What's new

Why we love Mortal Kombat X

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu
Hey all,

I have to admit that I see a lot of complaining in here. "This is broken", "Buff/nerf X" , "50/50 game only" and what not. It's so much until the point I ask myself "Why do these people even bother playing?"

I love MKX and I would like to see others express there passion aswell. Shouldn't be this the one thing that connects as kombatants?

Feel free to express why you love MKX, short or long, your choice!

I love MKX because the roughness in the game. I get the feeling that every fight is a battle between life and death. The setting is perfect, the graphic, background music, style of the characters. No other Beat 'em Up can give me that feeling.

It makes me focus, makes my heart beat faster, makes me sweat.

ARISE!

Hey all,

I have to admit that I see a lot of complaining in here. "This is broken", "Buff/nerf X" , "50/50 game only" and what not. It's so much until the point I ask myself "Why do these people even bother playing?"

I love MKX and I would like to see others express there passion aswell. Shouldn't be this the one thing that connects as kombatants?

Feel free to express why you love MKX, short or long, your choice!

I love MKX because the roughness in the game. I get the feeling that every fight is a battle between life and death. The setting is perfect, the graphic, background music, style of the characters. No other Beat 'em Up can give me that feeling.

It makes me focus, makes my heart beat faster, makes me sweat.

ARISE!
The problem is, it's because of the constant moaning, nerf this, blah, blah shit by idiotic people is what's ruining the game. Plus the hostile attitude you see in these boards is a laughing stock in reality when you sum it all up. You just don't see this on other FG's.

I love the game and think it's excellent, yet lately I'm finding myself having no drive to play it. I tend to enjoy watching it more on streams or pre-recorded tournaments lately.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Part of it for me is pure nostalgia. I grew up with MK (even if I didn't play every version that came out.) I love the characters, the silly story, and the over the top violence.

I also think they did a good job with MKX in making every character appealing. The fighting system itself is pretty interesting to me. I skipped Injustice so a lot of it is new to me. I've also been pleasantly surprised by how viable each character is in the game.

Studying up on the tech and practicing execution keeps me interested, while watching streamers and tournaments keeps the fire alive.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
The problem is, it's because of the constant moaning, nerf this, blah, blah shit by idiotic people is what's ruining the game. Plus the hostile attitude you see in these boards is a laughing stock in reality when you sum it all up. You just don't see this on other FG's.

I love the game and think it's excellent, yet lately I'm finding myself having no drive to play it. I tend to enjoy watching it more on streams or pre-recorded tournaments lately.
Have you been to any Street fighter forum or r/Kappa? Those fuckers have zero respect for anyone and will constantly bitch about everything.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
The sound effects and 'feel' of the game are what I like. It's just.. Meaty.

I have a ton of gripes, but mkx introduced me to fighting games and for that reason alone it will hold a place in my heart.

In all honesty, I don't really play any more, but I am watching the game, keeping up with tournament footage and hoping as the game fleshes out and various adjustments are made, I will see some of the things that pushed me out get changed. Then I will happily return, pick up and learn Kano and polish my Cassie.

ando1184

Noob
Characters are awesome and original, well that is, the OG ones and some of the new ones. Visuals and sound is really cool too, and the variation system really brings out more variety (when/if used or explored). I mean there are a lot of stupid things in this game like crappy netcode, throw immune stuff, wonky hitbox issues, glitchy interactables, overwhelming plethora of safe 50/50's and combo starters, but DEEP DEEP under that it's just plain fun. That's probably why I stick to it anyway, it's fun factor is really high.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
This is something I forgot to add..

But the execution wall is considerably lower in mkx and I appreciate that greeat deal. I feel like execution should have its place, but the requirements of games like sf4 and such are frustrating to me. I know what needs to be done, I read my opponent, my setup worked to perfection, whatever, I played right, now it's time to capitalize..

Nope, I dropped the second one frame link in the same damn combo.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
All the characters have personality and story mode just adds to that, unlike something like say soul caliber where everyone wants to win because they get a fancy sword, mk characters all have their own motivations. Plus unique abilities like controlling elements, bugs, martial arts weapons or just being big and hitting people hard. everyone has kind of their own style of play.

rafaw

#YouSuck
Bc of the gore, music, caracters, i love it since MK1, but this doesnt mean that theres a lot of bullshit in the gameplay... bc theres a lot :D

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
All the characters have personality and story mode just adds to that, unlike something like say soul caliber where everyone wants to win because they get a fancy sword, mk characters all have their own motivations. Plus unique abilities like controlling elements, bugs, martial arts weapons or just being big and hitting people hard. everyone has kind of their own style of play.
Kinda what I was getting at, yet explained way better. haha

Well done.