What's new

Which characters have the best light attacks?

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
Expanding on an idea I saw from @_xFriction, I'm curious to know what you guys think as to who has the best light attacks. This includes J1, stand 1, D1, B1 and F1. I plan to make two more threads like this for medium and heavy attacks.

If you want to include a characters normal that the character only has access to for a limited time, please state another normal that the character permanently has access to.

Please state your opinion after putting some decent thought into it, no troll posting please. If you happen to disagree with someone about something, explain why instead of blowing them up. I'll get the ball rolling!

J1: Harley Quinn - Great for air-to-airing, beats out many other jump normals
1: Nightwing (Staff Stance) - Overall a good footsie tool
D1: Martian Manhunter (In Trait) - Very long range for such a quick normal
Nightwing (Staff Stance) - Plus on block, also very long range for such a quick normal
B1: Green Lantern - It has extremely long range, is a quick low attack, and the string proceeding it launches
F1: Aquaman - A quick mid attack, which is plus three on block

Note: Don't feel that you must provide reasoning for your list

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
grundy's b1 gives him that swag reset, plus makes the fight look like a cartoon when he bonks the other guy on the head like out of an old popeye cartoon

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Ares' J1 though...you wouldn't think it, but it has hella priority.

(Sure wish I could get anything off of it though...)

TKB

Noob
Zatanna's standing 1 - 5 frame startup, ability to punish some stuff that others cannot.

Deathstroke's j1- deceptively ambiguous sometimes and very fast startup.

Deathstroke's d1- fast startup and hits low.

Sinestro's b1- amazing footsie tool.

MMH's j1- instant air capabilities and ambiguous cross up.

Bane's d1- the reach on this fucking move... Lol and it's plus on block to boot. Oh and did I mention it hits low?

Green Lantern's b1- the reach and fast startup. We've all been caught by this normal many many times.

I know there are more, if I think of
Them I'll update my post.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Bane

Standing 1 - +20 on hit. 9 frames.

D.1 - positive no matter what, gives us a oh/low mix up. Can't be pushblocked like 90% of the time.

B.1 - +3 on whiff like what.

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
Wonder Woman's b1, +4 on block and leads into a million. (Lasso)
Wonder Woman's d1 in shield (+3 on block, 7 frames, cancellable into bash)
Wonder Woman's d1 in lasso (leads into 35% and hitconfirmable, only -1, 40% with 1 meter which she always has)
Wonder Woman's 1 in lasso, 8 frame punisher and leads to a mid that's +2 on block.
Wonder Woman's j1 because it's fast especially with her instant airdash.

Um, all her other 1s are good too.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Lobos ji1 is an awesome ji! His d1 and b1 are also solid.

DS d1, b1 and ji1.

DD d1.

Black Adams d1 and ji1.

Error

DF2+R2
Bane's are really good.
standing 1 - fairly fast, can get huge dammy from it, tick throw on block, decent range.
d1 - great range, +on hit and block, tick throw on block.
b1 - oh lawdy, can someone say borderline corner block infinite?
Seriously, you get like a million options off of b1.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I think I can safely say Nightwing wins this pretty free. Nightwing's D1 in Staff Stance is one of, if not the best, D1s in the game. Great range, +3, 6f. His staff standing 1 is also the best standing 1 in the game as it's 11f, mid, +1, and a great footsie tool. His staff J1 is one of the best J1s in the game as it's 7f, has amazing range so is great for pressure. His Escrima standing 1 is 6f but his 11 string is the fastest hitting string in the game, very useful for armour-breaking. Staff B1 is 14f, 0 on block and is one of the longest ranging normals in the game - amazing in the neutral. Escrima D1 is +5 on block AND can be hit-confirmed into Escrima Fury for a full-combo... 'nuff said.