What's new

When is the last time you fought Reptile

When is the last time you fought Reptile?

• Today

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yesterday

• This Week

• This Month

• This Year

• Last Year

• In the Last 5 Years

• In the Last 10 Years

• 10+ Years Ago

• I Never Fought Reptile Before

• Total voters
So when is the last time you fought Reptile? Honestly I've never fought him on the Arcade the only way I could get to him was using the Genesis debug code :( and that was probably 10+ years ago :-[

W

wazz

last year on the psp version which is arcade version (MIDWAY ARCADE TREASURES EXTENTED PLAY)

used to play him all the time back in the day......wow to have subbys ice and scorps spear......i cant even begin to think of all the nasty combos.......lol

soultaker said:
imo mk1 needs more mind games cause it has a different punishment system ;)
yeah it does, i think the best way to play mk1 is to stay grounded and just get close and do serious close quarters fighting with lots of jabbing and jab pressure. doing specials and jumping just gets you punished by opponents waiting to counter as soon as you make the initial connection of a hit. the countering system will eventually force you to play a total jab game and stay grounded, just do nothing but approach your opponent and trick them with jabbing and jabbing combinations, dont allow your self to get those rediculous counters on you. to me mk1 is all close quarters, with heavy jab pressure and death punching. baiting opponents with death punching is highly recommended (buffing moves out of death punching causes serious fucking confusion for opponent). it works very well in mk1, stay grounded and do these and your opponent will struggle hardcore.

all those projectiles and specials have counters that instantly punish attacker. just turn it into a jab game and block throws,get close and use your close skills. employ these and watch how your opponent has to completely switch up his game tactics because of you.

Dreadish said:
Jab pressure is best way but with canceling moves in order too prevent too get hit in close combat.
yeah it gets messy as hell, but there is something about mk1 that is so awsome. ive watched you and soultakers vids,good stuff.

dookiebrain said:
soultaker said:
yeah it does, i think the best way to play mk1 is to stay grounded and just get close and do serious close quarters fighting with lots of jabbing and jab pressure. doing specials and jumping just gets you punished by opponents waiting to counter as soon as you make the initial connection of a hit. the countering system will eventually force you to play a total jab game and stay grounded, just do nothing but approach your opponent and trick them with jabbing and jabbing combinations, dont allow your self to get those rediculous counters on you. to me mk1 is all close quarters, with heavy jab pressure and death punching. baiting opponents with death punching is highly recommended (buffing moves out of death punching causes serious fucking confusion for opponent). it works very well in mk1, stay grounded and do these and your opponent will struggle hardcore.

all those projectiles and specials have counters that instantly punish attacker. just turn it into a jab game and block throws,get close and use your close skills. employ these and watch how your opponent has to completely switch up his game tactics because of you.
stay grounded almost all the time somehow imo is turtling

soultaker said:
dookiebrain said:
soultaker said:

stay grounded almost all the time somehow imo is turtling
not when im constantly walking towards you to get close jabbing and death punching:)

dookiebrain said:
dciguy01 said:
When I actually cared about MK1
i thought the same thing until i got back on mk1,mk1 is no joke. its an incredibly awsome MK. im hooked on mk1 as much as mk2 right now.
MK1 is the fucking shit just like MK2, MK3, UMK3, MK4 and MKGold in its own right. I remember reading SuGaR's post the other day saying UMK3 is the only good MK game and that it was blind luck. Man whatever wtf you doing on this site then. All of the klassic MK games INCLUDING MK4/Gold are FUN good games. Ding ding ding that is the magic word FUN. Not COMPETITIVE.

dookie now that i have p2p working we really should play some games sometime.

DarkMoon said:
dookiebrain said:
dciguy01 said:
i thought the same thing until i got back on mk1,mk1 is no joke. its an incredibly awsome MK. im hooked on mk1 as much as mk2 right now.
MK1 is the fucking shit just like MK2, MK3, UMK3, MK4 and MKGold in its own right. I remember reading SuGaR's post the other day saying UMK3 is the only good MK game and that it was blind luck. Man whatever wtf you doing on this site then. All of the klassic MK games INCLUDING MK4/Gold are FUN good games. Ding ding ding that is the magic word FUN. Not COMPETITIVE.

i couldn't agree more, mk1 owns! mk1 has an element that is very brutal too it. and umk3 is far from better then mk1 or mk2,lmao.......i think its very very very funny that a lot of people who play umk3 think that they are on the highest level of MK. lets see those umk3 kids pick up mk1 and mk2 and lets see how good they play with out all the umk3 tricks that make anyone good at the game.

umk3 is not the best MK,lol. and whats even more funny is that they have no idea that each MK, makes you better at the other,lol. i almost wonder if umk3 is an easier MK to learn over mk1 and mk2,seriously, not even kidding. take away those kid's run button and what are they left to do in ANY kombat? i think its so funny. i really do think the run button and the infinites make the game easier to be good at then mk1 or mk2. some of those kids don't know what the fuck to do without their special things in umk3, how good are they with no run? or no infinites? put them on mk1 or mk2 and lets share a laugh. (nobody specific,just generalizing)

yes, freddie, lets do some mk1-umk3 starting this weekend. i been meaning to ask you to play because we havent played in a while. ill find you tonight through this weekend.

*please go to that [ban incoming] myspace and check out you know whos gay ass pictures,lol......ewwwww. i will never play that gay freak in mk2 again.

dookiebrain said:
DarkMoon said:
dookiebrain said:
dciguy01 said:

i couldn't agree more, mk1 owns! mk1 has an element that is very brutal too it. and umk3 is far from better then mk1 or mk2,lmao.......i think its very very very funny that a lot of people who play umk3 think that they are on the highest level of MK. lets see those umk3 kids pick up mk1 and mk2 and lets see how good they play. umk3 is not the best MK,lol. and whats even more funny is that they have no idea that each MK, makes you better at the other,lol. i almost wonder if umk3 is an easier MK to learn over mk1 and mk2,seriously, not even kidding. take away those kid's run button and what are they left to do in ANY kombat? i think its so funny.

yes, freddie, lets do some mk1-umk3 starting this weekend. i been meaning to ask you to play because we havent played in a while. ill find you tonight through this weekend.

*please go to that [ban incoming] myspace and check out you know whos gay ass pictures,lol......ewwwww. i will never play that gay freak in mk2 again.
MK1 has points and test your might, i WISH so much that MK2/3/4 atleast had Test your Might. The Points are also an added bonus. Sure points don't make the game and really don't matter that much and i don't pay too close attention to it but in the end, why not? Would it of been so hard to include points? It's just little extra things like that.

Every UMK3 player besides like Scheiss that i've played in MK2 suck fucking balls at the game and complain the whole time about how its too slow. In 1992/1993 there was no run button and I don't remember hearing those complaints.

Sucks to be them!!!!

DarkMoon said:
dookiebrain said:
DarkMoon said:
dookiebrain said:
dciguy01 said:

i couldn't agree more, mk1 owns! mk1 has an element that is very brutal too it. and umk3 is far from better then mk1 or mk2,lmao.......i think its very very very funny that a lot of people who play umk3 think that they are on the highest level of MK. lets see those umk3 kids pick up mk1 and mk2 and lets see how good they play. umk3 is not the best MK,lol. and whats even more funny is that they have no idea that each MK, makes you better at the other,lol. i almost wonder if umk3 is an easier MK to learn over mk1 and mk2,seriously, not even kidding. take away those kid's run button and what are they left to do in ANY kombat? i think its so funny.

MK1 has points and test your might, i WISH so much that MK2/3/4 atleast had Test your Might. The Points are also an added bonus. Sure points don't make the game and really don't matter that much and i don't pay too close attention to it but in the end, why not? Would it of been so hard to include points? It's just little extra things like that.

Every UMK3 player besides like Scheiss that i've played in MK2 suck fucking balls at the game and complain the whole time about how its too slow. In 1992/1993 there was no run button and I don't remember hearing those complaints.

Sucks to be them!!!!

yeah dude,unfortunatly, the truth that they wont admit, is that its easier for them to win and be good at umk3 then mk1 or mk2. im actually starting to look down on umk3 for being a weaker MK then Mk1 or MK2, im starting to notice its the bandwagon MK,and its easier for anyone to be good at umk3 i believe. just my oppinion. and that's why they suck at the mk1 and mk2 because they dont have the elements to make the game easy for them like in umk3,run,etc......

"its too slow" "it sucks" = i suck at anything other then umk3,lol.

**** some people don't know how to play chess,nor will they ever. the brain is in much more use in mk1 and in mk2,sorry i cant see that being not true. not the frantic reaction like umk3,mk1 and mk2 involves MUCH more strategy then umk3,hands fucking down!

just my oppinions.

dookiebrain said:
Dreadish said:
Jab pressure is best way but with canceling moves in order too prevent too get hit in close combat.
yeah it gets messy as hell, but there is something about mk1 that is so awsome. ive watched you and soultakers vids,good stuff.
For better close combat stuff check my other match videos like vs Steambull, Triple H or Vs "Uknown player etc etc; as for this topic is getting little out of hand. Pls stay on it!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
DarkMoon said:
DarkMoon said:
dookiebrain said:
DarkMoon said:
dookiebrain said:
dciguy01 said:

Sucks to be them!!!!
Points and "Test your Might" were eliminated from the MK series because they added nothing to the gameplay. Points died out of the vast majority of video games circa the mid 1990's because there were no rewards for getting X number of points. Getting a high score just for the heck of it does not always translate into fun. It can also translate into monotony.

Take PS3 MK2 for instance. Do you really think the people at the top of the "Scoreboards," especially those on the US version, are really as good as their scores indicate? Do you honestly think that TonyKila is better than Dvdcsn? 4x better than Yungnicca? 8x better than Wario7414? Unless you are naive or dumb, of course not. They spammed their way up to that score. Do you get anything for getting a high score in MK1? No. There are no unlockables, no hidden secrets, no rewards to get from a high score. Test your might, once again, added nothing meaningful to the gameplay. It's an added mini-game, but is it really necessary? Is that why we buy the game? The answer of course is no.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
You know, it's posts like the one above that earn you all those thumbs down.

EDIT: To clarify, I wasn't singling you out. I was making a general point about why scores were eliminated in most games nowadays. If you took it another way, that wasn't my intent. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Last note: get back on topic and end this kinda "discussion here!
As for me, last time i played against reptile was on genesis port of mk back in 90s.