What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Which Erron Black variation are you most hyped for?

Which Variation Are You Most Hype For?

• Total voters

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Gunslinger cause he needs the hat and is gorgeously sylish. However, outlaw looks the most crazy cause ending a combo with the stab in the corner and then placing caltrops, while applying block pressure is some juicy D.o.T. Also, that moment when you realize Erron has a total of 3 alternate outfits like the rest of the cast. ;)

Erron Black looks like Clint Eastwood in the good the bad and the ugly. This character looks like the character that will be played from fullscreen and spam shots the entire match. Erron Black looks the poster boy for "more shooting-less fighting". A true waste of character.
this sounds like posted after NOT watching the stream

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I loved both Marksman and Gunslinger.

Fav part of Marksman was the retreating rifle shots!

Fav part of Gunslinger was the coin toss. Too sick lol

Malec

Noob
I would like to know why everybody is so exited about coin toss? I mean it is a realy cool looking move, but will it be that great? Is there a similar move in another fighting game with high potential?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Erron Black is definitely top 2 coolest-looking characters. And his voice & quotes are
. He seems like an extremely space-control-orientated character, as opposed to a full-on zoner.

I'm interested in Gunslinger for the combo potential, and Marksman. I could see his standoff stance being useful for converting off of anti-airs, and the rifle swing being a great starter for corner combos. Also, if his coin toss is plus with good recovery, it could be a good move to do meaty for guaranteed chip & pressure, like Shang's upskull.

He seems similar to Harley in that the opponent will get in, but not before taking a couple hits here and there.

Last edited:
To be fully honesty, I'm only excited for Gunslinger. Or maybe I need to see more gameplay, I feel like they rushed his variations in the stream. Outlaw also seemed pretty nice but I didn't like Marksman at all.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Gotta play him a little to be certain for sure, but judging on what was shown during Kombat Kast, I vote Marksman.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It would be far too hype he can start a corner combo, get caltrops out in the middle of it and then end with mb impale for huge bleed damage. Imagine that shit and then landing a command grab on to the caltrops. I would lose it.

umgogo

The Memory Protector
I voted Outlaw, just for the blade break-off special (though the blade really should visibly stick inside the opponent for the entire duration).

Now, if he only had a backturned stance where the follow-up moves (say, an anti-air slash, a low-hitting blade toss and a Wild West duel-style turn-around gunshot) would become stronger the longer he stayed in it (like BlazBlue's Hazama)...

D

Deleted member 9158

I can't wait for scrubs online playing Erron like deathstroke :DOGE

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
He doesn't even have a normal "fireball" which leads me to beleive that he's not meant for full screen battles. if I had to hazard a guess he'll be a mid range beast, keeping the opponent out of range while staying close enough to them to capitalize on any opening he can create with his long range normals.

If you need a use for his walk backs against teleporters I would suggest using it as a combo ender if possible. I expect his nickname will be Erron "just the tip" Black

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Extremely hard choice, but I'm most hyped for his Gunslinger Variation, his stance is hype and the Hat is just gravy.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I´m a rushdown-brawler player, so I´m interested in Outlaw. This variation has unique strings, the sand that stuns, the command grab/stab... fits perfect for me

Creepy00

Noob
I honestly don't understand the appeal of Outlaw, like what is it that people like about it? I get that it greatly changes Erron's playstyle to a rushdown type, but there are other characters that either focus mainly on rushdown or have variations that do it better. Just my thoughts.

Anyways, the variation I like the most is marksman, followed by gunslinger. Although, both variation may look similar, I feel like there will MUs where the retreating rifle shots (marksman) will be handy than his stand-off stance (gunslinger) and vice versa.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Outlaw cause Baraka.

But I think gunslinger is going to be the best based on what we saw. Totally a guess, but thats how I feel atm.

Malec

Noob
I honestly don't understand the appeal of Outlaw, like what is it that people like about it? I get that it greatly changes Erron's playstyle to a rushdown type, but there are other characters that either focus mainly on rushdown or have variations that do it better. Just my thoughts.

Anyways, the variation I like the most is marksman, followed by gunslinger. Although, both variation may look similar, I feel like there will MUs where the retreating rifle shots (marksman) will be handy than his stand-off stance (gunslinger) and vice versa.
I dont think that Outlaw is a "rushdown" variation, its more like a footsie heavy, maybe anti-rushdown one.
How are you supposed to know, that other character variations do it better then EB's?
He has a great moveset with a close range tackle, slow moving low projectile, anti air gas granade that leads to combos, low slide and his caltrops to stop running. And I think with all of those basic moves and the addition of improved sword normals, the high damage impale and the sand toss (that also leads to non meter combos), Erron Black could be a beast in close and medium range.

I would like to know, what others see in Marksman or especially Gunslinger? I like the Rifle shot cancels in Marksman to be honest, but Gunslinger? I dont see anything in Gunslinger, that would make him shine over other "zoning" chars

The one think I like about Gunslinger and I realy REALY think its a shame, that it is Gunslinger only, is his hat :/

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I feel like the best zoning variation is Marksman. I can already see Low Sand Roll into Low Shot being a fullscreen frame-trap. I also feel as though Outlaw will be good for a footsie-based hit-and-run style where you get in, get your meterless damage & DoT, and then play more defensively whilst throwing Sand Bombs & setting Caltrops.

Gunslinger I'm honestly not too sure about. Perhaps Stand Off Stance will be really useful in pressure, or in the neutral. Perhaps Low Sand Bomb into Coin Toss will be a fullscreen frame-trap.