What's new

Why does Superman not feel super?

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
I have over 25 online wins with Superman and over 5 hours of practice with him offline. Why does his damage suck so bad without using MB? I can get 11-14 hit combos that do . . wait for it . . 29% damage! At the same time I can pull off 11-14 hit combos with Wonder Woman, Grundy etc and get 45%+? Why is Superman so damn weak?!

Now let's look at this a little further. To get long combos with Superman it requires far more precision than any other character I have played. He has great juggle potential but the timing is very strict. He has several juggle starters and AA options but to extend them you have to time scoop perfectly, which is far harder than the other characters I have played. Not to mention the negative edge I constantly get because of the F2, D1, 3 combo.

Also, Superman can not combo into a B3 or F3. Unless I've missed something. Every character I have played has the option to combo into big damage B3 or F3 wall bounces. Again, the only way Superman can use this ability that is available to the rest of the case is by using MB.

Yes, Superman can get in the 40-50%+ range with a MB or 2 but why make his combos and power so much weaker than the rest of the cast? I mean really, you have to work your ass off to get anywhere near 30% without MB.

"But Superman can Zone!" - So can Deathstroke, GL, Sinestro etc but their combo damage is far greater than Supermans.

I'm a little disappointed in NRS right now. The strongest man in the world cant break 30% without using MB? Not to mention his combos are tougher than most of the cast.

I'm sure adding his trait to these combos will even out the damage with the rest of the cast but why should Superman have to use his trait just to be even with everyone else's damage potential? How come they get good damage and an ADDITIONAL trait power to assist them.

At least we have the best Super in the game!

If I just suck at this game please let me know. I really feel like Superman got the shaft though.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
His trait also breaks armor. I don't know much about the game so I can't really speculate on superman.

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
His trait also breaks armor. I don't know much about the game so I can't really speculate on superman.
True, extremely useful against Doomsday. I have rarely used it to try and break through opponents armored attacks. I can see where that is extremely useful once you learn all the matchups.

Death

Noob
With how OP zoning is and all the bs with interactables Superman is actually lucky he has all that air mobility. He literally cannot be zoned out which is pretty huge in this game. But other than that hes pretty meh.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Also, Superman can not combo into a B3 or F3. Unless I've missed something. Every character I have played has the option to combo into big damage B3 or F3 wall bounces. Again, the only way Superman can use this ability that is available to the rest of the case is by using MB.

He can but it's veeeerrrrryyyy hard to do, hold on, I'll upload me doing it.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Because he would be broke. His corner damage easily makes up for it and hit confirm into trait to get really good damage. If he had higher damage just normally he would be able to probably get 80% corner combos and 60% midscreen with trait and mb. He is too super you just have to find your power with him

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
With how OP zoning is and all the bs with interactables Superman is actually lucky he has all that air mobility. He literally cannot be zoned out which is pretty huge in this game. But other than that hes pretty meh.
His zoning is good and he is very hard to out zone. The only real problem with his zoning is if you miss an air beam they will be on your ass waiting for you when he gets done floating to the ground.

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
Because he would be broke. His corner damage easily makes up for it and hit confirm into trait to get really good damage. If he had higher damage just normally he would be able to probably get 80% corner combos and 60% midscreen with trait and mb. He is too super you just have to find your power with him
Perhaps I need to mess around with his trait a little more then. I do like his combo starters and his corner pressure, I'm sure I could squeeze his trait in there and see what the numbers start to look like.

Death

Noob
His zoning is good and he is very hard to out zone. The only real problem with his zoning is if you miss an air beam they will be on your ass waiting for you when he gets done floating to the ground.
With superman you have to zone smart but yeah instant air heat vision is so good vs zoning characters. He cannot get outzoned and honestly in this game thats an amazing ability to have. But yeah you have to be smart with your zoning. The start up is pretty slow so you have to read your opponent more so. If you get careless with the heat vision the other player can just block it and dash up and AA you.

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
I got the guide book and here is a one bar 35% according to it, 22~ low scoop 1~ super break mb b3 j3 b23~ flying punch
Have no idea how viable that is btw

Edit: didn't see without meter burn in the post, but raven gets like nothing without meter either
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Solo

Shadow Priest
Only certain people can touch him full screen. IMO, Raven is the perfect counter for Superman.

I'm quite satisfied with Superman's weak combos with meter.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Only certain people can touch him full screen. IMO, Raven is the perfect counter for Superman.

I'm quite satisfied with Superman's weak combos with meter.

I agree, Raven is such a hassle against Supes. For me at least.

Edit: To answer "Why does Superman not feel super?", it's because he's always holding back lol.

Malec

Noob
alot of chars use their trait and/or MB to get high damage combos, i dont see any problems with that so far. the game is 2 days old and we all know shit.
beeing able to zone as good as superman and still be good in close range with safe strings and a trait that ignores armor is much more viable than having combos that do what? 5-15% more damage?
people should stop think one-dimensional and dont just complain about what their chars DONT have.

ps. deathstroke, sinestro and gl damage got nerfed

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
I normally don't have too much trouble with Deathstroke. I have yet to face a Raven player online.