What's new

Question - Summoner Why Does Quan Chi Need This?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I can't help but notice that you only fight with black people on this site. (MK9: Scar, Injustice: Murk, MKX: DMS). I think somebody might be a lil racist...
da fuq? no...not it at all. I also never had any beef with Scar in MK9. Murk had beef with me not the other way around.
.... I don't know if you quoted the wrong post or not, but the one you did quote I think is practically aimed entirely at you...
i quoted the right post and i don't think i'm the only one he could have been referring to.

This "buff" is being blown WAYY out of proportion and for god sake's blow me up in 2 months if you have to, but this is not nearly as great as people are making it out to be. His d1 buff was needed I personally think, and his charged b2 was literally useless before, so they gave it a use.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
This "buff" is being blown WAYY out of proportion and for god sake's blow me up in 2 months if you have to, but this is not nearly as great as people are making it out to be. His d1 buff was needed I personally think, and his charged b2 was literally useless before, so they gave it a use.
don't worry...DMS will blow me up first IF this ends up being his go to setup. your gonna be scotch free.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I keep seeing QC players (and Qc players ONLY) saying his D1 buff is currently needed... why? Can a single one of you give a compelling argument as to why?

I keep seeing QC players (and Qc players ONLY) saying his D1 buff is currently needed... why? Can a single one of you give a compelling argument as to why?
Maybe the same reason everybody forgets how Quan was utterly dismantled at Evo top 8, and it wasn't even Summoner smh. And don't confuse this with downplaying, just saying that obviously at the highest level he's not the most broken character in the game (albeit contender for top 5 maybe even top 3 I'd say). The d1 buff at least gives him a good defensive option when he's in the corner

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Maybe the same reason everybody forgets how Quan was utterly dismantled at Evo top 8, and it wasn't even Summoner smh. And don't confuse this with downplaying, just saying that obviously at the highest level he's not the most broken character in the game (albeit contender for top 5 maybe even top 3 I'd say). The d1 buff at least gives him a good defensive option when he's in the corner
a strong d1 is HUGE. it makes all the difference. He did need it to be better but was it necessary to compete with the best zoning in the game? not really. god forbid Quan makes top 8 and gets beat and thats the reason he needs a d1. lol

Ryncage

Noob
And everyone seems to forget that the very reason quandownplayers wanted this d1 is to counter the block infs and inescapable pressure that doesnt exist anymore.

But more to the topic, i think that every huan defending this are just too awful to ever have used it properly themselves. So they desperatly cling to the notion "if i cant do it, it doesnt exist" or even better yet, "if you cant do it OP, clearly it doesnt exist, lol that gap is huge, upplayer kappakekdoge"

This "1frame overhead/low gap only exists if you show me multiple times in this thread with your own original videos and commentary explaining every single detail out to me.
Also, he needs it cantwakeup.jpg #quffbuan. "

a strong d1 is HUGE. it makes all the difference. He did need it to be better but was it necessary to compete with the best zoning in the game? not really. god forbid Quan makes top 8 and gets beat and thats the reason he needs a d1. lol
Right, that's why I put him at top 5 maybe top 3, but I honestly in my right mind don't think the d1 buff is going make him as godlike as people think. It's just going to help him when he's trapped in the corner against characters without hard knockdown setups IMO. I guess I'll eat my words when he begins his spree of winning majors :p

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
That b2 was fine the way it was before the patch. For whatever reason they thought that needed buffed is beyond me. They should change the b2 delayed back to how it was once they get rid of all the bugs in this patch. That's just unnecessary and really abusable in summoner.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Are you saying minus 9 is not full combo punishable? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your post
It's punishable, and with a combo

But full combo punish is when you can open with exactly what you like, e.g. using the example of my character, I can use a 11212 opener to punish -9, but off a full combo punish I could open with my 44 opener for nearly double damage

Not super important, just correcting the terminology

Can someone thoroughly explain what the new hotfix (-9) changed exactly and how it affects Quan in situations you'd use it in? I don't know shit about frame data and the like, so an easy to understand explanation would be much appreciated.