage Fatalities. Throwing Blanche at people so hard their body explodes FTW.
Now.. If Blanche AND your opponent explode into gory goodness... I'm okay with that.

OR
If BLANCHE and ONLY BLANCHE explode into gory goodness.. I okay with that as well

*Perform hidden stage fatality on Krossroads*

Achievement Unlocked: "And I'm gonna miss everybody. And I'm gonna miss everybody."

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I don't think I did a single stage fatality in the entire time I played MK9. lmao

So, I mean, I won't really care. lol

Although... some Klassic Stages would be cool.

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
I think there will be Stage fatalities cause he didn't deny it, and there will be a def STAGE ANIMALITIES cause each stage got a type of animal or 2