What's new

Why are the IGAU forums sooooo dead?

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
people aren't willing to explore their options when they only lose a matchup 6 4. They definitely aren't going to explore their options if the matchup is 7 3 or worse. Hell, before evo I was telling ppl that if AM doesn't bop your character, you have a chance vs him (which most characters actually do). But many don't want to hear that, oh well, I enjoyed going 2 0 vs AM at evo #YEEAAPP
Become a character loyalist in MKX. I would love it.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
A

Block Zatannas teleport? I don't complain about Martian. I love fighting him. It's Zatannas I'm talking about.
The statement still doesn't change. Zatanna's teleport isn't exactly safe. If she tries tele behind, you can punish it on a read. Not reaction, but a read.

So why not practice that? Also, I believe I read somewhere that her wake-up tele is stuffable. I don't know that this is true, but isn't that a good thing to lab and find out?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
A

Block Zatannas teleport? I don't complain about Martian. I love fighting him. It's Zatannas I'm talking about.
If you guess right on a teleport then you fuck her up. If she guess right she gets space.

People never ever lab their options against Zatanna's wake ups. Nearly everyone I play just stands there and tries to hit me, as I teleport away for the hundredth time.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
The statement still doesn't change. Zatanna's teleport isn't exactly safe. If she tries tele behind, you can punish it on a read. Not reaction, but a read.

So why not practice that? Also, I believe I read somewhere that her wake-up tele is stuffable. I don't know that this is true, but isn't that a good thing to lab and find out?
It is not true. The teleport wake up is fully invincible until she reappears, fyi.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
people aren't willing to explore their options when they only lose a matchup 6 4. They definitely aren't going to explore their options if the matchup is 7 3 or worse. Hell, before evo I was telling ppl that if AM doesn't bop your character, you have a chance vs him (which most characters actually do). But many don't want to hear that, oh well, I enjoyed going 2 0 vs AM at evo #YEEAAPP
That's weird that you say this cause you don't even have a true main and counterpick yourself.

Amplified$hotz

Yeah but what if they tele away? And if I try to stuff she can wake up with the kicks and vortex me. It's too much guessing. None of the guessing is in my favor because I have to keep guessing after every knockdown

Rude

Yeah but what if they tele away? And if I try to stuff she can wake up with the kicks and vortex me. It's too much guessing. None of the guessing is in my favor because I have to keep guessing after every knockdown
If she does tele away, walk forward and block when appropriate. I find dashing gets you blown up more often than not.

You should ask the Zatanna community how to fight her.

Amplified$hotz

If you guess right on a teleport then you fuck her up. If she guess right she gets space.

People never ever lab their options against Zatanna's wake ups. Nearly everyone I play just stands there and tries to hit me, as I teleport away for the hundredth time.
What can green lantern do if you teleport away? No High level GL player posts on here so sorry for not knowing anything. I can't find any help.

Amplified$hotz

If she does tele away, walk forward and block when appropriate. I find dashing gets you blown up more often than not.

You should ask the Zatanna community how to fight her.
But I can't just block cause that trans move and rings and trait.

Rude

But I can't just block cause that trans move and rings and trait.
That is why you walk instead of dash. Walk a little, stop and block. Walk a little more, make a read and jump over a ring. Against a zoner, you need to be super patient.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Well, that's good to know. Still, it is punishable on a read, right?
Yes.

She can only combo you if you're point blank.

You can block and that takes care of kicks and tele behind, and then if you read tele away you can mb rocket and catch with lift for a combo. You can even neutral jump directly above her on a hard knockdown and that fucks up her teleports and beats kicks.

That's weird that you say this cause you don't even have a true main and counterpick yourself.
that isn't the point. I am just comfortable with multiple characters is all, it has kind of become a habit :p. Realistically speaking, I could play one character and do fine (at MLG dallas for mk9 I played all liu kang to get into top 8, but was stupid and used reptile in top 8 some instead of staying with liu haha and I got top 8 at ufgt 2013 with all sonya, so I can do it but I doubt myself sometimes which I shouldn't do). Long story short, yeah I guess you can say that what I just said was ironic.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
that isn't the point. I am just comfortable with multiple characters is all, it has kind of become a habit :p. Realistically speaking, I could play one character and do fine (at MLG dallas for mk9 I played all liu kang to get into top 8, but was stupid and used reptile in top 8 some instead of staying with liu haha and I got top 8 at ufgt 2013 with all sonya, so I can do it but I doubt myself sometimes which I shouldn't do). Long story short, yeah I guess you can say that what I just said was ironic.
Ya, I'm not judging you for counterpicking. Telling Cyborg or Ares players they aren't looking hard enough for tech kinda sucks though.

Ya, I'm not judging you for counterpicking. Telling Cyborg or Ares players they aren't looking hard enough for tech kinda sucks though.
Yeah I agree, it really sucks for some characters and ultimately that is how fighting games are. SF has dan, MK9 has jade, mvc3 has ghost rider, and etc. Some characters are just screwed over and have it rough. Tbh, I think that if you play a character like the one I mentioned, you should have just one backup to help you out (unless u are completely loyal to that character and aren't necessarily playing to win which is the case with an abundant amount of players).

Amplified$hotz

Yes but so does she. If you're aware of your options it's not like she can just do all this shit for free.
Ok b13 trait. What do you suggest I do after? Double dash neutral jump reverses wakeups should I do that? Maybe b13 trait dash up wait turbine(it corpse walks over them. It's a setup I'm trying to work on against bane he's bad too) then oas rocket?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Is this not a "site for competitive Mortal Kombat and Injustice?"
Nope this is a site for top players to believe they're right and they're playing every matchup right instead of listening to the "jobbers" who can't make it to competitions that actually know how to play the matchup right and try to explain what they're doing wrong but get blown up for it instead :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Not anymore lol.

'TYM' and 'labbing' doesn't really sit right.
I lab everyday, and I always find tech haha. Matchup-wise though I think a few people definitely need to double check their options...

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Seems that way. This place has been super negative for a long, long time.
I disagree, although that may be because we have different ideas about what is "long time".
A year ago this place was super hype because of all them meta shifts and techs. It became stale and depressing when people realized (whether that was true or not) that anything they discovered wasn't solving problems with hard MU's and/or was just a one-time-use gimmick that gets blown up once opponent realizes how it works.

If we are expected to support games for longer than 2 years, maybe devs should support it for more than 6 months.

Speaking of Smash, let's get real: they are big because they did something that I can't even imagine taken seriously in this community: they established house rules. Can you imagine people here banning some tech or even moves unless they are used in a specific ways, determined by ruleset? Neither can I.
For one, I can't even imagine people here agreeing universally on what is a problem and what isn't.