What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang What's Liu Kang missing to be top tier?

OP: Not sure what Liu is lacking because on paper he seems amazing but in reality I just don't see it. I am speaking solelely on DF. FF is gimmicky and has super easy execution which is why it seems on par with DF but if anyone can master DF I fear for the rest of the cast. So far, no one has done that. The execution is very high.

Also, comparatively, his pokes are not good in my experience.

Since no one cares about my first post, are iafb's essential to playing liu kang?
I think that they are. If you can do them consistently your opponent has to exhaust their options to get in on you between iafb and low fireballs.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
I think NRS should return to Liu Kang his DB4 special move from MKvsDCU for all variations. The one that he can cancel into 1, 2, 3 or 4, where 3 was low, 2 launched for juggles, 1 and 4 had a nice pushback and cheap. That would be something for him to become even stronger. I'm sure they can add an entire special move through patch, cause why not?

Oh, and for MKX if he got DB4 back from MKvsDCU, first 2 hits of that special should be overhead.

I think NRS should return to Liu Kang his DB4 special move from MKvsDCU for all variations. The one that he can cancel into 1, 2, 3 or 4, where 3 was low, 2 launched for juggles, 1 and 4 had a nice pushback and cheap. That would be something for him to become even stronger. I'm sure they can add an entire special move through patch, cause why not?

Oh, and for MKX if he got DB4 back from MKvsDCU, first 2 hits of that special should be overhead.
Yo the magic cartwheel kick. Remember the restand after each combo? I believe it was cartwheel kick and thn b3. I use to do it all the time. Imagine how dumb liu would be if he still had it lol

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Yo the magic cartwheel kick. Remember the restand after each combo? I believe it was cartwheel kick and thn b3. I use to do it all the time. Imagine how dumb liu would be if he still had it lol
He wouldn't be dumb, he would the champion he should be, not only by the story, but by the tier list ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Like I said they need to buff light stance healing (or change it) in dualist.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Ff is top 5 just wait.
Flame Fist officially Rebeloed...we get it.

Flame Fist is the only one with results...we get it @YOMI Zyphox

Dualist is shit tier...we get it @AK L0rdoftheFLY (oh shit thats me)

Dragon's Fire is the best one on paper 3 months into the games life....we get it @Derptile

ATL Red made Top 8 with Kang year one MK at EVO 2011 and Kang was as mid tier as mid tier came. Lets get real here folks. Lets not assume one variation is better than the other because of one tournament placing and lets not pretend like everyone has the execution 100% to make DF viable yet. DF is on paper by far the best variation but with a very high learning curve.

God damnit people lets relax and let the game evolve.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i can't wait till murk finally goes to a damn tournament and show how good DF is. on a side note i have a DF Kang but i prefer FF for stated reasons.

What stated reasons are those? I haven't seen you Post any reasons anywhere
Yeah maybe I missed something.

The LK community was routing for you at evo big time. So no disrespect, just not seeing how FF is on par with DF. The only thing DF lacks is a person with the ability to execute it.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Liu Kang is pretty damn OP.
Dragons fire is retarded.... I wish I didn't suck at run cancels in that variation -.-
FF would be top tier again if they just buff up his cancel again but why the fuck would they? FF is still pretty high up there IMO but DF beats it down to nothing in comparison.

Overall the only thing I dislike about Liu Kang is his air to airs are weak, all his jips are shite.... but his D2 is pretty godlike so just stay grounded and react with that huge hitbbox it has.