What's new

Why does everyone dislike Man of Steel? Rank your movies.

Is it because he has F23?

On a serious note, what's with the general opinion that it was a "bad" movie. I've nearly seen most all super hero movies that have been coming out of late, and I say it was pretty amazing. Probably in my top 5 of comic based movies maybe.

This is a rough list of all the movies I remember that I think are top tier.

Avengers is overrated as fuck, it wasn't the holy grail of comic book movies, it was just good. These are all the movies which I think are better than The Avengers, and generally just as good as each other.

Batman Begins
Spiderman 1
X-Men - First Class
Thor
The Dark Knight
Hulk (Edward Norton)
Man of Steel
Iron Man 1
Watchmen
30 Days of Night
Hellboy
Dredd

I think this is it for me, can't really think much, maybe I'm missing some, but these for me have been the best of the comic bunch that have released.

E

Eldriken

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight Rises
Man of Steel
Hulk (Edward Norton)
Dredd
The Amazing Spider-Man
X-Men: First Class
The Wolverine

My personal favorites. I obviously love the Christopher Nolan trilogy.

People are inconsistent. They cry about returns not having enough action the cry man of steel has too much. They cry about all the people that must have died in metropolis but are silent about the destruction in avengers.

I thought it was really good, haters gonna hate though.

ppl didnt like Man of Steel?

its honestly one of the best movies ive ever seen, period... Easily one of the best Superhero movies of all time.. Maybe the best (although not easy to top Dark Knight and Iron Man 1)
Thank you! I think it was one of the best things next to Nolan, probably my top 5 movies. I think people dislike it because it wasn't "actiony" enough as The Avengers, because it's always compared to Avengers. I enjoyed it because it was character focused, these people probably also hate Game of Thrones too.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Favourite Superhero Films (no order):
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Avengers
The Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton)
Batman (1989)
Man of Steel
Superman Returns (I'm not trolling)
The Wolverine
Thor
Iron Man

RIF

Noob
Man of Steel was a very average movie. As Superman Cavill was passable, but he was a dreadful Clark Kent. His acting is very one dimensional. Christopher Reeve was FAR superior playing both personas. Compare this Zod and his minions to the ones found in the original Superman Movies. These are far less impressive and memorable. These actors have no presence. No gravitas. There was nothing in the script to make you identify with the characters. It was targeted at a younger audience and it showed in the writing.

IMHO, the best Superhero films (not in order):

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
Iron Man
Superman I & II
Unbreakable
The Incredibles
Blade I (Forgotten by most lists)
Batman I & II
Spiderman 2
Hellboy
X2
Thor (Because of Loki & Odin, not Thor)

Then there are some sorta superhero movies like Kick-Ass and Chronicle which were pretty good.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Man Of Steel was crap for:

having bad chemistry between clark and lois
being unnecessarily bleak and joyless
taking itself entirely too seriously
having a blue/orange boring color palette
and most of all, betraying the character of superman

Seriously. Superman is supposed to have a deep caring for people's lives and safety. Meanwhile, he's throwing Zod through building after building, endangering and likely killing huge numbers of people. And then when he's done fighting, he kisses the girl.

I'm sorry. I'm not even a superman fan. But I know that's NOT superman. Superman doesn't stand infront of a crumbling destroyed city, and kiss the girl, while there are probably thousands of people trapped under tons of concrete. If you don't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I liked Man of steel but to be honest my opinion on movies is pretty much irrelevant. I don't know what constitutes good movie or what's considered good acting, I just enjoy some movies and find some boring

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
MOS was pretty damn good. I honestly have no idea how people didn't like it or flat out hated it. Action scenes were intense, score was incredible, drama was solid. I personally prefer MOS over Avengers.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
They cry about all the people that must have died in metropolis but are silent about the destruction in avengers.

I thought it was really good, haters gonna hate though.

Avengers you actively see them going to protect people and trying to usher them out of harm's way, namely Captain America which, in terms of values, is Marvel's Superman. Cap directed officers on how to get people out and cordon off the area to contain the damage. Then, when people were being held hostage he ran right to the building to save them.

Superman single-mindedly went after Zod/The Kryptonians: Through traffic, an Ihop, buildings, satellites that rained down on Metropolis, etc and showed NO concern for the people or the destruction until a family of four were about to die right in front of him.

See the difference? Avengers did what they could to contain the damage, injuries and death. Superman said "fuck that, these guys must be stopped at any and all costs".

BTW, Man of Steel SUCKED as a Superman film. Absolutely atrocious.

Last edited:

ryublaze

Noob
People have different opinions. I thought Man of Steel was okay, some parts were kinda lame and I felt like the Superman character was boring and didn't really have a personality. I agree with Avengers being overrated.

The Amazing Spiderman
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Thor
Captain America
The Incredible Hulk
Man of Steel
Dredd
The Avengers
The Wolverine
Iron Man 3

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
The Dark Knight Rises was just plain horrible and stupid, Thor was boring as shit and Portmans colleague is the most annoying character i have ever seen.
My tops (superhero related) are:

1. Watchmen - imo just perfect.
2. Dredd - for the ammount of money they had its just a masterpiece of sci-fi action movies.
3. X-Men : First Class - the only X-Men live action movie i ever liked
4. The Dark Knight - because of how much sceptical I was when I heard that Heath Ledger was going to play the joker and he blew me off.
5. Iron Man - the only one that I watched more than 1 time, means something aight?
6. Batman - I loved it as a kid but watched it lately and was pretty disapointed. Still the best film about Batman up to date.
7. I kinda liked Man of Steel. I know it was far from the source material and he killed Zod and shit , but I felt his overwhealming power throughout the movie. For the first time Supes felt like Supes should.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I've watched Man of Steel 3x and I love it. It's different from the idea that was pounded into our brain of what Superman is suppose to be and it was refreshing. I skipped out seeing it in theaters because I don't like the fumbling news reporting character. I find it cheesy as all hell. I was delightfully surprised when I finally watched it. Another reason I liked MOS so much is because there was a connection to the characters, which some would disagree with. Clark recently discovered his true potential and you could see him struggling with it throughout the fighting sequences. I also enjoyed that his personal emotions were revealed when Zod placed his hands on his "mother." I still find myself rooting for Zod when he is on his knees and reveals his whole purpose of being born was to protect Krypton and the people that inhabit it. He was in tears and I felt for the guy because he was doing it for the greater good of his people. It was what he was brought into the world to do. There is no getting around it and he failed. His whole purpose for existing was destroyed by Superman,which lead to a great action sequence between the two.

A lot of people do not care for the idiotic Clark Kent character. Those days should be behind us. People that never gave two shits about Superman loved MOS for the same reasons DC nerds loathed it lol.

Yoaks

A spaceman
I liked Man of steel but to be honest my opinion on movies is pretty much irrelevant. I don't know what constitutes good movie or what's considered good acting, I just enjoy some movies and find some boring
I think some ppl try to find little things to bitch about a movie. Others will actually have some good points and reasons. Some are just pure Haters.

Yoaks

A spaceman
People have different opinions. I thought Man of Steel was okay, some parts were kinda lame and I felt like the Superman character was boring and didn't really have a personality. I agree with Avengers being overrated.
Wait?! Superman? Boring? Naaahhhh.

Yoaks

A spaceman
I've watched Man of Steel 3x and I love it. It's different from the idea that was pounded into our brain of what Superman is suppose to be and it was refreshing. I skipped out seeing it in theaters because I don't like the fumbling news reporting character. I find it cheesy as all hell. I was delightfully surprised when I finally watched it. Another reason I liked MOS so much is because there was a connection to the characters, which some would disagree with. Clark recently discovered his true potential and you could see him struggling with it throughout the fighting sequences. I also enjoyed that his personal emotions were revealed when Zod placed his hands on his "mother." I still find myself rooting for Zod when he is on his knees and reveals his whole purpose of being born was to protect Krypton and the people that inhabit it. He was in tears and I felt for the guy because he was doing it for the greater good of his people. It was what he was brought into the world to do. There is no getting around it and he failed. His whole purpose for existing was destroyed by Superman,which lead to a great action sequence between the two.

A lot of people do not care for the idiotic Clark Kent character. Those days should be behind us. People that never gave two shits about Superman loved MOS for the same reasons DC nerds loathed it lol.
I actually liked Superman after MoS.

Is it because he has F23?

On a serious note, what's with the general opinion that it was a "bad" movie. I've nearly seen most all super hero movies that have been coming out of late, and I say it was pretty amazing. Probably in my top 5 of comic based movies maybe.

This is a rough list of all the movies I remember that I think are top tier.

Avengers is overrated as fuck, it wasn't the holy grail of comic book movies, it was just good. These are all the movies which I think are better than The Avengers, and generally just as good as each other.

Batman Begins
Spiderman 1
X-Men - First Class
Thor
The Dark Knight
Hulk (Edward Norton)
Man of Steel
Iron Man 1
Watchmen
30 Days of Night
Hellboy
Dredd

I think this is it for me, can't really think much, maybe I'm missing some, but these for me have been the best of the comic bunch that have released.
Batman Begins: 8.8/10 (this is a good grade from me) very thoughtful immersive experience great introduction, the second batman is the best (dark knight is a 9.5) and the third is par with batman begins but has a really WEAK ending and plot resolution, is only good because of bane then they render bane into a wussy

Avengers: cheesy thoughtless unfunny mess of a movie with mediocre action, all i wanted was a good guy bad guy showdown, i didn't get any, all i got was battlefield LA with superheroes, this movie was a mess, i wasn't expecting an oscar, but there was no monumental and awesome showdown... maybe we will have that with thanos

spiderman 1: 7.0, was by far better then its sequels, the third was a mess, this wasn't a bad rendition of spiderman

x-men first class: 5.0 My friends and i were laughing at how cheesy and bad this movie was, could have been really good with all that magneto back story

Hulk : don't remember, american history x was a good movie

Man of Steel: 7.0/10 This movie tried to do way too many things, this movie had some really thoughtful concepts involving zod and his homeland, and superman coming to terms with hearing every human being in the universe, however, these concepts were muffled by mainstream appeals such as this embarassing promotion of sex
. This ending was so stupid i almost can't take it. Also, Clark had NO personality at all.

this movie wasn't enough butter for the bread it was trying to spread itself on. Also superman is such a boring person, zod should have been a huge focus, and so should lex in the next one. When the movies focus on the villain then its a big deal. had potential, it was overcooked in some spots and undercooked in others

Iron Man 1: I was hooked on the first 50 minutes of this movie, the rest of the entire franchise i could literally give 0 shits about, 7.5/10

hellboy: cmon now shitty movie

watchmen: 8.0/10 I'll have to watch again, but the comic book shits all over the movie. one of the greatest comics of all time

30 days of night: what is this????

dredd: haven't seen the knew ones, the old sylvester one is like a 7.5 out of 10 despite how bad the acting is, its a pretty cool idea also

also look its herschel from walking dead at roughly 1:00 in

honestly comic book movies are rarely good

Last edited:
The Dark Knight Rises was just plain horrible and stupid, Thor was boring as shit and Portmans colleague is the most annoying character i have ever seen.
My tops (superhero related) are:

1. Watchmen - imo just perfect.
2. Dredd - for the ammount of money they had its just a masterpiece of sci-fi action movies.
3. X-Men : First Class - the only X-Men live action movie i ever liked
4. The Dark Knight - because of how much sceptical I was when I heard that Heath Ledger was going to play the joker and he blew me off.
5. Iron Man - the only one that I watched more than 1 time, means something aight?
6. Batman - I loved it as a kid but watched it lately and was pretty disapointed. Still the best film about Batman up to date.
7. I kinda liked Man of Steel. I know it was far from the source material and he killed Zod and shit , but I felt his overwhealming power throughout the movie. For the first time Supes felt like Supes should.
you are going to put x-men first-class over the dark knight???? how dare you...