What's new

Who would be changed the least by losing their projectile?

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
My answer would be Nightwolf, Jax, and maybe Baraka. If i had to choose one i'd say Nightwolf, even his EX arrows are kinda lame. Good question

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Nightwolf 's is a piece of shit, so nightwolf. Jax needs his for GP shenanigans at fullscreen... which can be avoided all together with a d4.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
That's why I didn't say Cage.

Baraka's projectile has fast enough startup to work vs iaFBs excluding Kabal's, so it's pretty useful there. Not to mention, it helps in the Ermac matchup. It's useful, but not something he will use nonstop.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Very true and agreed 100%....just saying it's part of their game.

Characters like Raiden and Baraka need their projectiles the least. (334 ex li....nm we all know what happens there)
Quan needs his skull on a few matchups plus on neutral crouch he can check with trance at max range

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
That's why I didn't say Cage.

Baraka's projectile has fast enough startup to work vs iaFBs excluding Kabal's, so it's pretty useful there. Not to mention, it helps in the Ermac matchup. It's useful, but not something he will use nonstop.
this is why something that isn't used alot isn't necessarily useless.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Nightwolf's Arrow, Freddy's Ground Crawl Claw, Baraka's Spark if 1man3letters ' wish ever came true.
ah freddy fingers would be missed i think,
not that i want rid of spark but if it went id want something in return,theres only a handfull of matches were spark is useful,for me anyways,its really handy against reptile

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Lol, nightwolf for sure. He loses nothing, unless we are counting lightning too.

Cage only loses frame advantage with ex.

Quan chi. Sheeva.

That's about it imo.
I think Quan needs that projectile. It's his only real method of space control, even if it's not great. He doesn't have a great way to get in, his armor is shit, trance is dangerous. The little green skull is more important than it seems. It's also useful in combination with regularly runes, because you can get someone at a distance and it they're ready to duck a skull can you nail them with a rune. Losing the projectile would mean losing that too. Sometimes the little things are important.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I actually find Sheeva's fireball very useful in some matches, If I get a dash happy reptile, after I do an ex grab and punch, if he's full screen again it helps keep him in check from just dashing up again. Same circumstance with Kabal and Cage (definitely don't want Cage to get in close). Except with Kabal you have to watch out for wake up dash.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Cages proyectile (non enhanced) is the worst in the game along whit rains so I guess those 2
i dont see how you can take away a projectile and not its EX,far from the worst too,he can actually trade when on a lifelead vs certain ppl.

rains bubble is one of his best tools,it allows him to reset his opponent in front of him at neutral for more pressure/mixups

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I think Quan needs that projectile. It's his only real method of space control, even if it's not great. He doesn't have a great way to get in, his armor is shit, trance is dangerous. The little green skull is more important than it seems. It's also useful in combination with regularly runes, because you can get someone at a distance and it they're ready to duck a skull can you nail them with a rune. Losing the projectile would mean losing that too. Sometimes the little things are important.
Deeeeeeefinitely. The Skull is a big part of Quan staying safe from full screen, especially against someone with superior zoning ala Reptile or Kitana, or someone you'd need to keep out ala Liu Kang or Kung Lao.

I think CaseyJones just won the argument, though. The only projectile in the game worse than the Arrow.

Flagg

Noob
How is Rains water bubble pointless when it leads to more damage?

That'd be like saying take away CSZ projectile. Like Rain, you dont use it to "zone", you use it in strings and trades.

Barakas projectile is quite unique as it is quite large and slow, catches a lot of airborne opponents.

I'd say Nightwolf.

i dont see how you can take away a projectile and not its EX,far from the worst too,he can actually trade when on a lifelead vs certain ppl.

rains bubble is one of his best tools,it allows him to reset his opponent in front of him at neutral for more pressure/mixups
Buble is the worst proyectile Rain cant trade whit anyone in the cast