What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Which Erron Black variation are you most hyped for?

Which Variation Are You Most Hype For?

• Total voters

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Which variation are you most looking forward to?

I myself want to tryout Gunslinger the most and what can be done with the coin trick.
I also want to see how strong the zoning of Marksman is, those retreating sniper shots combined with the ground tacos could make getting in on him a pain in the ass.
Outlaw has that big sand throw stun, could lead to some good mix ups and maybe some standing resets.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Marksman looks to be potentially the most devastating zoner in the game. Shutting down run just seems brutal; I don't think the caltrops will ever be much of a damage tool but it's going to really limit movement options for many opponents. I'm just wondering how he's going to handle characters with teleports - feeling like Scorpion, Ermac or Mileena might hand him his ass.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Gotta sling them guns, son.

I can't see why anyone would want Outlaw when the revolvers and rifle have more reach and versatility.

Maybe if the blade does DoT outside of the grab, or if it does a lot of chip, or something more than just being a good poke, i'd consider it.

Last edited:

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Gunslinger by far. I like the standoff stance with various moves you can do while in it. Marksman's walk back shotgun blasts look super tight though. Outlaw looks interesting, especially with that stab break off and then setup with the tacks for unbreakable damage. They all look good and I'll use all of them, but Gunslinger will be my go to.

WATCHD0G

Noob
Definite Gunslinger, from the coin toss to the fact that this is his only variation with the hat....i gotta go for this, maybe marksman in the future

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
The start up on the retreating rifle and a lot of his zoning tools is going to be an issue.

I really believe all you Erron mains will literally be forced to learn Outlaw just because anyone with a teleport or jumping divekick'esque move will own his soul on reaction. His normal moves looked like they have some range to them which is good though.

So far, I think Erron LOOKS cool and all, but he'll suffer as the game develops.

*preps anus for angry Erron main replies*

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Marksman's "Unload" special move where he walks back while shooting seems pretty useful but I really like his "Long Shot" special move where he drops down into that stance which is dash cancelable. Seems very useful to mix up your block strings or bait your opponent into acting so that you can punish accordingly.

Overall his general moves seem well versed and I look forward to learning the most I can about all three of his variations.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
The start up on the retreating rifle and a lot of his zoning tools is going to be an issue.

I really believe all you Erron mains will literally be forced to learn Outlaw just because anyone with a teleport or jumping divekick'esque move will own his soul on reaction. His normal moves looked like they have some range to them which is good though.

So far, I think Erron LOOKS cool and all, but he'll suffer as the game develops.

*preps anus for angry Erron main replies*
don't insult my waifu

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Outlaw looks badass as hell, definitely looking forward to trying that one out first. I mean come on, a cut off Tarkatan arm blade as a weapon? That's too damn badass! After that probably... I dunno, Marksman I guess. I like the repeater rifle. Gunslinger looks dope too though. All in all this character is just crazy hype.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I dont really dig most of his specials. While most of them are a cool idea, they end up looking pretty goofy. You have this badass looking mercenary and he shoots coins and throws sand at you.

gunslinger all the way, that's what I was hoping his character would play like. I see people hating on the coin shot but I think it is pretty great.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
hard question .... all variations are so cool .... Erron Black looks awsome, and his gameplay seems fun and deadly at the same time .....

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Gunslinger intrigues me greatly. I love Western styled stuff, so Erron Black is a very refreshing character after fearing him being a Deathstroke copy.