What's new

Which should i play: diablo 3 or dark souls?

RoosterFuel

Chicken Drugs
Im looking for a second game (non fighting game) to play besides injustice and i happen to own and am interested in either of these, was just wondering what you guys had to say about these 2.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Wha?? How will it betray me? Story or gameplay -wise?
Gameplay. Story wise, it will never get a chance to betray you because the story starts shitty and ends just as badly as it began. The gameplay turns into an abject fucking nightmare near the beginning of the third playthrough (D3 expects you to play through multiple "difficulties" to max out your character).

ruff321

Noob
Do you have a ps3 by any chance? You can dl D3 demo and try it out. If you don't like it then buy dark souls.

LEGEND

YES!
Dark Souls for sure.

but be prepared to either get extremely angry or lose hundreds of hours of your life. . .or both

plus i'm pretty sure Dark Souls is way cheaper than D3

LEGEND

YES!
if you're on 360 we can pvp and set up duels once you get around Soul level 100. Could also help you learn more about the game and give you equipment i don't need (which is alot)

RoosterFuel

Chicken Drugs
Do you have a ps3 by any chance? You can dl D3 demo and try it out. If you don't like it then buy dark souls.
I own both of them, i just have time for one of them. Between igau, work, and being a husband/daddy, my spare time is dwindling.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Im looking for a second game (non fighting game) to play besides injustice and i happen to own and am interested in either of these, was just wondering what you guys had to say about these 2.
don't mean to be redundant and all but, if ur looking for something unique u should give warframe a try....either that Or Darksouls, WF is a f2p game for pc btw.

dark souls- it's a long-haul game, so be prepared to sit down for long hours, enjoy it and then scream at yourself for being a souls masochist.

think of D3 as borderlands-style gameplay, with more linearity and lots less quests to do. you'll either enjoy the grind of the game, or lose interest after the first playthrough. you either love it or hate it.

RoosterFuel

Chicken Drugs
if you're on 360 we can pvp and set up duels once you get around Soul level 100. Could also help you learn more about the game and give you equipment i don't need (which is alot)
Damn, im on ps3 or id definitely take u up on that offer. I found a used copy of the strat guide at my local game shop and it seems pretty comprehensive, but if i have any other questions ill come to you. Thanks man.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
D3 is garbage and isn't worth the 60 bucks on console and the PC version is complete shit

Dark SOuls will piss you off and make throw your controller across the room but you will love every minute of it

LEGEND

YES!
Damn, im on ps3 or id definitely take u up on that offer. I found a used copy of the strat guide at my local game shop and it seems pretty comprehensive, but if i have any other questions ill come to you. Thanks man.
np, we also have a thread around here somewhere if you ever have any questions

also, the guide is kinda out of date. as far as weapon, item enemy locations ect it should be good. But for stats and build strategy its probably way off, like elemental weapons have got a nerf since and certain spells and rings have been changed

RoosterFuel

Chicken Drugs

also, the guide is kinda out of date. as far as weapon, item enemy locations ect it should be good. But for stats and build strategy its probably way off, like elemental weapons have got a nerf since and certain spells and rings have been changed

Ahhhhhh! Good to know! I wasnt aware they still did patches for that game, thank you for the knowledge-dropping Legend.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
man so many people hate d3 lol.
Not sure if you were a fan of D2 and D1, but the real money auction house and always online DRm fucked that game badly and not to mention its built like WoW and badly linear, I played the console demo recently and it is a good console game, but comared to the legacy it came from its just trash IMO