What's new

Whose alternate costume do you think we've seen?

E

Eldriken

For those of you who watched the stream yesterday, you more than likely heard the part where @tylerlansdown answered someone's Twitter question about alternate costumes. His response was pretty awesome. He basically said that SOME of the characters we've seen are already in their alternate costumes. He didn't say who, however.

So, based on what we've seen, which characters do you think are in their alternate costume?

I'm personally hoping that Ermac's costume is his alternate and his regular one is similar to that one picture of him floating about.

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
Ermac for sure, and I think Kung Lao cause I still think he's the 3rd boot as for sub zero, scorpion, quan chi, cassie, kitana, reptile, ferra/torr, kotal, It just feels like this is the main costume for them

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Ermac for sure, and I think Kung Lao cause I still think he's the 3rd boot as for sub zero, scorpion, quan chi, cassie, kitana, reptile, ferra/torr, kotal, It just feels like this is the main costume for them
I think Ermac, strictly because it's possible that the art that leaked long ago showing Ermac was real, and NRS wont want to acknowledge a leak at this time.

E

Eldriken

I too think it's Ermac and Kung Lao, maybe even Reptile?

You have some serious issues... Besides, His build isn't going to change to a hulking he-man even if this is his alternate.
I doubt he's wanting him to look massive. Maybe just filled out a bit more, y'know? He might look that way in a different costume for all we know.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Think about it guys. Why would they show us an alternate costume before the main? When have they ever done that in the past? Logically there's only 2 reasons:

1. Character art leaked and they don't want to acknowledge their leak (e.g. Ermac)

2. The costume somehow reveals something about the game's story, to which it could be any of them. (e.g. Dark Raiden in MK9)

There's really no other reason.

E

Eldriken

Think about it guys. Why would they show us an alternate costume before the main? When have they ever done that in the past? Logically there's only 2 reasons:

1. Character art leaked and they don't want to acknowledge their leak (e.g. Ermac)

2. The costume somehow reveals something about the game's story, to which it could be any of them. (e.g. Dark Raiden in MK9)

There's really no other reason.
Sure there is. To build hype and suspense, man. People are going to be completely surprised when they go to pick their character and see a completely different costume.

Your two above reasons could be 100% correct, but that doesn't mean they're the only reason they would do what they're doing.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I think ermac. I also completely disagree with people wanting him to be beefed out more. I think the skinny look makes more sense as it shows his strength and fighting prowess is from a supernatural source rather than from hitting the gym.

I think kitana's is her alt too. Just has that sort of feel about it to me.

I kind of think scorpion's may be his alt and that human hanzo will be his primary.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Isn't ermac basically demons? " We are many but you are just one" The Legion probably using a different body.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
Hopefully reptile. I hope in the begining of the story he's reptilian then gets turned into a human. Might explain why he walks like a human and can speak English now.
In the small shot of him in the comic he appears human, so I imagine something like that happens. Hopefully he has one human costume.

Here is the image for those who haven't seen it, plus confirmation that it is Reptile.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
So far I think Ermac, kitana, and Cassie are in Alt costumes. I can't wait to see D'Vorah, Kotal, and Kano alts this time!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I think ermac. I also completely disagree with people wanting him to be beefed out more. I think the skinny look makes more sense as it shows his strength and fighting prowess is from a supernatural source rather than from hitting the gym.
So much this. I think his new slimmer look is perfect for the character. He looks almost like a powered up Mage, exactly the type of look he has. I mean he's literally a man of souls and empowered by them, using telekinesis types of abilities. We should he looked hulked up? Do people want to see a roided out Shang Tsung? Come on now.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I doubt he's wanting him to look massive. Maybe just filled out a bit more, y'know? He might look that way in a different costume for all we know.
The thing is, he looks fine as he is right now. He doesn't look "skinny" (lol, seriously guys?) and it suits him. Realistically, he's got an athletic body, not every male needs to be a bodybuilder in this game.