What's new

When is the last time you fought Reptile

When is the last time you fought Reptile?

• Today

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yesterday

• This Week

• This Month

• This Year

• Last Year

• In the Last 5 Years

• In the Last 10 Years

• 10+ Years Ago

• I Never Fought Reptile Before

• Total voters
S

scheissn

Points never really died out, but they definitely weren't used as much for fighters in the 90's.

I wanted to get in the Guinness book for UMK3/MK2 but there was no way for them to judge how well I did in the game. (Flawless run would be stupid, HEY LOOK THERE IS THE GUY WITH THE FLAWLESS RUN!)

The only game that they would recognize was MK1 because of the point system, and good luck finding a MK1 cabinet these days. I can't even remember the last time I saw one tbh.

ScheissNussen said:
Points never really died out, but they definitely weren't used as much for fighters in the 90's.

I wanted to get in the Guinness book for UMK3/MK2 but there was no way for them to judge how well I did in the game. (Flawless run would be stupid, HEY LOOK THERE IS THE GUY WITH THE FLAWLESS RUN!)

The only game that they would recognize was MK1 because of the point system, and good luck finding a MK1 cabinet these days. I can't even remember the last time I saw one tbh.
oh noes man you are off topic and its going to get deleted. ::)

Also i was never interesting too play Reptile - it was fine at first, it gave you little shivers when u get to him on bottom of pit in the first years, but never tried much too play with him. He wasnt that interesting.

Dreadish said:
Jab pressure is best way but with canceling moves in order too prevent too get hit in close combat.
wow,dreadish i watched the video of you verse triple H and im watching your raiden and its almost INDENTICLE to how i play raiden in mk1.very very similar jabbing methods and buffing moves right out of jabbing. i also play mk2 and umk3 like this (i have a sick "teleport-jab" method with raiden in mk2 that involves both HP and LP, and i also use it in mk1). and i also watched the vid of you vs soultaker,sick fucking matches.

this is your video im reffering to:

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Dreadish said:
Also i was never interesting too play Reptile - it was fine at first, it gave you little shivers when u get to him on bottom of pit in the first years, but never tried much too play with him. He wasnt that interesting.
He was nothing more than a Sub-Zero/Scorpion clone with a green palette swap. Yeah, nothing special...

dciguy01 said:
Dreadish said:
He was nothing more than a Sub-Zero/Scorpion clone with a green palette swap. Yeah, nothing special...
but for sure he is a lot of fun when playing as him ;)

dciguy01 said:
Dreadish said:
indeed, nothing special or interesting about it when u have same shit with sub or scorpion!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
black album said:
On a scale of 1 - 10 how hard is it to find him, and how hard to beat him.
Depending on the difficulty of the AI or player, it can vary. To find Reptile, I'll say 7 to be fair. To beat him... probably the same.

X820

Noob
playing reptile was like a century ago for me back @ the arcades LOL!

Ahhh the good times, fucking ghost stories about a green ninja, yeah right! :p

i used to have MK1 on my pc way back in the day. the graphics were arcade quality while the super nes and genesis graphics sucked so hard. i used to fight reptile every so often. he wasn't that hard but I used the jump kick bait and all that.